PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official SF/GB playoff game thread, open for bidness...

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who wins and by how much?

• Packers by 6 or more

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Packers by 5 or less

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 49ers win in an upset

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are still pundits (Mike Francesa, Rob Parker, Eric ****erson) who have Montana over Brady.

****erson is probably spiteful at Brady for beating his Rams twice in the big game.

Parker is a complete moron who has been fired from multiple networks.

Francesa was a NY Radio Host. Yankees lover. So he probably hates all Boston teams.
Anyone who doesn't have Brady at the top of the QB list is a damn fool.

And there are bones of all teams scattered across the NYFL. **** them.

Btw, yankee was never meant to describe New Yorkers. That's something that theyb stole from us. Yankee was strictly a NE name, and NY is not part of NE.

Great list.

I have trouble where to put Marino. He didn't win it all but he was a great QB. He had a very quick release and was accurate, even under pressure. It's not his fault he was stuck with Shula. :)

Yeah...Marino is a really interesting one. You might remember from the QB Rankings thread that I'd often find Bradshaw and Marino right next to each other around #12 & #13, which was a sign that the system had achieved balanced, common sense weighted rankings for stats/accolades and championships. That's all-time, of course; in the SB era, that would both probably around #7 and #8.

The other notable thing about Marino is that he caused me to reevaluate the entire stats system I was using because I was only using passer rating, and it led me to see how flawed passer rating is as a stat. Marino was consistently coming in as pretty good, but not great, statistical passer. When I changed the benchmark to Adjusted Net Yards/Attempt, it changed his ranking dramatically. Why? He took so few sacks due to his quick release, and that's a really big deal when it comes to team success. Marino's low sack levels were absolutely ridiculous as he was far ahead of anyone from that era.

QBs come in 3 categories;
1) The media kisses some guy's butt even though he isn't that good.
2) The media kisses some guy's butt and he's actually good.
3) The media kisses some guy's butt and he's the most over-rated QB in the history of QBs.

Rodgers is category 3.
Nobody kisses his butt ppl literally trying to cancel him. They kiss Allen’s now but if he does that every season with no ring, he’s worse than AR.

…that’s going by the logic of qb wins the Superbowl by himself

Last edited:
Anyone who doesn't have Brady at the top of the QB list is a damn fool.

And there are bones of all teams scattered across the NYFL. **** them.

Btw, yankee was never meant to describe New Yorkers. That's something that theyb stole from us. Yankee was strictly a NE name, and NY is not part of NE.

Brady is so unique that he doesn't make my list at all. He does, however, have final approval.

Any other position's "Best Of" list in the NFL has a group of players so close to each other that it is hard, but fun, to argue who is the best. Even Rice, an insanely good and productive receiver, has two or three guys right on his six. Running Back - Is it Brown? Sayers? Payton? Sanders? Emmitt has the numbers overall, and ****erson has that single season record and was incredibly electric.

Brady, however, stands alone.

Brady is so unique that he doesn't make my list at all. He does, however, have final approval.

Any other position's "Best Of" list in the NFL has a group of players so close to each other that it is hard, but fun, to argue who is the best. Even Rice, an insanely good and productive receiver, has two or three guys right on his six. Running Back - Is it Brown? Sayers? Payton? Sanders? Emmitt has the numbers overall, and ****erson has that single season record and was incredibly electric.

Brady, however, stands alone.
Brown also stands alone. Nobody remotely close. He was the was the most dominant offensive player of his time and that includes qbs.
If youre talking nfl goats,Brown is #2 behind Brady. And ahead of Montana and all other qbs. If you didn't see him play you dont understand.

Brown also stands alone. Nobody remotely close. He was the was the most dominant offensive player of his time and that includes qbs.
If youre talking nfl goats,Brown is #2 behind Brady. And ahead of Montana and all other qbs. If you didn't see him play you dont understand.
Jim Brown is why I was a Browns until the Pats came along.

He was amazing, I'll give you that. A rare player that could be dropped into any era of the NFL and still succeed.

Back in the 90s I was a frequent Delta flier from MA to FL where company HQ was located. In the beautiful people's Delta lounge I spotted Pats nemesis Dan Marino sitting with a couple of his smurf WRs standing around him. Being a bit of an *hole Patriots fan I decided to go over and rag on him. As I rosa and started over to where he was sitting, he stood up, and kept rising and rising.
Man, was he big compared to me.
I turned around and sat down. And that's why I am still alive and able to post here today.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back