PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Preseason Game Day Thread- Pats @ Giants

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Daniel Jones nearly picked by Justin freaking Bethel, lol!

is there any worse division in football than the NFC east?

Has Anfernee Jennings or Dalton Keene done anything this camp and preseason? Kind of disturbed I haven't heard about either this year.
Keene got put on IR.

Mac Jones is already better than Daniel Jones

Hee hee! Reiss can't help himself either!

Surprised to see Jackson back on the field after that. BB still giving him the illusion of a chance, at least.

I was talking about the delay of game mostly. But Zolak illustrated how Gunner was open quickly, that he was the read. Mac missed him. It was a small opening, but one Brady would get all the time.

Mac didn't even have time to go through all his reads.

Has Anfernee Jennings or Dalton Keene done anything this camp and preseason? Kind of disturbed I haven't heard about either this year.
Keene is on IR, done for the season.

Ooh.. perfectly placed and gunner drops it.

Gunner bad drop

Okay. This is a tangent rant. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING annoys me more from announcers these days than this talking point about 'offenses keeping on schedule'. The concept is so stupid. The idea of the concept is you want to gain yards every play so that your 3rd downs are manageable. This is such a loser small ball mentality. You don't win games by seeing a lot of short 3rd downs. You win games by avoiding 3rd downs by converting on first and second. If you have to see a 3rd down you are behind schedule, though that is unpreventable at times.

This is also a huge reason fans get so annoying with coaches calling runs on 2nd and 10. I don't need to do the math to know you are better off statistically going for a first down twice from 10 yards than once from 7 yards. This is also a big reason why I hate plays which are designed to get 3-4 yards on 1st and 10. It is archaic backwards thinking of an era of football that is long dead.

Why is belichick making this kid work with the second team. Unreal.

Gunner needs to catch those!

another penalty !!!! this is terrible

You haven't heard anything about Keene because he was IRed early on with an injury.

Cool let’s let Mac see a 2nd and 20

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back