PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Preseason Game 3: Patriots at Titans - Game Thread

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AHHHH HD PERILLO MY EYES!!

My Eyes Pain GIF

The more you see of Zappe the worse he gets, that's how you know those couple of games were a flash in the pan.

He's massively undersized and doesn't do anything at an even mediocre NFL level, any old bum puts up numbers in pre season and he's out there playing the whole game basically and has 57 yards.

Zo looked like a mix of leather face and an old blood stained baseball glove in week 1. Seemed to get some more Botox and buffed his face out a bit since then.

Good lord Cunny playing musical chairs

I think it’s safe to say we should’ve drafted Sam Howell.

I’ll eat some crow. Thought Zappe looked good for a few weeks last year and could build on it this offseason. It’s not trending in that direction. Any hopes this season ride with Mac taking a step forward.

He does not look like an nfl qb regardkess of who he is playing with.
Malik is playing with scrubs also.
Malik runs. A running QB is your only hope with a bunch of Steubers.

Zappe looked like **** tonight. However, he apparently has looked good in practices with players who are going to make the team. And last year, he looked the part of a decent backup...certainly more so than Darnold, Zach Jete, and a host of others.

Again, Zappe has looked awful tonight. And just now, Cunny got Steubered. Try some critical thought beyond the simplistic, "Zappe is the worst in the league because he is playing against scrubs."

Boutte playing zero snaps feels like a done deal for him as far as making the team.
He came a long way. Started off not great and then really came on. Good for him, could potentially be a solid player in this offense if he can keep building on it.

Just a few thoughts...

OL isn't doing Zappe any favors, but he's not doing them any favors, either. Nine-yard drops and he just doesn't seem like he's seeing anything.
In an earlier thread, I said they're okay with Zappe as a backup. Now I'm wishing they had traded for Trey Lance...or somebody. He just looks awful.

Pretty sure Boutte is making the team - I hope they don't try to sneak him through to put TT on IR.They'll lose him.

Tough to see Perkins get hurt. He was finally showing up. His "career" reminds me of Derek Rivers.

Is Munson going to make it over Wilson?

Jennings looks good again.

Honestly, I'd keep Sam Roberts. He's big, he's active. I think there's something there. He's still raw, but there's a rare level of power there.

I'd keep JJ over Harris, but might just go with three (or are they keeping Montgomery}. Strong looked good tonight.

Mapu is going to be great. He covers a ton of ground. His tackling was off, but remember, it's like week 2 for him in that regard. I want him at LB.

Shawn Wade might make the team after IR if he's not claimed. Particularly if Jack Jones is gone for a few weeks.

Pray the OL gets healthy or this is going to be a long season. I hope Reiff is okay - I like him at Guard...like moving an older CB to Safety. Mafi and Sow are going to be good, but need work. Kind of disappointed with Jake Andrews to date.

Honestly, I'd keep Sam Roberts. He's big, he's active. I think there's something there. He's still raw, but there's a rare level of power there.
I loved the Roberts pick last year after seeing film of him. Just a hard-working athletic kid and it's been cool seeing him grow into a role.

He came a long way. Started off not great and then really came on. Good for him, could potentially be a solid player in this offense if he can keep building on it.
His last two weeks were really good. He obviously has the talent. The maturity was the "red flag" for him but he's seemed to be a model Patriot in camp and very coachable.

I've watched a lot of Patriots football...injuries or no injuries, pre season, regular season, whatever season...I've never seen a Pats offense look this bad...this is bad. there is absolutely nothing to build on, nothing.... if they don't get the full projected starting oline, Mac jones will get killed and they'll be a sub 20 ppg offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back