PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD: Patriots lose to Raiders 21-17

Immediate Postgame Reactions
I could name 15!

Mac is the worst QB. we've had since Scott Secules. He's that bad. You always underrate how bad he is.

I have no doubt that many of his teammates have given up on him as has been reported.

He is weak and afraid. He NEVER stands in there, never up into the pocket. We had wide open receivers today that he was absolutely afraid to throw to because he was too scared of a non-existent rush.

On the other side, Hoyer had pressure bearing down on him. And he stood in there. He showed guts. Bentley was right in his face. Unblocked. In there in 1 second. And Hoyer just stood in there without backpeddling, cowering, throwing off his back foot, and he found Mayer.

And Hoyer SUCKS. This is the minimum of what we should expect.
No you couldn't.

Last year Tom Brady was on a better offense and he had a losing season. Aaron Rodgers failed to make the playoffs last year with a better offense. We saw Peyton Manning unable to make the playoffs with a team that had Wayne, Addai, and a much better line. We saw Patrick Mahomes look like a high school kid in the Super Bowl when he had Hill and Kelce but his line was injured. We saw Brees look like trash in San Diego and miss the playoffs multiple times with better offenses. Allen couldn't make the playoffs without Diggs. Tua couldn't make the playoffs without Hill and Waddle and he's one of the best performing QB's on pace to be MVP.

You said you could name 15?

I'll make it easy for you.

Name 5. Name 5 current QB's who have proven they could make the playoffs with an offense as bad as this. Give me QB and the offense and explain why that was as bad as this one.

Let's have an intelligent conversation with facts. Then we can talk. Not you just saying nonsense. Actual reality. I'll wait. This should be good.

Offensive play calling was terrible for the last two games. Bill hasn’t been the player personnel decision maker since maybe the end of 21 season as Bob got involved and wanted more consensus from the group of scouts and player/pro personnel. Mac is done and for me the OL (bring Dante back in a limited role) and ST coaching staff should be let go. Bring back Scott Pioli or Tom Donahoue to come in and take the GM role from Bill. Also one other change for me. The strength and conditioning group needs a big change. I think Mayos brother was involved in this and I’d say just based on results..the team needs a change here.

Wasn’t able to watch the game today. Can anyone tell me how many catches my favorite receiver (One Catch Thornton) had today? Sounds like another brutal game…
Thanks for reminding me Thornton is still on the roster.

Maxx Crosby is an All Pro quality player, but he is All World when multiple guys fail to even try to block him like that.

BTW, why was Lowe starting? More importantly, why is Lowe still employed in the NFL?
Be the speed bump. Lowe is the last OT in the nfl.

Maxx Crosby is an All Pro quality player, but he is All World when multiple guys fail to even try to block him like that.

BTW, why was Lowe starting? More importantly, why is Lowe still employed in the NFL?
Gleisicky too man...

Failed to bump him and falls down his one arm swing.....

This is gross all around

People need to realize, he's good enough ... for now. You need someone who can be serviceable and win some games until they can draft the next guy, and hopefully that guy can get it done for you. Or Mac gets better and reaches a higher level if maybe they improve the line and get him actual guys to throw to. If not, at least you're building an offense that the next guy might be able to thrive in.

Right now, they don't have that. And Cunningham can't be successful for those reasons. Neither can Zappe. Or Grier. I mean, Zappe won two blowout games last year and can't even stay on the field this year. I sort of can't believe all the people who hate Mac and love Zappe can't look at that and be like ... WTF ...? It's easy to say Mac sucks, but the meltdown by both of those guys has to be attributed to what's going on around them.

They didn't both suddenly completely forget how to play. It just boggles my mind that people think anybody could operate with this group. That's sort of the killer, we can't really make any evaluations of any of the QBs if they don't have time or have anyone to throw to. It's just maddening. :rolleyes:
And this has been the trend since Dante retired...

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
And what exactly did he show you that makes you think he's a Franchise QB? its year 3. If you don't have the talent to be a top 5-10 QB, you better be smart and clutch. Jones clearly doesn't have top 5-10 talent, has terrible pocket awareness, is skittish, and hasn't shown once that he can be clutch. worst thing you can do is stick too long with a struggling QB, especially of the rest of the team is garbage
He's adequate, and most of his turnover issues (or him being skittish) is because of this current group up front.

The issue is, when it comes to finding a quarterback, you need someone to at least be able to play and buy you time while giving you some stability as you go through and continue evaluating quarterbacks. Unless, of course, you get insanely lucky. I'm assuming that isn't happening again anytime soon. That's why they've always drafted someone, albeit, Brady made most of them irrelevant, save for maybe Garoppolo. And that was a case of bad timing.

They can't make any type of evaluation right now because this offensive line may be one of the worst I've ever seen. But you need Mac to succeed long enough to buy you time to find and develop the next guy. They can't do that with anybody right now, regardless of who they put back there and it badly messes things up in this process.

I feel bad for Parker. He is getting blamed for the entire loss.
Don't. He's a pro who got his contract extended. He's supposed to be 1 of our best WR's. Troy Brown, Deion Branch, Jules, Gronk,Dola,. That's what makes you a pro. It's called the NFL. Not for long I'm you Don't catch when it counts.

Gleisicky too man...

Failed to bump him and falls down his one arm swing.....

This is gross all around

At least with Gesicki, we knew what we were getting. A glorified WR who couldn't block. It is Lowe's job to block.

if I’m Kraft I tell Wolf and Groh I’m asking you to pick the 53 each week.
I want Parker, Ju Ju out, I want Overpaid Trent Brown out,
I want you watching every practice and you decide who starts and plays on game days.
You have the rest of the season to fix this or start working on your resumes.

Yeah, but they did that all day because the O-Line couldn't stop it. Malik needed time to look at wherever he was going with it and they were there right after the snap, it's just crazy. I sort of can't believe it's this bad...I'm just dumbfounded, honestly.
We must have watched a different game. Did they play badly? Yes. But there were plenty of times when Mac had all day back there, and he blew it in various ways in those plays. It wasn't all day. He refuses to step up when his blocks are set, and he consistently makes the bad or wrong read. Hoyer on the other side was taking advantage even though he was under extreme duress.

So what happened to Jimmy that put him on an ambulance? Herniated disc? Spine? Hope he’s all right and it was just precautionary…

You are looking at it with the frame of who was their QB. 2013 started promising but was starting 2 rookie WRs before year end.

We have more talent this year especially on RB and WR.
No I'm not. You can not objectively say the line is better. You can not objectively say the RB's are better. You can not look at anything these WR's have ever done in their career and make a real case they are better.

This cuts both ways. I can say you are looking at Mac through the frame of a much worse offensive line than Brady ever had in his life, less productive RB's than Brady ever played with and WR's who miss routine catches and can't do routine toe touches.

AND this is the worst special teams in terms of DVOA that the Patriots have had since Belichick got here... which has nothing to do with Mac.

There is no objective metric you can say those teams were less talented than this one.

I'd love to here why washed Zeke and Stevenson playing like crap is better than Dillon, Maroney, or Blount. I'd love to hear why Parker or Bourne or washed Juju are better than Edelman in his breakout year, Gronk or Amendola.

What in their mechanics and production makes you think they are better.

No you couldn't.

Last year Tom Brady was on a better offense and he had a losing season. Aaron Rodgers failed to make the playoffs last year with a better offense. We saw Peyton Manning unable to make the playoffs with a team that had Wayne, Addai, and a much better line. We saw Patrick Mahomes look like a high school kid in the Super Bowl when he had Hill and Kelce but his line was injured. We saw Brees look like trash in San Diego and miss the playoffs multiple times with better offenses. Allen couldn't make the playoffs without Diggs. Tua couldn't make the playoffs without Hill and Waddle and he's one of the best performing QB's on pace to be MVP.

You said you could name 15?

I'll make it easy for you.

Name 5. Name 5 current QB's who have proven they could make the playoffs with an offense as bad as this. Give me QB and the offense and explain why that was as bad as this one.

Let's have an intelligent conversation with facts. Then we can talk. Not you just saying nonsense. Actual reality. I'll wait. This should be good.
Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert (whose line stinks), and Brian Hoyer

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back