PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD: Patriots lose to Raiders 21-17

Immediate Postgame Reactions
I’m not into intentionally losing or tanking, but we need a new/dynamic QB;
1-16 here we come…

Your high.
Lance has untapped potential.
Mac the book is out and we have all seen the floor as well as under the foundation.
He still hasn’t proven a thing and chances are he never will. There’s no path for him to leapfrog Dak anytime soon. Potential means nothing in this league.

He got a 4th so that’s the bare minimum that the Pats should ask for.

Plenty of blame to go round, but almost entirely the offense. Bad football team this year in all facets, antithesis of pats teams of old.

I said earlier I want us to lose out and look respectable doing so.
It still hurts to see how inept this offense is.
Gesicki maybe the worst blocking tightend I’ve ever seen which was the book on him in Miami.

Why don’t we try to run any deep seam routes with him and let him
Use his height and length to get the ball?

Agree. This team is MANY players away
They are, but the draft should be deep at the positions that they need, and they also have copious cap space available. That situation can be flipped quickly with a skilled approach. I don't have a lot of confidence Bill is the guy to do it at this stage.

Mac was definitely... better today than the prior two weeks, but the screw ups were still there (one bad INT, nearly a second one), and it ultimately wasn't enough to matter against a bad Raiders team and freaking Brian Hoyer. I still see no reason to keep starting him. If they're gonna lose, you may as well lose developing players you think you'll keep long term.
It doesn’t matter. None of the Qb’s on the roster are going to be the starter next year and when we get a new QB the smart move is to get a vet to their back up. So anybody we “develop” isn’t going to be a real contributor unless a catastrophe happens. Zappe, Cunningham, whoever aren’t ever being anything more and a 3rd string depth QB next year.

And let’s be real, Bill shouldn’t be here, so who knows if the next guy even wants to bother with any of them. Idk why we should presume anything about who should be starting the rest of the way to develop

Exactly. As great a partnership as there ever will be in football and the results speaks for itself.
Dude, I’ll never rip that guy to the point that some of these fans are doing. He’s one of the greatest ever as far as I’m concerned and he’s a HOF that should go out with some dignity. Way too valuable to the historic run.
Been thinking on Landry and Knoll over the last few days. Definitely all timers with great players.

steelers fans take on the Klemm hiring was that we shouldn’t get too excited and now I see why.

Well now that the season is over I hope we lose enough games to get the number 1 overall draft pick. But I bet we will win like 4games and lose out.

People can blame Mac all they want (and he certainly isn't blameless), but no QB could make this offense good. There is no talent beyond maybe Bourne and Henry.
Mac wasn't the issue this game. The O line failed him again as it has all season. Yes, I can confidently say we are the worst offense in the league. Parker is terrible. At 1-5 I can bet you start to see guys make decisions about thier future.

Dude, I’ll never rip that guy to the point that some of these fans are doing. He’s one of the greatest ever as far as I’m concerned and he’s a HOF that should go out with some dignity. Way too valuable to the historic run.
Been thinking on Landry and Knoll over the last few days. Definitely all timers with great players.
Yup. It’s not rare that great coaches end like this once they lose their all world QB. Unfortunately.

64 million for Parker and Boo-Boo.

Everyone is at fault

O-line stinks (penalties especially)
Receiving corps stinks (little talent, can't make plays)
Mac isn't good
Bill O'Brien isn't good
Belichick isn't good

Fire Bill
Cut/trade Mac

He's a reason. But not the main reason.

That would be the OL. Receivers and Mac are after that, then special teams.

I don't think you realize how bad this teams talent is.

It's not a one man fix

Our defense is left out to dry by our offense.

When our QB was playing somewhat above ****, we stayed with the Eagles and Dolphins, two of the most talented teams in the NFL.

Now that our QB has gone complete ******, our offense looks like it's run by Ray Charles.

Yes our OL is not great, but is exacerbated by our bumbling QB who has no awareness or poise in the pocket.

is Jared Goff a great QB?
Your an idiot and have been a hater as long as I can remember. Your just sitting there happy as can be throwing stones, relishing in the ashes of the dynasties. Spare me, you were a season ticket holder for this many years reply.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back