PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread....We're Superbowl bound!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hqdefault.jpg

Don't forget to head over to Steelers Forums for entertainment.

Steelers Talk

steelerfury.com • View forum - Zone Blitz - Steelers Football Discussion

Gooooo Pats!

The Schadenfreude there reached critical mass.

WE'RE ONTO HOUSTON!!

The one thing that everyone will be in denial about is Bell going down worked in the Steelers favor. Bell's style plays into our patient run defense. D. Williams had a great game against us last year and he seemed to pick up where he left off when he got into the game. He and Eli Rodgers were a problem but the Steelers preferred to waste downs taking unnecessary deep shots. We are the better team but if the Steelers were coached better it wouldn't have been a glorious blowout.

Good.... we have the magic number then.... the defense has to hold Atlanta below 30 points.

Question is, do you feel confident that our offense will be able to outscore them?

If they can outscore Houston with all the mistakes and miscues they made in that game, with the D they came in with...that gives me confidence they can do it against Atlanta.

The one thing that everyone will be in denial about is Bell going down worked in the Steelers favor. Bell's style plays into our patient run defense. D. Williams had a great game against us last year and he seemed to pick up where he left off when he got into the game. He and Eli Rodgers were a problem but the Steelers preferred to waste downs taking unnecessary deep shots. We are the better team but if the Steelers were coached better it wouldn't have been a glorious blowout.

I'm not sure if they could be coached better. The Steelers never change who they are. They do what they do and will win/lose by doing it.

I do agree with you though that it seems as though they were better off with Williams because the Pats seemingly put a lot of focus onto stopping Bell with gap discipline. Williams is a very good backup for them, no doubt, but as far as versatility, Bell is the tops.

How in blazes did you poor Pats fans sit through this repugnant broadcast? Simms is BEYOND ridiculous. His color is horribly slanted to the Steelers.No wonder the post game interview by Nantz was such an uncomfortable event. What disgracefully biased, smallminded media pinheads. TRUE suckage.

Nantz was killing me during the trophy presentation. It was if he was trying to over dramatize each individual experience.

"Tom......as you were sailing across the high seas in the treacherous storm of accusations and your banner of truth waved strong although not always visible through the mist of doubts......how does going to your 7th SB feel?"

Bell was largely ineffective before he went down. 20 yards in 6 attempts which is atrocious.

So I disagree.

Like to give a shout out to the refs (although to be fair that unsportsmanlike call on the Edelman hit was weak). Hope the Super Bowl is refereed with the same maturity and restraint.

I live in Houston and there's a ton of Pats fans that live here! We all know New England fans travel well! Do you guys think we'll outnumber the Falcons fans? I believe so!

From stillers.com...

Can't even cover this slow, white Homo Hogan. Nor any of their receivers on the roster

:D
Good, I fuggn love slow white.....never mind

Receivers that catch a ton of balls...white, green, black or tinted

Relishing in their misery

I was gonna try to make it down to your seat in the 2nd half, seacoast...but I'm too superstitious....WE BURIED 'EM BABY! :D
LOL We sure did! We had a relatively high number of Squealer fans in and around us and boy were they quiet.
By the way, Bon Jovi will never be confused with the talking heads, but it sure was fun to sing along with him last night.

Good, I fuggn love slow white.....never mind

Receivers that catch a ton of balls...white, green, black or tinted

Relishing in their misery

He's probably as fast or faster than Antonio Brown. Speed is a small part of being a good WR, otherwise, Fuller, Boyce and Hayward-Bey would dominate the NFL.

Last edited:
Good.... we have the magic number then.... the defense has to hold Atlanta below 30 points.

Question is, do you feel confident that our offense will be able to outscore
them?

Is that a serious question? Seriously? You can't be serious.

The SB in Houston is ours to lose. All we have to do is hold Atlanta under 30 where they're a pathetic 1-5, and just play smart football.
Is it? I think it's the game to lose for the #1 offense and MVP-QB.

My issue was not running him enough and forcing passes to guys like Brown. Runs and screens flat passes to D Will were eating up yards and clock, when your defense can't stop Brady that is your best shot.

Now here is the thing, we are all Pats fans and should be celebrating in unison but you are lying if you try to say D Will didn't ball, he was one of the few Steelers who showed up and he played his ass off.

i'm not sure you watched the game without being a nervous nancy. d-will
a) had some decent runs in the 1st half, when the team was probably prepared for leveon bell. he didnt do much in running game in 2nd half
b) all those received stats are just that, stats. pats left him open out of the back early on, giving up the small(er) plays without getting killed by the big play. thats what the pats do

pats kill you with the "death by a thousand paper cuts" philosophy. all of suddenn you look down and youre in a pool of blood

What a marvellous day of idle surfing&browsing is this day after..

_____

2017 AFC win.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand