PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread - Seattle beats the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
What a game....It seems like whenever we play against Seattle it always goes down to the last play.....

Cam played really well tonight, I thought our receivers played well also as did our O-line protecting Cam. I'm a little disappointed with our running game, but I think we'll get better as the season goes on. Our defense had a tough time with their offense but the bottom line is they got the stop when they needed it at the end.

Let's discuss!!!!

x2CioGo.gif

Winnable game but the Seahawks are one of if not the best team in the NFC. Our defense, especially the LBs, are going to need the season to grow up. I have no reason to be anything but optimistic.

Feeling pissed just because it would have been so sweet to cap it off. Cam played a great game...definitely instills confidence. We should wipe the floors with the Raiders.

Definitely still something left in Cam. Gutsy performance by them to make a big comeback. Sucks to lose, but that was one heck of a near victory. Still proud of these guys.

P.S. I sure hope we dont lose Edelman, or look out.

In the game that mattered the most, we stopped them on the goal line but the last 2 games played, they stopped us on the goal line. Unbelievable. Gronk couldn't catch the fade 4 years ago and now mcdouche calls a predictable play and it gets stuffed

Obviously getting stopped at the goal line sucks, but the play that hurts the most to me is Jules not pulling in the game winner

1. Cam is an elite passer. Has a laser arm for deep and medium passes. Open up the play book. Stop coaching Cam like he's Brissett.

2. Belichick was out with his mom's passing. The coaching preparation without Belichick, with McDaniels was weak and predictable. They were down big.

3. The defense had a tough night. Missed secondary assignments and LBs have some run defense issues

4. Russell Wilson is playing like a league MVP

5. The Goal line play they repeatedly called is terrible. Shift the TE then shift the RB. It failed like 0 for 4 times

6. Edelman is clutch. I worry for his health and durability.

7. Makes no sense to me why Asiasi isn't getting calls in the passing game.

8. I have to give Kudos to Harry for a couple catches at the end. Maybe one day he will average more than 9 yards a catch.

Hopefully we’ll see less of the runs on 3rd and long. Can’t figure that one out.

Cam 397 yards passing. Wow

Harry-Byrd-Edelman and Cam showed some heart. I wonder if we try that last run with 5 wide... let Cam use his strength vs fewer opponents.

The DBs, disappointing. I know Wilson is very, very good - but sheesh.

Back to Cam : more than one team is kicking themselves for not signing him.

To bad goaline was so predictable... Why not roll out or some sort of play action... McDaniels is just so bad... Newton was really good

The one thing that really depresses me is that we are now looking up at the Bills. I know it's only game 2 but still that sucks !
They should a lot of heart today , Cam was very good, so was Jules and Byrd. Hopefully he and Harry can continue to improve every week !
D was a sore point today, Gilmore usually has one bad game a season so hopefully he had his and it's behind him going forward .

Cam is elite. That is all. We are so fortunate we grabbed him
Incoming $30m+/year contract which the Patriots may or may not pay.

Disappointing result, but I wasn’t disappointed with the performance.

I still think we’re a talented receiver away from contending.

Just curious, what play call did you want them to call?

To bad goaline was so predictable... Why not roll out or some sort of play action... McDaniels is just so bad... Newton was really good

Great game. I don't even feel too bad about the loss. We competed well and will only get better.

However, that last play. Everyone knew Cam would run it. I would have preferred a rollout with a pass/run option. Oh well, Josh will learn from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes