PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats shut out the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
The league has a problem in that they just haven't had a big bunch of quality QBs come in to carry the next generation.

You had Brady, Peyton, Eli, Big Ben, Rivers, Rodgers, Brees all playing and playing well for most of the last 10 years.

As far as young QBs who is elite? You've got Mahomes. Who else is elite and young? Maybe Jackson? Watson looked like he might be a few years ago but has regressed. Wilson is a solid starter but not elite.

Even if you call Wilson elite, the fact that We're referring to him as a young QB shows how much the league has been relying on an aging group of stars. Russell Wilson is 30 years old.

tenor.gif
I could see him getting fired after this year. That press conference was embarrassing and now gets shut out twice against their division rival.

We got a shutout ...........

jets-fan-fist-pump-against-bills.gif

Brady is starting to trust Meyers... very good win for us. Solid in all three phases.

time for this UK guy to go to sleep.. 4:40am
I don’t know what Meyers is like personally, but on the field he runs crisp routes and has sure hands. Blocks. 5-5 tonight, drew a couple of penalties and was wide open for a long TD when Brady got hit. Kid carries himself like a pro.

Meyers 13 receptions 15 targets 2 holds looking like Mitchell 2.0. When the OL is fine the offense is fine.

Pending what they do at the trade deadline and the return of Wynn & Harry it's tough to see a loss out there

Meyers looks a lot better than Mitchell. He had a 65 yard TD if he didn’t get grabbed. He makes plays all over the field. Mitchell was great on the sidelines.

Be honest.

Sam Darnold?

bs-md-chubby-chaney-headstone-20121110

Looking at some of these replays from QBs view, Darnold is so freakin bad. He had a lot of underneath hot routes and just chucked it up for grabs. This dude is a BUST.

My 11-year-old made a $5 bet with a classmate that the Pats would win by 20+ AND get a shutout. I laughed and told him that he needs work on his betting. F*** me, right?

Give him the password to your 401k now.

Meyers 13 receptions 15 targets 2 holds looking like Mitchell 2.0. When the OL is fine the offense is fine.

Pending what they do at the trade deadline and the return of Wynn & Harry it's tough to see a loss out there
Need Wynn back ASAP as 2.2 ypc average tonight ain't gonna cut it.

What a massacre! Not even I thought it would be by that much. Going into the game, I knew the jest were not beating us with this defense. But I figured they’d score ten or so

I thought the best one was how the Patriots had the best scoring differential, through 7 games, since the 1920 Buffalo All-Americans.

And for those claiming the Patriots have had a cupcake schedule. 4/7 teams Buffalo faced weren't even in the NFL standings :D

Then again I doubt All Tonawanda could be worse than Dolphins are Jets :D

I think someone needs to check on darnold tonight. Make sure he’s okay.

He might be in for some rough nightmares tonight

They had an interesting stat during the game. To match the Pats current points differential, you have to go back to the 1920 Buffalo All Stars.

Hopefully the Jets stick by Darnold as long as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes