PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Lions

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

About Zolak, I rarely ever see/hear the guy with the exception of the preseason broadcasts. It's legitimately uncomfortable and unsettling to observe and listen to him, given how obvious it is that he's an (apparently rather severe) alcoholic.

I guess he's managed to hold it together so far (from what we can see), but he really gives every indication of someone who's barely staying afloat and is right on the ragged edge. I honestly hope he is OK, and if not, that he gets help, for the sake of his long-term mental and physical health.

Technically it's ethanol but ETOH in this case is a slang term for regular booze. In the medical field its sometimes used to label a patient being treated for detox from alcohol.
Or anything alcohol-related.

Hx ETOH cirrhosis = History of alcoholic cirrhosis

ETOH hepatitis
ETOH pancreatitis
ETOH intoxication

Also under the “social history” section you’ll often see “denies ETOH” or “no tobacco/ETOH/drug use”

Ok, now that everyone is thoroughly bored with medical abbreviation talk….carry on.

Zolak gives new meaning to the term "homer" lol

It's not being a homer that's the problem, really... But can you imagine Gino Cappelletti carrying-on like that during a broadcast, of the 5th game of the regular season? I sure can't... If he's going to speak while his PBP partner is calling the play, then at least say something useful such as "great block" or "nice cut" etc...Instead we hear animal noises like Ricky Bobby & Susan made at the Unfriendly Possum...

It's not being a homer that's the problem, really... But can you imagine Gino Cappelletti carrying-on like that during a broadcast, of the 5th game of the regular season? I sure can't... If he's going to speak while his PBP partner is calling the play, then at least say something useful such as "great block" or "nice cut" etc...Instead we hear animal noises like Ricky Bobby & Susan made at the Unfriendly Possum...
He doesn't exactly exude class.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back