PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jags

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

And also depending on the Broncos and Texans in that scenario... yikes.

The only thing that makes the situation evenly remotely possible is that they're all division games, and all on the road. Weird things can happen in those cases, but 3 for 3? I'm not counting on it. Just happy we're in the dance, and will let things shake out as they will.
Right. The Jets beating the Bills alone will get us the #4 seed and a home game if the Pats can beat the Dolphins, but it’ll take everything else to get all the way to #1. Not likely to happen. But very excited to be back in the playoffs so soon, and will be excited to see if Mac can perform decently in a truly hostile environment.

Trevor lawrence now has 17interceptions on the season. I realize his team is bad but that's still not good.

only 1st year.

Look at Josh Allen. After he got some QB mechanics help, he is ripping the ball with accuracy...

Players cannot choose who drafts them.
They could if they tried. But they don’t try because they just want to be drafted as high as possible for the status and more money.

We still gave up 4.7 yards per rush on the ground against a very depleted jags roster.

Most of our potential playoff foes not named Buffalo can run the ball!
The yards on the ground all came 1) in the 2nd half when it was a 3-score+ game and were expecting pass, and 2) a large chunk was on Lawrence’s scramble. Be more concerned about their performance against the run in the Indy and Titans games (who also happen to be the best in the league on the ground); there’s nothing to take away from today’s performance on that front except for the first 20 minutes.

Last edited:
only 1st year.

Look at Josh Allen. After he got some QB mechanics help, he is ripping the ball with accuracy...
Noticed today Allen was something like 8/20 for 88yds with 2 ints in the first half. Good QB but still prone to some awful stuff.

They could if they tried. But they don’t try because they just want to be drafted as high as possible for the status and more money.
There is no evidence to back that up. All you have is an unsubstantiated opinion. I disagree with it.

Great win. We need a win next week and hope the Texans can do something. I'd like to see a home playoff game.

One thing that ticked me off... two weeks ago, two Pats players get their bells rung by the Colts. No flags and no fines. Today, Miles Bryant gets flagged for what looked like incidental contact with Austin's helmet while he was pushing him out of bounds. Then, in the 4th quarter, Kendrick Bourne gets his head knocked around by Jones and... no flag?? What is it with this league? You want to "protect the players" then throw the flag there!

Last edited:
Starts at the top, if he hired good people to run the show they could have a good team, he has a chance to do that but I doubt he does.

1.) the worst ownership in sports is woodhead Johnson and the jets.

2.) good owners hire good operations people and get out of the way and let them run the organization.

3.) good operations people hire good coaches, set a culture that induces buy in and develop operational structure that allow for continued success.

the Jacksonville owner has proven to be deficient in all these areas.

Good win. On to the dreaded at MIA game next week. Let’s pay them back for week 1.

Meanwhile...Trever Lawerence is a good example why top QB prospects need to avoid going to dumpster fire franchises which derail their careers. From the Owner, GM, Coach, and roster, they are awful. Lawrence only has himself to blame.
How does Trevor Lawrence only have himself to blame? The NFL Draft has a little to do with where kids play after college, as I recall.

There is no evidence to back that up. All you have is an unsubstantiated opinion. I disagree with it.
That's fine. But if Lawerence said to the Jags prior to the draft that he refused to play for them, would they still draft him and keep him? Remember, a player can enter a redraft the following year if he refuses a team that drafts him. I know a team would not risk that as they’d lose their #1 pick.

But as I said before, 99.9% of players just want to be drafted.

Well the Christmas “Pat Patriot” jersey got off to a good start. Don’t recall too many wins by 40 points prior to “Elvis” that’s for sure…. We’re on to Miami..
Whatever you do @Since1960 , do not wash that Jersey. These guys need all the mojo they can get. I went with the Chapel Hill t-shirt under the ratty New England Patriots hoodie. All my other "lucky" stuff piled up losses and are presently banished. The Heels blew out BC in men's hoops and the Patriots blew out the Jags. Not sure if my attire had anything to do with it, but I'm grasping for straws here.

I hope they reach an extension without having to use the tag. That would be best for both, IMHO.
I wish this had happened last offseason , it’s going to cost them more money or the player.

New England Patriots back to playoffs is an awesome result

But now i want a win in Miami too

Go Pats !

watching the post game show earlier, JC made it clear in no uncertain terms that he wants to stay in New England. Bill please make it happen by any means, he is worth it !

Absolutely, you have to love the direction Belichick is taking this team. Definitely not a SB contender yet, but Belichick has his team playing extremely competitive. Very psyched about some of the young guys, who hopefully get better every year. Getting into a playoff game is important for these young guys. Win or lose, getting that experience is important.
Everybody in the AFC is a contender this year. The Pats blew out the current #1 seed - the Titans. The Chiefs lost in Cincinnati in a shoot out. The Colts lost to the Raiders. I don't see a clear cut elite team in the bunch. Survive and move on will be the name of the game in the AFC playoffs this year.

Sorry @Tunescribe, but we're all Jets fans next week. If the Jets can go into Buffalo and beat them, the Pats can win the AFC East and host a playoff game, and it may not be the Bills depending on what happens with the Bengals at the Browns. Everybody plays at 1:00 pm on Sunday for final seeding. Gotta love it.

We still gave up 4.7 yards per rush on the ground against a very depleted jags roster.

Most of our potential playoff foes not named Buffalo can run the ball!
Honestly, I don’t care. If they lose in the first playoff game, it’s still a successful season. Win or lose, year 1 of the rebuild went as well as I could’ve wished for. Just getting these young guys some playoff experience is huge. Now if they win a playoff game, icing on the cake.

So…where in the world is Josh Uche?

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back