PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Falcons

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

I think he’s a guy who is discovering his ceiling is lower than the Patriots’ locker room floor. Saw some rumors he’s not learned the playbook, which would put him out of step on the field and cause other problems, loss of confidence, etc.
Please cite these rumors about Jonnu Smith not having learned the playbook.

Pretty much any reply to an opinion about football that starts with "wrong" is worth discarding for no other reason than the poster is unnecessarily being a jerk.

Unless you're discussing something objectively defined - like roster regulations, IR rules, penalties, etc - then no can really be "wrong" because we're mostly amateurs sharing opinions. Even if someone is objectively wrong about something clearly defined, there's a better way to communicate that than a flat, "wrong".

If you think someone's opinion/perspective/information is wrong, try on the following for size:

"I disagree, and here's why ... "

"I have a different analysis on this one ... "

"Actually, the NFL rule in this regard says otherwise ... "
This post should be a sticky.

He didn't do sh-t in this crappy clip and I am just so glad they have been able to mask his crappiness because Steve Belichick is the real deal. Bentley is a waste of space (but fast after the fact, Monty Beisel and Gary Guyton 3.0)

He took the underneath pass away from Ryan so he couldn’t throw to Pitts.

I think he’s a guy who is discovering his ceiling is lower than the Patriots’ locker room floor. Saw some rumors he’s not learned the playbook, which would put him out of step on the field and cause other problems, loss of confidence, etc.
They need to run variants of the shovel option, receiver screens, wheel routes out of the backfield, etc. He needs to get healthy and get the ball in space.

This post should be a sticky.
Sure. As long as you teach people the difference between opinion and fact and how both can exist in a post. As well as to how to tell the difference between the two.. that kinda got missed by the person you were responding to.

Sure. As long as you teach people the difference between opinion and fact and how both can exist in a post. As well as to how to tell the difference between the two.. that kinda got missed by the person you were responding to.
I just liked it as good general tips on civility. If I missed anything context-wise, I plead Saturday morning laziness :haha:

I largely agree with the sentiment, but sometimes an idiot needs to be called an idiot. We're all amateurs on here. I get that. Some of us are just nuts, though. :)
I agree about the nuts part but maybe I'm just too much a diplomat. I prefer calm reasoned conversation to heated arguments in general*, and just quietly 'ignore' the extreme cases.

*I actually do very little of either here, but that's because I'm not as knowledgeable about the technical aspects of football as I'd wish to be in order to adequately hold up my end.

Last edited:
This game was one of the best zone defense performances I've seen from this team in quite some time. A far cry from a few years ago when we would lose people in space all the time- under Patricia.

He didn't do sh-t in this crappy clip and I am just so glad they have been able to mask his crappiness because Steve Belichick is the real deal. Bentley is a waste of space (but fast after the fact, Monty Beisel and Gary Guyton 3.0)
I'm glad your finally on the train...it took you a while, but welcome!!!!

I'm glad your finally on the crazy train...it took you a while, but welcome!!!!
Ozzy FIFY ;)
ozzy osbourne 80s GIF

This game was one of the best zone defense performances I've seen from this team in quite some time. A far cry from a few years ago when we would lose people in space all the time- under Patricia.

Yep, and those zone defenses from 2008-11 weren't pretty to look at either.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back