PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Falcons

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

The scenario that makes me nervous is the Patriots finishing with a better record than the Chiefs but getting a lower seed, then having to go to KC where they’ll undoubtedly get ass ****ed by the refs. Anything else, I think they can beat anyone.

The rest of the AFC west is melting down so this is plausible.

That ending was a little surreal - this defense is getting pretty scary.

Overall a good win with a good confidence boost to all 3 phases but plenty to improve on O.

and wtf is up with Folk missing XPs?

Mahomes has generally not played well vs Belichick defenses. KC’s defense is extremely suspect. OL still has issues. Too much fear of a team that simply has not played well against NE. Solid teams with good defenses typically beat NE over the years. Think Giants, Broncos, Ravens, Jets, Titans. Eagles SB was an aberration.

This team is better on the road than at home, so maybe we don't HFA.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Im not as concerned about home field, but being the only afc team with a bye would be huge

The Jets and fish will be irrelevant, the Patriots have conference tiebreakers in their advantage right now as they are 6-1 in the AFC. There could be possible head to head tiebreakers with Tennessee and Indy, as well as possible divisional tiebreaker with Buffalo, where the Miami loss could factor in if they split with the Bill’s.
I mean if we split with the Bills, we likely won't win the tie breaker with them due to the Dolphins loss.

Would love to win the division but don't think that is realistic for this team. Making the playoffs as a Wildcard team still would be a huge accomplishment. If the refs take one from us on the road in KC I would not be surprised. Plenty of really dubious calls this season. I thought the refs were paid like full time employees now so they wouldn't throw games?

• JC Jackson should be prepared for the franchise tag. The Pats have no choice now. The only way he isn't with the Pats in 2022 is if another team trades for him which would require a first rounder at least. But I doubt Belichick trades him unless it is a high first.
Yeah, and this site should stop with the 'what if we lose JC' posts. Franchise tag is $15M or so, he's worth every penny of it, he's not going anywhere next season. Jalen Ramsey got $100M for five years, that's what it would take (or more) to keep him long term, but that's not a problem till end of next season. Knowing Bill, that will be time to say goodbye, unless he can talk JC into signing a long term deal this off season.

• Flashback to five weeks ago. People were talking about how Kyle Van Noy and Donte Hightower were washed up and the Pats should have not signed Van Noy and should have cut Hightower before the season. I was one of them who thought they were washed up. How did that work out?
  • Speaking of Van Noy. How p*ssed must Dolphins fans have been last night? The Dolphins paid a buttload for him and he washed out after one season only to come back to the Pats and have an All Pro game like last night.
That's all part of Bill the GM's team building strategy. Cast-offs like KVN and Jamie Collins are welcome to come back. He wants lots of serviceable bodies at decent salaries. That's where the room for salary to pay for players like Judon comes from. KVN is signed through next season with a $2.4M cap hit, Collins is UFA. Gives them plenty of flexibility to be an opportunistic buyer going forward.

The only mistake was not finding a way to make it 28-3 :rofl:
They only needed a couple more minutes on the clock and Atlanta needed another QB. But I like the shutout better.

a 5th seed would likely mean heading to KC, which i’d rather avoid. I have confidence in this team, but Mac’s first playoff game at Arrowhead? As a 2 seed, we’d face a team like the chargers or pittsburgh, both of whom we can handle.
Hey, if we win out, there's an opportunity to get the 1 seed still. Just need TN to lose one more game.

Hey, if we win out, there's an opportunity to get the 1 seed still. Just need TN to lose one more game.

I don't think Tennessee will lose another game other than maybe against NE. The last month they've defeated KC, Indy, NO, Buffalo, and LA. If they were going to lose another game, it would have been during this stretch. The only game left that I see that Tennessee may lose other than NE is vs SF.

I don't think Tennessee will lose another game other than maybe against NE. The last month they've defeated KC, Indy, NO, Buffalo, and LA. If they were going to lose another game, it would have been during this stretch. The only game left that I see that Tennessee may lose other than NE is vs SF.
They've got the Steelers too and hey, I heard the Jaguars beat some good teams.

i was hoping they had someone decent the week after the Patriots, because the way this team is playing, especially both front units, and with those big, bruiser backs.......this is the type of team you lose the week after you play them just because you're so beat up

i don't see tenn losing to jacksonville the week after, though

Yeah, after putting on a clinic on Sunday, McDaniels laid an egg last night.

Major caveat to that assessment is the Thursday night factor, against a D coordinator who knows our coaching staff well.
Can’t blame McD for the good DC work against him. This was exactly what BB was talking about when he discussed the challenges of preparing for Thursday night games on such a short week.

The funny thing is I don't think a decent portion of the Buffalo fans and media think the Pats are a real threat. I was listening one of those overnight shows on WEEI or 98.5 the other night and they had a Buffalo beat guys on and they asked him about how people in Buffalo feel about the Pats knocking on the Bills' door for competition for the division and his response was people in Buffalo don't focus on teams behind them in the standings and only focus on their real competition who are ahead of them in the standings. He basically went on to say that the Bills have the division locked and they are just focusing on getting things fixed to do damage in the playoffs. I know this is one guy, but from my limited anecdotal evidence this arrogance is common with Bills fans.
opportunity to crush their psyche by sweeping the series with two crushing blowouts. Let’s do it! They are deluded if they think they own the AFCE now!

Shoutout to McCourty here as well. Not only for this game (where he made a few big plays), but just his consistency, and the fact that he plays 99% of the snaps every game for the last like ten years. He is the prime example of dependability.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back