PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Chargers

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Wasn't pretty but we won. This is the type of game we were loosing at the start of the year. Mac wasn't perfect but he didn't cost us the game. He delivered when we needed him too. Also shows us we cannot just expect him to be Brady and throw us into winning games like we tried in the first half. Run the ball, use play action and then let Mac get in empty and start spreading it around then. Thought Josh McDaniels called a better game in the second half as well. However the Redzone at the 4 yard line was terrible. Just line up in 22 and pound that rock.

A win is a win, and against a very good chargers team as well. LFG

Many hickups still the team continues to improve.

Thats as positive as it gets w legit “road“ win.
Belichick simply needs to instruct them to hold their breath, and take small sips of water

Onto Carolina! RIP Gregg Allman

Totally outplayed them, but without that pick six.....

this one reminded me of the game at the NYJ in 01....with a game winning / sealing pick from t Buckley

What a huge win! Our defense kinda stole that one, with all the points we left on the board early on and the offense's inability to finish off drives really had me worried there but that pick 6 kinda felt like a changing of our fortunes. An incredible performance defensively, kudos to the Belichick's and the whole staff.

Offensively, still ALOT to clean up. Another fumble. Still showed the ability to drive the ball and potential to do more.

Special teams rightfully outplayed the Chargers - not sure we win without some of those returns and obviously Folk nailing all his field goals.

Onto Carolina, win that one and we are 5-4 with steam heading into the 2nd half!

The pats resume:

4-4
+42 point differential
good win vs. Chargers
competitive losses vs. Bucs, Cowboys
OL ruined Saints game

This is a good team. The metrics & eye test bear it out. It’s unfortunate they aren’t 5-3 but the goal is to get to 10 wins. Defense played a heck of a game & nice drive by the offense to close it out.

3-0 on the road. Travel on. Next stop Carolina.
Quick note on that, Darnold was knocked out end of the game and evaluated for a concussion, something to watch during the week.

Great win! I'll never understand why a team who is losing gets rewarded for a penalty by stopping the clock. That sack should kept the clock running (in principle, I know the rules state otherwise) but hey, all's well that ends well.

Great running drive to get up by 10 at the end when they needed it. Big turnovers on defense. A few questionable offensive calls but that's for another day. Thrilled with the road win against a good team!

For people laughing at me a couple weeks ago for saying the playoffs were still realistic... Pats are now the #8 seed (1 spot out of the playoffs), and the two teams ahead of them (only by a half a game each) are the Steelers and the Chargers, and they own the tiebreaker over the Chargers obviously now with the head-to-head... They're only 1 game behind the #5 seed (the Bengals) thanks to the Jets win today. They're also only 1.5 games behind Buffalo for the division still.

Great win, the best of this season so far. A quality opponent on the road ! This win could be the start of a push towards the playoffs, but if it is not meant to be I am still enjoying this season immensely.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back