PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread - Pats beat the Bengals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baby steps.

Execution on offense was better than in previous games but the OL is still not quite where it needs to be. I am amazed how difficult it is for Brady and Sanu to connect on those crossers. It is either Brady missing on him, Sanu being interfered or dropping the ball.

It should be one of the easiest play (relatively speaking) and yet there is always a ****up in terms of execution. Gotta get that worked out because that is your "bail you out of jail" card right there.

The defense started pretty sloppy in terms of tackling but found their intensity when they stopped the Bengals on that fourth down.

ST with another damn good performance.

All in all a good win and some things to feel optimistic about. Stay on that path and be even better next week.

Hopefully Mason will be good to go and JJones's injury doesn't keep him out of the playoffs.

To win the division, BTW, the Bills must finish with a better record. If they tie, the Pats are guaranteed to win on head-to-head or common opponents.

Then it's a foregone conclusion that the Pats win the division. This team isn't losing to Miami at home. The 2 seed is a bigger priority right now.

Very patriots like win. They won in the same way they've been winning all year. Force turnovers and give the offense short fields. I was hoping to see the patriots offense in sync today. I would have felt alot better about the win.

This is how the patriots win though. They need to force turnovers and give the offense short fields. This is who they are this year. This offense is not going out there and winning you a game.

Nonetheless, win these last 2 games, get the bye, and anything can happen.

Can this team beat the Bills is the question.
And the following week it will be , can they beat any other QB except josh allen . Questions wont end or be answered until the playoffs.

Great post… Especially on Michel… If you give him a little bit of room he will Tear it up… Just like every other running back… We have a horrible offensive line… Today they were able to open a few holes… Great job Sony

Michel went 19-for-87, 4.7 ypc...getting really sick of the constant dumping on the guy when he's being met in the backfield almost every time he touches the ball.

Brady had a terrible game - his elbow? Lot of bad throws from him.

But...they finally started using Harry. They should have put Meyers out there, too, instead of Edelman, who looks really beat up.

Worried about JJ and even more about Mason. Did his ankle finally go out?

They've got two weeks to fix a lot of things, but some positives to take away from today.

Take care of business next week, please.

Great win. Offense showed promised especially Nkeal Harry, but I cant fully judge this team until after they play the Bills. Sony seriously looks like he could be good in the passing game and i have no idea why mcdaniels isnt drawing up plays for him. I know he had that drop but that was more on Brady with how low it was

Saving it for the playoffs?

Pats road to the SB:

Eek out 13-3 & the 2 seed. Continue to incorporate Harry who made strides this game.

Hope the bye week helps Brady, Edelman & Sanu with various injuries. Brady's play the last 5 weeks of 2017 & the playoffs were vastly different. Potential bye week rest is important.

Win the home game & go from there

I missed it was there a post game handshake between coaches

Michel went 19-for-87, 4.7 ypc...getting really sick of the constant dumping on the guy when he's being met in the backfield almost every time he touches the ball.

Sony today: over 100 yards from scrimmage, some good moves to break tackles, and some targets in the passing game, too. A good game. If Brady had thrown that ball better, maybe people would feel differently about Michel this game? Sure, he's disappointed this season, but this game was quite solid. I'd take this type of effort all season in a heartbeat.

Stabilize the OL and integrate Harry, and we might have a functioning offense in the playoffs. Might. Maybe. We'll see.

According to the GDT, Sony Michel is really good because he got 89 yards against a god awful run defense. Good grief.

Anyhow it was an okay win. Hard to call it a good one when it’s a horrendous team with one win. The Bengals took a steaming dump on us in the run game so that’s a bad sign that that issue is not improving.

Again the receivers are mostly trash. There is some stuff to be encouraged by from Harry. But the fact that he has leapt Dorsett and Meyers, and soon Sanu in Brady’s level of trust is a poor reflection on the receivers. So good for Harry hopefully he keeps progressing.

Good to win. But Dalton also handed us the game on a silver platter.

So there was no way for them to please you today. Bully for you.

I'm checking Craigslist list for an offensive line. I'll be back shortly.

I missed it was there a post game handshake between coaches
Yeah lightning quick....embarrassing from Taylor who should show respect to the goat coach!!!

Jackson and Gilmore with 2 picks a piece. This tandem is legendary.

Workmanlike game, offense seemed to have improved. Secondary was great, run defense was bad. Wins a win baby!

Nothing today really changes anything. Poor OL play. Drops by receivers. Atrocious TE play. QB wasn't good..again. Pats shouldn't be more than a 3 point favorite over Buffalo.

Baby steps.

Execution on offense was better than in previous games but the OL is still not quite where it needs to be. I am amazed how difficult it is for Brady and Sanu to connect on those crossers. It is either Brady missing on him, Sanu being interfered or dropping the ball.

It should be one of the easiest play (relatively speaking) and yet there is always a ****up in terms of execution. Gotta get that worked out because that is your "bail you out of jail" card right there.

The defense started pretty sloppy in terms of tackling but found their intensity when they stopped the Bengals on that fourth down.

ST with another damn good performance.

All in all a good win and some things to feel optimistic about. Stay on that path and be even better next week.

Hopefully Mason will be good to go and JJones's injury doesn't keep him out of the playoffs.
too many basic mistakes or lapses in concentration. White drops an easy pass on 2nd down in the 2nd drive. He catches it , the drive keeps going. Stuff like this keep adding up.

According to the GDT, Sony Michel is really good because he got 89 yards against a god awful run defense. Good grief.

Anyhow it was an okay win. Hard to call it a good one when it’s a horrendous team with one win. The Bengals took a steaming dump on us in the run game so that’s a bad sign that that issue is not improving.

Again the receivers are mostly trash. There is some stuff to be encouraged by from Harry. But the fact that he has leapt Dorsett and Meyers, and soon Sanu in Brady’s level of trust is a poor reflection on the receivers. So good for Harry hopefully he keeps progressing.

Good to win. But Dalton also handed us the game on a silver platter.

2 for 13 for sanu. 2 for 15 for harry. I hope edelman’s injury is not serious. The guy has been a trooper.

Jackson and Gilmore with 2 picks a piece. This tandem is legendary.

Workmanlike game, offense seemed to have improved. Secondary was great, run defense was bad. Wins a win baby!

A guy like say....Michael Bennett would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes