PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread - Pats beat Jete

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this "season" is a joke...a sham...existing only to perpetuate Goodell's star chamber pantheon of "new groundbreaking players!!!". There's a few teams playing sound defense, the rest are deplorable. I think BB HATES having to field a team in such conditions. I think when a HC goes into a game on the road without ANY experienced LB's or D linemen, he's saying here "take the cookie, it's free". Flacco dumped this game at the end. That came from up top. When push came to shove I think Bill figured "hmmm..beat the Jets on a FG from a kicker they let go after we practically gift wrapped the game for them" **** it...I hate the Jets". I feel the same way. Screw those scumbags forever....we're going to get a whole bunch of players back the next few weeks, we just picked up a serviceable TE. We took Buffalo down to the wire in Buffalo and lost on a bad break. This team COULD rebound. It's only half way through. Injuries this year have been staggering in frequency, who's to say that bug doesn't bite Buffalo or Miami? Maybe 7-9 gets in the playoffs...after tonight I expect better going forward.

Meanwhile he's turning Jakobie Myers into an MVP candidate.
Don't mistake Myers being the only reliable target on a bad team with zero wide receiver depth with one player making the other.

I don't know about this competitive talk. This is the NFL. You're supposed to be competitive.

On the other hand, I always think of the 2-14 1982 Ron Erhardt Patriots. They were competitive in every game, lost one game by 28, another by 14, but every other game was 10 points or less, and 9 games were lost by an average of 3 points. It was a pretty talented team, those players were the heart of the 85 Super Bowl team, so you never know.

By the way, they landed the #1 pick in the draft, and chose Ken Sims.

2000 patriots is another team that comes to mind. Only 2 losses by more than 8 points that year. Then came 2001...

I think this "season" is a joke...a sham...existing only to perpetuate Goodell's star chamber pantheon of "new groundbreaking players!!!". There's a few teams playing sound defense, the rest are deplorable. I think BB HATES having to field a team in such conditions. I think when a HC goes into a game on the road without ANY experienced LB's or D linemen, he's saying here "take the cookie, it's free". Flacco dumped this game at the end. That came from up top. When push came to shove I think Bill figured "hmmm..beat the Jets on a FG from a kicker they let go after we practically gift wrapped the game for them" **** it...I hate the Jets". I feel the same way. Screw those scumbags forever....we're going to get a whole bunch of players back the next few weeks, we just picked up a serviceable TE. We took Buffalo down to the wire in Buffalo and lost on a bad break. This team COULD rebound. It's only half way through. Injuries this year have been staggering in frequency, who's to say that bug doesn't bite Buffalo or Miami? Maybe 7-9 gets in the playoffs...after tonight I expect better going forward.

Agree with some of this but I don't for a second believe the Jete threw this game at the end. They've shown improvement lately and tried hard to win this one going up by 10, they just suck. Remember that Flacco had success throwing deep earlier and if he hits that last bomb it's game over. That wasn't a bad call, ended up like a punt.

NEVER underestimate the positive impact of winning or the negativity of losing. The Pats were jumping up and down mobbing Folk on that winning kick and the Jete slinked off hanging their heads. RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW is all that really matters.

Not the series I was referring to. I am talking about the last possession. Watch it on NFLN or Sportscenter. He looks behind himself on the 3rd down passing play for the D lineman. Looked fishy to me, especially after he was throwing at will all game and only needed a few yards on that down to keep moving the ball down for a game winning FG

It's amazing that a lot of the Boston media get paid to act like this:

No wonder most of the fan base are the way they are....

That tweet reminds me of some posts here. That idiot must lurk or is a poster himself on these forums.

Keep the reins on Cam. Fumble last week aside- it’s working. This Cam beats the Broncos and competes with the 49ers.
Too bad this Cam wasn’t there against the Broncos and the 49ers. And it’s the Jets every one looks good against the Jets.

Cam has one good game against one of the worst teams in history and people are back on Team CAM. lmao
Never got off Team CAM, won't necessarily be a winning team every week, but it's fun to watch. He is way more competitive than I had thought when I watched him from afar, easy guy to root for.

I am not in the overreaction Tuesday like everyone else. The fact that we were down by ten in the 4th and needed a last minute FG to beat the worst team in football who wants no business in winning game is not pretty optimistic for me.

you realize the Jets pretty much lost on purpose.

Too bad this Cam wasn’t there against the Broncos and the 49ers. And it’s the Jets every one looks good against the Jets.
I realize that and I know he’s not the solution long term but it’s obvious he has the reins put on him and is no longer stinking up the joint. Played well.

Last week too even with the fumble. I’m not cringing right now seeing him throw and that’s a good thing. Hopefully this continues. I like this cam much better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference