PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Dolphins beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That missed DPI was big. What bothered me the most was how obvious it was. NSFW audio so mute if you don't want an F-bomb coming out of your speakers.

The thing that gets me is that gets automatically reviewed by the booth and they still didn't call it.

The thing that gets me is that gets automatically reviewed by the booth and they still didn't call it.

I don’t think they can add the penalty from the review. Only if it wasn’t actually a catch or something could it get overturned.

I don’t think they can add the penalty from the review. Only if it wasn’t actually a catch or something could it get overturned.

I thought they can review anything that could be challenged on any other play because it is against the rules for either team to challenge a play that results in a turnover.

I thought they can review anything that could be challenged on any other play because it is against the rules for either team to challenge a play that results in a turnover.

You can, but I believe they cannot review penalties/non penalties . Only the part of whether the initial result of the play is correct

I think that they tried making PI open to challenge/review but reversed that after it became such a mess. Talking about bad reffing, the Agholor turnover looked to me quite clearly to be a helmet-to-helmet hit by the DB.

You can, but I believe they cannot review penalties/non penalties . Only the part of whether the initial result of the play is correct

But that wouldn't anything that could be challenged in any other play. PI and non-PI can be challenged on any play.

But that wouldn't anything that could be challenged in any other play. PI and non-PI can be challenged on any play.

They can? I thought that was just in 2019, I haven’t seen pi challenged since then. If it could this would’ve been an easy overturn

I think that they tried making PI open to challenge/review but reversed that after it became such a mess. Talking about bad reffing, the Agholor turnover looked to me quite clearly to be a helmet-to-helmet hit by the DB.

You are right. I guess I never followed that rule change. I guess it was an one year experiment.

They can? I thought that was just in 2019, I haven’t seen pi challenged since then. If it could this would’ve been an easy overturn

Yeah, for some reason I forgot they repealed that law.

Yeah after the saint/rams debacle in the 18 nfcc they tried it for the 19 season but i think that was it

I see this playing out with Bourne getting traded.
I hate it but I see it going that way.

I’m sure
If that's the case they are going to regret not double dipping that Strange pick hurts when you think who we could have added instead . But BB the GM also shops for the groceries. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's a long season. Cleanup the turnovers at a minimum and that game would've gone down to the wire. Offense needs to sort out an identity over the next few weeks.

I watched Trubisky fail to make an accurate throw like that multiple times in the Steelers game, if they were a dime a dozen, you would think the steelers would have picked someone else.

Then maybe your boy Mac can beat Trubisky.

Because Mac cant beat Tua who stinks.

Mac Jones is really good at selling the play action and it also covers for weaknesses in the o-line. I am surprised they don't use it more. But that was a criticism I had of McDaniels last year too.

Mac Jones is really good at selling the play action and it also covers for weaknesses in the o-line. I am surprised they don't use it more. But that was a criticism I had of McDaniels last year too.
Boy I can't wait to see the real Mac Jones this preseason version looks like a meh QB.

This has Belichick written allover it. We've seen him holding a grudge over a player before and how it can negatively impact the team. Two snaps? Inexcusable. Bourne may be their best receiver but he's at least in their top three. Meyers is decent but he's limited and not a game-changer. Parker hasn't had time to establish a good rapport with Jones yet. Jones had a 125 passer rating last season when targeting Bourne. Yet he's in uniform and standing on the sideline... that sounds familiar. Bourne should be leading the WRs in snap percentage... never mind last.

The offense stunk in this game... 271 yards and 7 points. The pick was a dumb play call from Matt Patricia. Had a nice opening drive going there, hadn't even faced a third down, and you're calling for a 50/50 ball downfield to Parker? Asinine. Offense fell apart after that. They only had one other drive of any significance, that of course being the one scoring drive. The o-line was mostly bad. The first rounder Strange already getting benched. Maybe the o-line coach get sort this out?... oh wait, that's Matt Patricia too.

The worst part of this loss is it came against Tua Tagovailoa (now 4-0 against Belichick). He's just a very limited quarterback. Had a handful of really head scratching plays. Somehow he finished with a 104.4 passer rating. I'll say this, Tua at least looks to have a competent OC, a competent play-caller, and they're surrounded him with an excellent supporting cast. May not be enough for a playoff spot but they're no soft team.

Oh, and they got beat by a head coach, and play-caller, in his first game. So much for that supported advantage.
I agree with everything you said. They seemed to have little rhythm going on that first drive and then they decide to lob one up to Parker against one of the best corners in the league, and surprise, it didn't go well. Strange getting benched is also a bad sign for a guy who was penciled in as the starter from the minute he got drafted and the rest of the line didn't look great either. Brown didn't look great and apparently refused to speak after the game which might be a blessing in disguise since he is allegedly pissed off about playing LT while being paid as a RT and might have said something dumb.

If the Dolphins had a better QB the game would have been a full blown rout. We aren't a team that is built to play from behind and with this play calling and offensive cast we better hope the defense plays well this year.

This has Belichick written allover it. We've seen him holding a grudge over a player before and how it can negatively impact the team. Two snaps? Inexcusable. Bourne may be their best receiver but he's at least in their top three. Meyers is decent but he's limited and not a game-changer. Parker hasn't had time to establish a good rapport with Jones yet. Jones had a 125 passer rating last season when targeting Bourne. Yet he's in uniform and standing on the sideline... that sounds familiar. Bourne should be leading the WRs in snap percentage... never mind last.

The offense stunk in this game... 271 yards and 7 points. The pick was a dumb play call from Matt Patricia. Had a nice opening drive going there, hadn't even faced a third down, and you're calling for a 50/50 ball downfield to Parker? Asinine. Offense fell apart after that. They only had one other drive of any significance, that of course being the one scoring drive. The o-line was mostly bad. The first rounder Strange already getting benched. Maybe the o-line coach get sort this out?... oh wait, that's Matt Patricia too.

The worst part of this loss is it came against Tua Tagovailoa (now 4-0 against Belichick). He's just a very limited quarterback. Had a handful of really head scratching plays. Somehow he finished with a 104.4 passer rating. I'll say this, Tua at least looks to have a competent OC, a competent play-caller, and they're surrounded him with an excellent supporting cast. May not be enough for a playoff spot but they're no soft team.

Oh, and they got beat by a head coach, and play-caller, in his first game. So much for that supported advantage.
This Patriots team can not afford BB holding grudges against one of their quality players for petty infractions. They do not have the talent to do this and get away with it. Bourne came here as a free agent and seems to be a decent guy last year and in early preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes