PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Chiefs beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should all agree to burn that GDT.

God what a torturous game. Went into it expecting a loss then the D played really well and kept them in it but Hoyer made rookie level mistakes multiple times at critical moments. Stidham comes on and looks OK, but has to play a little bit hard because he has to "lead the comeback" and Edelman totally blows it, drops two. So frustrating. I am actually somewhat encouraged by Stidham. ****ing cut Hoyer though, I'm done. Not really because of COVID but still...

With Cam this may have been a blowout the other way. Encouraging overall but god I feel like I got kicked in the sack.

He wasn't terrible. Terrible is a 3/10 or lower. Hoyer was a 1. Stid was like a 4.5. he was mediocre
Stidham should have thrown 3 INTs. He got bailed out by a suspect call against Matthieu. As it stands, he threw 2 INTs in less than a half’s work. That’s terrible.

Hoyer’s lack of situational awareness was unforgivable. How can we trust him again?
That was Tavon Wilson error-repeater bad. Twice in three series. That was playoffs Hoyer that was out there. Felt like I was back in 1992 again looking at the QB....

Stid needs experience. Looked jumpy at times. If he starts the game with a conservative plan they might have a better chance. Instead they trusted Hoyer not to blow it, and when he did, Stidham got thrown into a **** situation in an uphill battle with his first meaningful snaps of his career. And he still outscored Hoyer lol

Stidham isn't ready either.

I see what Dante Scar meant by Stidhams growing pains.

Stid looked like any 3rd string QB would look who was inactive this season until Saturday.

The pats didn't lose to the chiefs, they lost to covid19.

Unfortunately for us, and the standings, there isnt a covid column.

Stidham should have thrown 3 INTs. He got bailed out by a suspect call against Matthieu. As it stands, he threw 2 INTs in less than a half’s work. That’s terrible.
What’s Ryan Mallet up to these days?.....

d was very impressive. The guys up front held up the run and the DBs made key stops.

On offense, lotsa two back sets & I liked it. Really, other than QB, the O exceeded my expectations. The OL is very solid.

EXTEND Cam!

This is why we NEED a quarterback. People keep saying Bill won't pay a quarterback, but his mindset will eventually cripple our offense (like we saw today... luckily Cam fell into our lap).

This game needs to be a reality check for people. We need to extend Cam.

I will give you that the throw to Harry regardless of the result wasn't great but if Harry isn't impeded he probably at least contests the interception. The Edelman one was nowhere near his fault. The Byrd one was the only one I really pin on him and that was more bad mechanics than anything

I feel much better about the defense than I did in the Seattle game. They’ll be fine.

Hoyer cannot start next week. Just can’t. Give Stidham first team reps and some confidence. He made a great throw to Harry and made a not so good throw to Byrd (I think). Should have led him way more but he was also put in a horrible position. Stidham should have started the 2nd half.

well tommy had some horrible games his first year as a starter. Stid's stat line doesn't look great but he did some good things out there. Definitely enough to unseat Hoyer as the 2nd string qb.

He's improved in certain ways. Still would like to see a better release.

They both looked pretty bad, but at least in Stidham's case he was facing double digit deficits each time he touched the ball, and the one pick was more Jules' fault. Id rather roll with Stid in the next game based on the fact that we know Hoyer is useless on an even playing field, Stid should get a shot as well at 0-0.

Anyways, this was a preview of the team without Cam. It would have been 2016-2018 Broncos. Great defense getting demoralized by crap QB play that can’t score and ruins opportunities.

Hoyer should be cut. Sign some journeyman because they can’t trust Stidham either. Pray Cam can make it the season and if they can’t sign him long term should consider some draft trading to get a QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back