PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bucs beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me think we might be able to make a playoff run as we get Brown and Gilmore back and Mac gains confidence. I would love to face Brady again...in the super bowl. ;)

No the oline has to be fixed. Trent Brown is a LT not a RT.

or if Folk makes his kick...you can argue either way.
There was over a minute left and they had 2 timeouts! WTF are some of you homers on? You think because of last night this team would win a rematch in the SB? Are you insane? They were completely depleted and we lost at home in the rain. We had the ball last and a PI got us to midfield and still couldn't get the FG. Then we didn't even go for it on 4 & 3 and tried a kick that was out of our guy's range even though if we make it we'd almost certainly still lose. What are some of you on?

So a guy says it was a blueprint, I say I disagree and you start ****ting on it and then proceed to say it's also not a blueprint. God you are insufferable. The pats played well and it was well executed AS I ALREADY SAID, but it's not a blueprint. You don't like the rain or Brady's emotions being a factor? I don't know what to tell you but they were 100%.

I don't have a problem with saying it isn't the blueprint, but I do think blaming the rain is just excuse making.

Anybody thinks we swap rosters with tb and don’t do better with Bill and Josh coaching you’re crazy.

loaded.

(mahommes had no line and their division was sucky last year - sea, dal were weak. Gb la were only real threats in the conf)

loaded team. Two goats.
Forget swapping rosters. Just put Brady on our team against the Bucs with Brady and we win 30-19. Brady would have tore apart that depleted Tampa secondary.

I don't have a problem with saying it isn't the blueprint, but I do think blaming the rain is just excuse making.
No excuse they were factors that's all.

The thing that is driving me nuts is for the most part Mac has played pretty well but we just can't score points.
He does not know how to finish yet. He is not a good situational player right now. He will learn that in time. He is just trying to make the play in front of him each time. He does not have the pulse yet on how to raise his game in the biggest moments yet.

It was the case the first 3 games also. I didn’t really see a different offense tonight. They were more efficient in the RZ but otherwise it is the same kind of performance than against Miami for example. Still an offense that lives on the short quick throws. The only big play tonight we’re due to trickery
I think Meyers had the longest pass completion in the game, from both sides.

No excuse they were factors that's all.

I don't think it was that big of a factor. I didn't see a lot of sloppy play and drops on both side of the ball. If the rain was a factor, we would see a lot of problems with catching and holding the ball on both sides. Even the fumbles on both sides did not look rain related and more just good hits on the ball by the defender.

Forget swapping rosters. Just put Brady on our team against the Bucs with Brady and we win 30-19. Brady would have tore apart that depleted Tampa secondary.

So now we lost the game because of Mac Jones? Some of you Bradyites need to go back to your own forum...

Well I’m no John Madden but yards usually translate into being in a position to score points which is what wins you games in the sport of football.
Of course. It's just there's a lot more that goes into it.

I don't think it was that big of a factor. I didn't see a lot of sloppy play and drops on both side of the ball. If the rain was a factor, we would see a lot of problems with catching and holding the ball on both sides. Even the fumbles on both sides did not look rain related and more just good hits on the ball by the defender.
Again you are stretching things to try and win an argument. A guy said it was a blueprint. I say I disagreed and that Brady's emotions and the rain played a factor. You are trying to say I'm making excuses but I'm not. How much of a factor the rain made is debatable but there were severable drops. In the first half Brady looked emotional and threw several balls long. Do you not think this was a factor? I'm not making excuses and the D played well, but I disagree on a blueprint. That's all. If you think the rain didn't favor us I disagree.

you have to be much happier this morning as a Pats fan than a Bucs fan…
Absolutely, the Mass. Gov. is declaring Oct. 3 a State holiday when the NE Patriots "almost beat" the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Typical ******ed post from resident troll. When did Patriots fans become Jete fans celebrating "moral" victories.

Again you are stretching things to try and win an argument. A guy said it was a blueprint. I say I disagreed and that Brady's emotions and the rain played a factor. You are trying to say I'm making excuses but I'm not. How much of a factor the rain made is debatable but there were severable drops. In the first half Brady looked emotional and threw several balls long. Do you not think this was a factor? I'm not making excuses and the D played well, but I disagree on a blueprint. That's all. If you think the rain didn't favor us I disagree.
I thought Tampa's game plan in the first half was awful. They should have ran Fournette/Rojo to start the game. Chucking the ball in that weather down Gronk and GIo was not smart IMO.

It makes me think we might be able to make a playoff run as we get Brown and Gilmore back and Mac gains confidence. I would love to face Brady again...in the super bowl. ;)
I dunno about that, but sniffing a wild card spot? Not out of the question. If the Pats can build on last night, get Gilmore and Brown back, keep Brown healthy, and get the OL functioning properly, they can win 9 or 10 more games and hopefully that's sufficient.

Personally, the blueprint thing is overrated. Everyone knows how you beat Brady and the Bucs' offense. It is executing that game plan that is the issue.

I just don't know how if the rain or emotions played that much of a factor. I said before the game that Brady would come into the game too hot because he almost always comes into big games too hot and has to settle into the game. Hence why in 10 Super Bowls, he has scored one TD in the first quarter and that was in the final minute last year. But that doesn't play a factor for the entire game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes