PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Just to put things in perspective. Josh Allen had 10tds to 12 interceptions his rookie year and 52% completion percentage. Now look where he is.

Just think people are being very reactionary on the kid over 2 so so games. For a rookie he has really good vision down the field. Pocket presence and a nice touch.

But he's still a rookie learning on the job.
But Mac has nothing to do with what Allen does, so not sure why thats a comparison? I have seen QB's have great rookie years and then turn into crap and be out of the NFL in a couple years. What another player does on another team in a different year has no bearing on what Mac will be or not be. I just think people need to temper the idea that he will be Brady or a hall of fame QB because he didnt completely suck his rookie year and trust me, that was out there.

Thanks for the reminder… Today’s game should be the Final nail in Kneal’s koffin here…****ing less-than-useless pile of ****ing rancid Garbage…. And Bill/Skippy have the ****ING AUDACITY to call his number (#1 - what a ****ing Joke) IMMEDIATELY after he ****ing drops a crucial, CRUCIAL pass that would’ve been a first ****ing down… That ****ing disgraceful ****ing scumbag SHOULDN’T HAVE EVEN BEEN ****ING NEAR THE ****ING PLAYING FIELD FOR THE ****ING REST OF THE ****ING GAME!!! AND MAC HAS TO THROW IT TO HIM AGAIN?!? AND THE ****ING PASS GETS ****ING INTERCEPTED!!! WHAT A ****ING SHOCK!

He is so ****ing Dead to me.

Harry was not the major problem. Myles Bryant was and the coaching staff didn't dress anyone else to replace him (like Butler replaced Arrington). That was the major issue. No idea why so many on PatsFans like to blame a bad draft pick which was a minor issue in the game. Concentrate on the major issues if the Pats hope to bounce back.

LOTS OF CAPS DO NOT TURN A MINOR ISSUE INTO A MAJOR ISSUE. CONCENTRATE ON FIXING THE MAJORS TO WIN GOING FORWARD.

It was a classless move by Judon. Just because he wears our laundry doesnt make him perfect. I don't think this defines him though and imo he isnt a dirty player.
It's not as if Judon was taking nut shots at the Indy QB the week before...
martial arts nut punch GIF

Hmmmmm idk GIF by Lil Dicky

Why do people think this team has struggled so bad at home? Is it the pressure of the home crowd? It is so strange to see the team perform so poorly at home.
I don't know but I went to two home games (Bills and Dolphins) and both times we needed the defense to make crucial stops and both times the crowd was rocking at full volume just to see some JAG wide open in the flat to turn it into a first down. It is so mind numbingly frustrating. We almost got away with it against Miami. But not Buffalo.

Allens only issue is consistency, if he gets more of that, he will be a top QB in the league for a long time.

Yep...agree...though Buffalo's offense doesn't help too much with the consistency factor. They don't really establish much of a running game, and their skill players aren't up to par with other elite offenses.

I like the way Allen runs, though. He runs when he sees a gap and knows he's going to get a lot of yardage. Chunk plays. He doesn't run, like other "mobile QBs" because he's indecisive or because he can't make a tough throw and bails on the pocket instead. They wind up averaging like 5 yards per run over a season, trying to eke out little gains. That just doesn't work long-term as it waters down the offensive efficiency.

Mac is putting up stats no other rookies have except for Dak Prescott and roethlisberger in terms of completion percentages etc.
Mac is down to 67.2%.

Herbert was 66.6 last year%

Mac is still having a very good rookie year but with these last 2 games the league has figured out how to defend him a little better than earlier in the year.

It's not as if Judon was taking nut shots at the Indy QB the week before...
martial arts nut punch GIF
Great players are aggressive...sometimes this looks dirty. I do not think players for the most part try to be dirty they just play at a different speed than others and are always going.

Ok this complaining about the refs is really starting to bother me. It’s selective memory at its worse. The drive at the end of the half where the refs picked up that unnecessary roughness on Mac? Well that drive was only even still happening because the Bills committed a roughing the passer on a Mac incompletion on 3 and 10. It was a valid call, but it was pure luck that the Bills were so stupid as to do that because the Pats were about to punt. Caught a break then got screwed. Evens out.

And then far worse is complaining about the Andrews taunting penalty that offset another unnecessary roughness. People, the Pats scored the TD to get within 5 literally 45 SECONDS later. You really gonna lose sleep over that one? How did it matter one bit?

Mac is down to 67.2%.

Herbert was 66.6 last year%

Mac is still having a very good rookie year but with these last 2 games the league has figured out how to defend him a little better than earlier in the year.
and there is more than just completion pct on what a QB does that year. Herberts rookie year...4300 yards passing 30 td's 10 ints. Mac is not going to quite hit that.

Ok this complaining about the refs is really starting to bother me. It’s selective memory at its worse. The drive at the end of the half where the refs picked up that unnecessary roughness on Mac? Well that drive was only even still happening because the Bills committed a roughing the passer on a Mac incompletion on 3 and 10. It was a valid call, but it was pure luck that the Bills were so stupid as to do that because the Pats were about to punt. Caught a break then got screwed. Evens out.

And then far worse is complaining about the Andrews taunting penalty that offset another unnecessary roughness. People, the Pats scored the TD to get within 5 literally 45 SECONDS later. You really gonna lose sleep over that one? How did it matter one bit?
I have to be honest, if they kept that flag, that would have been a very week roughing call. He touched Mac's back and then tried to keep him from falling. People were acting like he suplexed him into folder tables.

I don't know but I went to two home games (Bills and Dolphins) and both times we needed the defense to make crucial stops and both times the crowd was rocking at full volume just to see some JAG wide open in the flat to turn it into a first down. It is so mind numbingly frustrating. We almost got away with it against Miami. But not Buffalo.
Playing better teams at home is my guess.

Mac is putting up stats no other rookies have except for Dak Prescott and roethlisberger in terms of completion percentages etc.

Glad completion percentage is somehow more important than yards, yards per attempt, TDs and Interceptions now. That makes sense. Did you know Cam completed nearly 66% of his passes last year?

Glad completion percentage is somehow more important than yards, yards per attempt, TDs and Interceptions now. That makes sense. Did you know Cam completed nearly 66% of his passes last year?
Yeah I know, he was 1 percent higher completion pct than herbert his rookie year but herbert had 30 td's 10 ints and 4300 yards passing. lol Completion pct is not exactly the end all and depends a lot on the kinds of throws you are making or the chances you are taking.

But Mac has nothing to do with what Allen does, so not sure why thats a comparison? I have seen QB's have great rookie years and then turn into crap and be out of the NFL in a couple years. What another player does on another team in a different year has no bearing on what Mac will be or not be. I just think people need to temper the idea that he will be Brady or a hall of fame QB because he didnt completely suck his rookie year and trust me, that was out there.

Not a single person has said he will be Brady or a HOF quarterback. Just that he's ahead of schedule.

Great players are aggressive...sometimes this looks dirty. I do not think players for the most part try to be dirty they just play at a different speed than others and are always going.
"Just playin at a different speed, guys"

1640634337798.png

and there is more than just completion pct on what a QB does that year. Herberts rookie year...4300 yards passing 30 td's 10 ints. Mac is not going to quite hit that.
Not even close. Mac won't throw it as much either.

Herbert is a playmaker. Same category as Allen.

Mac is not in the category- yet.

But Mac has nothing to do with what Allen does, so not sure why thats a comparison?
Not sure if you are being intentionally stupid. The comparison is with another rookie who was a first year bust and is now the next John Elway. Ergo, the first year may well be a train wreck. Means nothing. Mac hasn't been anywhere near a train wreck but some Pink Hats are gleefully writing him off. By your own logic, Justin Herbert is also irrelevant but you have mentioned him in another attempt to rubbish the Pats QB. As I said, what's your plan? Draft another QB? Improve mechanics? Sign Andy Dalton? What?

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back