PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- 49er's beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woof. What an awful game! From start to finish. I would have benched Cam after the first half. But looks like we are getting more Cam in Buffalo. I did go out and risk my life to watch the 2nd half at a sports bar. I am not sane. Hoping to see some heart and effort in the weeks to come. This team showed nothing today. Can the Harry fanboys finally admit he is a bust? Can that be the silver lining?

To assert that this loss is because of one thing is ridiculous. This was a total team fail. Cam was terrible, the play calling was terrible, the lack of receivers getting open was a huge factor in that first half. The linebacker play was wretched, the Dline was a sieve. So much blame to go around. Cam was bad. really bad. But he was not the only problem this game.
You are simply wrong here. It's OK.

Yes. Totally ignore the fact that the main reason the defense was bad was because they spent 18of the first 23 minutes on the field in the first half because CAM single handedly ended EVERY 1st half-drive himself. All with his POOR Decision making. It wasn't the O-line that caused that poor decision making. It wasn't the receivers that caused that Poor decision making. It sure as hell wasn't the RBs that caused that Poor decision making.

Blaming the receivers who were OPEN on Cam's inability to get them the ball is asinine. Sorry, but there were PLENTY of receivers open that Cam MISSED. Plain and Simple. You're continuous claims to the contrary don't change those facts. Came MISSED Byrd. Cam missed Edelman. Cam Missed White. Cam missed Harry. You sticking your fingers in your ears and saying otherwise doesn't make it fact. It didn't make it fact during the game when you made the BS statements. It didn't make it fact when you made the BS statements immediately after the game. Regurgitating your erroneous remarks 5 hours after the fact doesn't make them true now.

You are the only one being ridiculous. Because you absolutely refuse to belief what is fact. That Cam single-handedly screwed the Pats in this game because of HIS s**tty first half play that ended every drive. 3 Interceptions that were ALL his fault. Bad passes where he didn't properly lead his receivers and led them to get hit harder than they should.

Of the LBers, Bentley's play was the one that was wretched. Pretty sure he saw better than 75% of the defensive snaps. He was trying to do more than his job. But it was a blip compared to Cam.

Seriously. Anyone who doesn't look at this game and put the blame squarely on NEWTON and his s**t play is just making excuses because they don't want to believe reality.

Last edited:
It's not that we are bad, it's Belichick badly mishandled the QB position. Absolutely NO succession plan for Brady (or Gronk for that matter). This is just mismanagement at the highest level.

You said the same BS before. You were wrong then and you're wrong now.

@203Pat and @DropKickFlutie - If you two really think that I have two accounts put on your Batman underoos and report me to @Ian . Let's see what ACTUALLY happens.

Sick and tired of you two spewing your lies.

I say Cam has one more week. The division is not lost yet but it will be if we lose to the bills. If he looks like dog crap I think they’ll pull the plug.
From your mouth to the football God’s ears. There’s no indication that the Pats can score touchdowns against anyone, with Cam running the show.

I think today the music died.

Why on earth do you need to be so combative with other posters?

A pathological inability to not be an angry acerbic bridge troll. Very odd. It's too bad as I respect some of his football judgement, but hard to read laced with tirades and ad hominem, like every single post. Seems like a bitterly unhappy person.

Woof. What an awful game! From start to finish. I would have benched Cam after the first half. But looks like we are getting more Cam in Buffalo. I did go out and risk my life to watch the 2nd half at a sports bar. I am not sane. Hoping to see some heart and effort in the weeks to come. This team showed nothing today. Can the Harry fanboys finally admit he is a bust? Can that be the silver lining?

Maybe it's time to just go with 45 runs a game and play to Cam and Harris' strengths. Ride it till he can physically do it. The passing game is messed up, partly McD playcalls, sitting the wrong people, and partly Cam not fitting.

Maybe it's time to just go with 45 runs a game and play to Cam and Harris' strengths. Ride it till he can physically do it. The passing game is messed up, partly McD playcalls, sitting the wrong people, and partly Cam not fitting.

Actually like this idea too of running it to the ground. I mean why the hell not at this stage

A pathological inability to not be an angry acerbic bridge troll. Very odd. It's too bad as I respect some of his football judgement, but hard to read laced with tirades and ad hominem, like every single post. Seems like a bitterly unhappy person.

He doesn't allow anyone to criticize Belichick...he goes off the deep end if you do

If Buffalo beats us, which seems pretty likely at this point, that’ll be 4 losses in a row. Are we sellers at the deadline in that scenario?

as terrible as it sounds , I really think we need to make sure we win no more games this season. At least then we can be assured we get a top 5 pick. And someone other than Bill needs to make the calls on draft day !
I think the team itself won’t try to lose, but they may have no say in the matter. Look at the schedule, only if a team ****s the bed, the only team we can possibly beat the rest of the way, is the Jets (maybe). So I see 2 more wins, tops. Makes us a 4-12 team. At 4-12, they MUST draft the best QB available. Probably will draft a kicker or guard, but need to draft a franchise QB with a top 10 pick. It has to be a priority.

Then honestly, they need to concentrate on explosive OFFENSIVE weapons the rest of the way. If they don’t draft the QB and explosive offensive weapons, they will continue being a terrible offense. Good thing is, the Pats have a ton of cap space, and will get 7 players back who opted out, hopefully Covid won’t be a major issue next season. So between the draft and free agency, if they do the right thing, the rebuild can go fast. They could use help on the draft. Maybe sign Thomas Dimitroff to help with the draft. Assistant GM or something similar.

I think the team itself won’t try to lose, but they may have no say in the matter. Look at the schedule, only if a team ****s the bed, the only team we can possibly beat the rest of the way, is the Jets (maybe). So I see 2 more wins, tops. Makes us a 4-12 team. At 4-12, they MUST draft the best QB available. Probably will draft a kicker or guard, but need to draft a franchise QB with a top 10 pick. It has to be a priority.

Then honestly, they need to concentrate on explosive OFFENSIVE weapons the rest of the way. If they don’t draft the QB and explosive offensive weapons, they will continue being a terrible offense. Good thing is, the Pats have a ton of cap space, and will get 7 players back who opted out, hopefully Covid won’t be a major issue next season. So between the draft and free agency, if they do the right thing, the rebuild can go fast. They could use help on the draft. Maybe sign Thomas Dimitroff to help with the draft. Assistant GM or something similar.

Dimitroff knows receivers. Bring him and Pioli back as consultants. Kick McDaniels outside of the draft room.

If Buffalo beats us, which seems pretty likely at this point, that’ll be 4 losses in a row. Are we sellers at the deadline in that scenario?

It'll be an unofficial tank. Officially trying to win every game but kind of like when the NBA Warriors tanked a couple seasons unofficially in order to get Harrison Barnes and other players.

Put it this way.... if that happens beating the Jets will hurt us. Sell

How about BIAS? Or better yet. How about completely disingenuous. The fact is that you're attempting to compare times when BB was either COMPLETELY rebuilding a franchise (Cleveland) or the year there that the Owner screwed the team. Or the fact your comparing it to times when Brady wasn't even in HS..

People like yourself call it "facts" because you think it makes you sound smart. It doesn't. People who are actually smart, see through the BS and know that you don't know what you are talking about. They know you can't objectively compare the 3 years BB was rebuilding a franchise that had been complete S**T prior to taking over to BB continuing as the HC of a franchise that he'd built for continuous competition for 19 years. People like you point to the 11-5 season and say that BB can't make the play-offs without Brady, but you ignore that it came down to the league having changed the TieBreakers for the Pats to lose out on that season.

I know this has been off repeated so people have started to believe it but it simply isn't true. The Browns were "complete S**t" before Belichick got there. They were bad the year before he arrived yes but they in fact t had made the AFC championship game 3 out of the previous 4 years. BB arrived in 91, They made the AFC championship game in 86, 87, & 89 (Made the playoffs in 88 too)

Dream on! If we get a Top 10 pick Bill’s taking a long snapper...or a gunner

Bill wont cede any power...it’s basically his organization. he didnt even let Brady have a say on personnel matters and offensive game planning. it’s almost as if Bill were trying to push him out...

Why on earth do you need to be so combative with other posters?
The only thing I can think of is the permanent wedgie he has makes him lash out

1603698609677.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back