PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- 49er's beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that everyone realizes that Brady is going to win the Super Bowl this season.

I've said this before, I think Tampa will win 10-11 games this year. Bruce Arians teams can beat up on the bad teams, just on talent alone, but when their in a close game (Bears, Saints) they are going to be in trouble and probably lose. This is where Brady will miss Bill. They lead the league in penalties and are undisciplined. I admit, I'm not rooting for Tampa, if I was, I'd go to the Tampa Bay Bucaneer forum, but just wanted to give an honest opinion on this topic.

Cam made some poor throws but there were few times when receivers were open.
Plenty of times that receivers were open and Cam just missed. Sorry that you're having a hard time putting this loss squarely on Cam's shoulders because that's reality. Every drive in the 1st half ended because of CAM. Plain and simple.

as terrible as it sounds , I really think we need to make sure we win no more games this season. At least then we can be assured we get a top 5 pick. And someone other than Bill needs to make the calls on draft day !

as terrible as it sounds , I really think we need to make sure we win no more games this season. At least then we can be assured we get a top 5 pick. And someone other than Bill needs to make the calls on draft day !
This has got to be one of the most absolutely ridiculous posts on this board of ALL time.

Let's be real clear: after a decent enough start this year Cam Newton is playing Real Bad.

It's also true that Newton in 2020 is experiencing pretty much the exact same frustrations Brady did in 2019, the main difference seems to be that he reacts to the absolute lack of receiver and tight end ability by holding the ball too long and forcing throws for bad picks instead of just throwing the ball away and yelling at people like Brady did. Tellingly, 2019 Brady is being WILDLY out-performed by 2020 Brady at this point in spite of being yet another year older. The difference is having real NFL receivers instead of busted old guys and scrubs.

Fans always think somebody was open on every play. That doesn't mean they were open at the point in the play where the QB could throw to them, however, because quarterbacks got through progressions in a sequence. Nobody respects the Patriots receivers this year and it stymies the entire offense.

This has got to be one of the most absolutely ridiculous posts on this board of ALL time.
Why ? At this point I prefer tanking this season than maybe winning 7-8 games and getting a middle pick. I prefer a top 5 pick . And I don't think your tone is warranted !!

The two times we selected in the top 10 under BB we ended up with Seymour and Mayo.

Why ? At this point I prefer tanking this season than maybe winning 7-8 games and getting a middle pick. I prefer a top 5 pick . And I don't think your tone is warranted !!
4-12 > 8-8

The two times we selected in the top 10 under BB we ended up with Seymour and Mayo.
Yes, those were great picks, but we would not have had those picks if we picked between 15 and 20. A high draft pick would be great .

Yes, those were great picks
So let the man call the shots especially with a high pick. Yes his drafts have us in this mess but he’s shown the ability to rebuild through drafts (Building the 2te offense with Gronk Hernandez, fixing the defense after a fall off with Jones and Hightower). No doubt in my mind he can fix this offense.

Since he got injured Saturday, I think there is a chance waddle slides in the draft.

This is a bad team. 2-4 and everybody looked lifeless today. We'll probably win a few and finish 6-10 or something. I'm not really concerned honestly though because we've seen so much success... it just all has to end eventually. Cam isn't the answer nor is Stid. I'm not sure who the answer is and I have an itching feeling Belichick doesn't know either.

This will either be the start of a bad run for years or maybe the best thing that happened to this team. Either way, whoever switched to watch Tampa Bay today should be embarrassed.
No need. I have football on two screens at once, easy to keep track of both games. :)

The Patriots have sustained serious personnel losses the past few years as witnessed by the large
number of compensatory picks. The trouble is that the replacement players are not as good as
the originals. At present, their only strengths are the offensive line (when healthy), running back
and defensive back; while quarterback, wide receiver, and tight end are disasters. Today's game also highlighted troubles with our front seven players. Not fast enough to cover the edges.
As you have indicated, the recent drafts have not provided enough first line talent and there has not
been enough cap space to fill the holes thru free agency.

- There is no true "Front 7". The Patriots rarely have 7 DL/LBs out there. they play more 5/6DBs than anyone with Phillips seeing a bunch of time covering TE/RBs.
- Bentley shouldn't be the LONE LB out there and yet, they are relying on him to be a MLB. Something that he's never been. And his athletic deficiencies are glaring because he's trying to do more than HIS job.
- The D-line was clearly wasn't the same. I'm not sure that Beau Allen saw a snap. I'm not sure how many snaps Butler or Cowart actually saw. The team seemed to be relying on Bower and Thurman quite a bit.
- Jennings is another guy who shouldn't be on the field in a set calling for just 2 LBs.

- Not sure why the Defense went from the 1 play with a 5 man rush where Guy was able to break in and sack Garappolo, but the very next play , they went to a 3 man rush with zone behind and Garappolo torched them for it. Seemed like bad play calling by whomever called in the plays.

- To my knowledge, Uche and Williams didn't see a single defensive snap. That is depressing considering that Uche was dressed and that Williams played extremely well during the 1st 2 games of the season when he was called upon to cover TEs/LBs.

So let the man call the shots especially with a high pick. Yes his drafts have us in this mess but he’s shown the ability to rebuild through drafts (Building the 2te offense with Gronk Hernandez, fixing the defense after a fall off with Jones and Hightower). No doubt in my mind he can fix this offense.
I would love to believe that and hope you are right, however his last few drafts on the offensive side of the ball have been pretty bad. I don't know the answer , I am just throwing out a suggestion , maybe someone else needs to scout talent and someone else needs make the calls. Bill the GM has hurt the team the last few years . I love the guy but I am not blind to his faults like some on here !

I would love to believe that and hope you are right, however his last few drafts on the offensive side of the ball have been pretty bad. I don't know the answer , I am just throwing out a suggestion , maybe someone else needs to scout talent and someone else needs make the calls. Bill the GM has hurt the team the last few years . I love the guy but I am not blind to his faults like some on here !
I’m not sure how covid will affect the college schedule but if we don’t make the playoffs it could be beneficial to coach some of these kids in the senior bowl. Spend a week down there scouting and getting a better look at potential prospects.

Plenty of times that receivers were open and Cam just missed. Sorry that you're having a hard time putting this loss squarely on Cam's shoulders because that's reality. Every drive in the 1st half ended because of CAM. Plain and simple.
You are simply wrong here. It's OK.

To assert that this loss is because of one thing is ridiculous. This was a total team fail. Cam was terrible, the play calling was terrible, the lack of receivers getting open was a huge factor in that first half. The linebacker play was wretched, the Dline was a sieve. So much blame to go around. Cam was bad. really bad. But he was not the only problem this game.

That’s 0 for 2 vs the NFC West. I think they have a good shot at 0-4. Rams and Cardinals are no pushovers.

When is the last time they were shut out vs their scheduled NFC opponents? 1990?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes