PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- 49er's beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady and the offense looked pretty awful at the end of last season. They certainly were.

But at no time did I cringe watching the passing game like I did today. Nor did I feel like I wasn’t watching an NFL offense - also like I did today. Yikes.

Figure it out Bill and Josh. Do what you gotta do.

It wasn't fun watching Brady throw it into the ground every other play, getting called for intentional grounding last year either...

Just read the entire thread and obviously a lot of frustration. Maybe this is just reality setting in after loosing key players , injuries , covid etc. Cant really expect BB to throw a switch and everything resorts to normal in one year. Its gonna take time. Well, if we struggle to get into the post season the old statement about having less time to plan for the draft wont be in use ?

Bill wont cede any power...it’s basically his organization. he didnt even let Brady have a say on personnel matters and offensive game planning. it’s almost as if Bill were trying to push him out...

This is an overreach ? He met with Brady 3 times a week for 20 years.....

It wasn't fun watching Brady throw it into the ground every other play, getting called for intentional grounding last year either...
No it wasn’t.

But Brady his absolute worst looked like Joe Montana compared to what I saw yesterday from our QB. I never at any time hated watching Brady throw the football like I did watching Newton yesterday. I don’t know what the answers are but they better figure it out and fix it.

Tough to watch. A team that couldn't practice, players that opted out, Cam playing with the after-effects of COVID-19, a team that suffered from a stupid NFL League non - COVID Plan.

They are still my team. BTW, I am glad Brady chose to leave two years ago.

Go Pats

There has been ridiculous success for decades, the likes have never / will never be seen. The level of finger pointing is baffling.

It isn’t realistic for the good times to roll indefinitely. A rebuild has finally arrived. Excellent retooling over 20 years has kept this team on top. And now, it’s time to start over.

Yes, Brady is gone. Yes, losing an excellent QB hurts on the field. But the 43 year old Brady wasn’t winning the SB in NE this year. And, most likely, he won’t be winning one in TB either.

There has been ridiculous success for decades, the likes have never / will never be seen. The level of finger pointing is baffling.

It isn’t realistic for the good times to roll indefinitely. A rebuild has finally arrived. Excellent retooling over 20 years has kept this team on top. And now, it’s time to start over.

Yes, Brady is gone. Yes, losing an excellent QB hurts on the field. But the 43 year old Brady wasn’t winning the SB in NE this year. And, most likely, he won’t be winning one in TB either.
Brady wasn’t winning anything here this year but at least he still would have looked like he belongs in the league. Can’t say that about the two stiffs we saw yesterday play QB for us. It’s like living and dying with each throw.

Will unabashedly admit when the 49'ers went up 33 - 6 turned it off, probably the worse performance by a Pats team in the BB era...

So much to say, so much to lament not really worth the energy...

Do not think Newton is the answer, but it's a very sad state when two top receivers out there are Meyers and Byrd... absent TE's...

Then the Pats cannot stop the run.. this D is better than they are playing and somehow they have to stop the bleeding..

No mas...

Brady wasn’t winning anything here this year but at least he still would have looked like he belongs in the league. Can’t say that about the two stiffs we saw yesterday play QB for us. It’s like living and dying with each throw.
I think I’m in the minority in not wanting to see Brady on this rebuilding team. He is 43 and shouldn’t be subjected to a rebuild.

He was increasingly unhappy as is - and it wasn’t good for he, nor the team.

I don’t want to see a 10-6 Brady lead team lose in the first round. Maybe in 5 years: if NE doesn’t make it to the playoffs before 2025, the excitement of “making the playoffs” will be a thing. For the Patriots, after so much success, that novelty doesn’t appeal to me.

With the needs on this team that third rounder we lost could have been useful.

Thank you Kraft video crew. Great work fellas.

Who cares ? Point is that there are no rookie TEs that are lightyears ahead of anyone.
The players you named have legitimate starting TEs on their teams in front of them. We don’t have Hooper, Fant, etc,

No it wasn’t.

But Brady his absolute worst looked like Joe Montana compared to what I saw yesterday from our QB. I never at any time hated watching Brady throw the football like I did watching Newton yesterday. I don’t know what the answers are but they better figure it out and fix it.

Newton looks like a square peg trying to fit in a round hole. I count three games where Byrd has been open by at least two steps and Cam has missed him. He looks tentative on most passing plays.

Belichick looks awfully calm. I really believe Stid is worse than Cam and Belichick sticking by Newton imo confirms it. Heck, Hoyer beat Stid out. My prediction is based on observation is that Cam's finishing the season as QB and if he's able to play decently, will extend him for a season while grooming a new QB via draft.

No it wasn’t.

Was very bad. Made me lose faith in Cam but I'll be fair and give him one more chance. If he sucks again, I'm all in on being done with Cam. I don't need 11 wins. Just good. Scratch that. Basic QB decision making. QB wise, we better hope Cam turns it around because 2021 wont get better, likely. Qb wise.

The players you named have legitimate starting TEs on their teams in front of them. We don’t have Hooper, Fant, etc,

Which is true but irrelevant if the poster I am responding to claims that "rookie TEs on other teams were lightyears ahead of ours" at that point in time:

Then how come other teams' rookie TE's are lightyears ahead of ours?

It is just kneejerk claim without even taking those 3-4min to check things out first.

Which is true but irrelevant if the poster I am responding to claims that "rookie TEs on other teams were lightyears ahead of ours" at that point in time:

It is just kneejerk claim without even taking those 3-4min to check things out first.
The Pats' TE group is the worst in the league statistically. Least amount of receptions. Least amount of yards. Least amount of TD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back