PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Day Thread- Pats beat the Raiders!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I could see a replay of Newton's interception. It looked like he had Asiasi open for a potential big gain. I'd like to see what the rookie can do. If he hits that pass (or is accurate on the pass to Harry in the endzone), the score could have been even more lopsided.

If you listen to the Harry-Haters, Harry sucked again.. His blocking didn't do anything and a light breeze took him down. .:evil:

The secret to success is in the organization of the non obvious.

Little things like taking a couple center snaps regularly can have big payoffs down the line.

Any organization does that with their back-up center. My high school team did that. But I do agree that it’s necessary. We saw why today.

Any organization does that with their back-up center. My high school team did that. But I do agree that it’s necessary. We saw why today.

Of course but Thuney has not been their backup center all those years but their emergency option. Maybe this year he got upgraded to backup for now but the tweet said he has been doing it for years.

Harry with a tough run to pick up YAC, like to see that effort. So last week he held onto the ball after a viscous helmet to helmet and today he took some guys with him for a ride. I like what I'm seeing

I missed the part when the geniuses on this forum called that lineup.

Harry with a tough run to pick up YAC, like to see that effort. So last week he held onto the ball after a viscous helmet to helmet and today he took some guys with him for a ride. I like what I'm seeing

So many bullsh*t memes exposed today: "Sony goes down on the first hit", "Harry isn't physical", "Belichick can't pick 2nd round DBs". Love it when the echo chamber blows up.

I only got a chance to watch the 1st quarter. How did Cam look? He looked like he was struggling early on...

Nice. DI has trained you well. Unlike him, you know a lot about football, but you are becoming as insufferable as he is.
I’m only insufferable to asswipes who take themselves too seriously. Everyone else seems to be pretty cool with my “act.” If you aren’t, well, I have bad news.

Very nice games by Michel, Burkhead, and JJ Williams today. Williams, in particular, completely shut Waller’s ass down when he had him in man. Michel ran like a grown ass man for the first time in a very long time, and it took getting threatened by an undrafted rookie to do it. I do worry about what happens when a defense bottles up the RBs and forces Cam and the WRs to beat them in the pocket. I still wouldn’t rule out a move for another wideout. Either that or Keene/Asiasi need to emerge as viable options in the passing game. But I’ll take the dub.
Might be the VT homer in me but I think Keene is going to be an important part of the offense. When he makes it on to the field we'll have an actual receiving threat at TE that hopefully opens up the field for the receivers a bit more. Then maybe...maybe an upgrade at WR won't be such a dire need.

Love the options we have at RB. Running game has been strong and the last two weeks we've been arguably without our best two RBs (White and apparently Harris but we'll see how that goes). They're not far off from having a formidable offense that could get lucky here and there in the playoffs

Wish I could see a replay of Newton's interception. It looked like he had Asiasi open for a potential big gain. I'd like to see what the rookie can do. If he hits that pass (or is accurate on the pass to Harry in the endzone), the score could have been even more lopsided.

You can see the replay of it in the highlights on NFL.Com.

However, it's a poor angle. And it shows one Patriots receiver getting slammed to the ground right behind the Interception by a Raider player. Like you, when they showed the angle over Cam's shoulder, it looked like Asiasi likely would have taken it to the house. However the angle on NFL.com (the 57 second mark of the highlight) shows Asiasi getting planted the same time as the interception. Not sure if there was anyone beyond him, but it sure looked like they had someone open deep over there.

I’m only insufferable to asswipes who take themselves too seriously. Everyone else seems to be pretty cool with my “act.” If you aren’t, well, I have bad news.

My only objection with you is with your pointless recourse to ad homs like this reply of yours. It's uncivil and beneath you and not the way you used to post. Too bad.

Good for them. I can't stand wading through that cesspool.

It actually wasn't all that bad today.. The Game Day Chat was worse..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots