PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Day Thread- Pats beat the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

That's a silly narrative. Think of how much money the team saved once Josh McD and all the guys he took with him were off the budget. There was more than enough money in the budget for Bill to get anyone he wanted. Kraft gets a check for $150M before the first snap of the season from the NFL. The fact is Bill wanted both Matt and Joe, has nothing to do with their salaries.
What's silly about it? Why don't you look it up. Their salaries are being paid by thier former teams for this season. Wouldn't you hire someone if you didn't have to pay thier salaries to do the job? Educate yourself before you speak..

Darnold wasn't nearly as talented as Wilson is in pure raw talent. Darnold was more of a Sanchez clone. Wilson should have a higher ceiling.
Darnold was as, if not more talented than Wilson. And this is coming from a draft expert. Not some guy on the internet. Sanchez comp isn't the best either not completely terrible Rob. Bad, elongated delivery and inexperience but Darnold was much better out of structure. Had better feel for chaos in college while Sanchez was more a product of a system. A lot more Luck than Sanchoe.

What's silly about it? Why don't you look it up. Their salaries are being paid by thier former teams for this season. Wouldn't you hire someone if you didn't have to pay thier salaries to do the job? Educate yourself before you speak..

That's a silly narrative. Think of how much money the team saved once Josh McD and all the guys he took with him were off the budget. There was more than enough money in the budget for Bill to get anyone he wanted. Kraft gets a check for $150M before the first snap of the season from the NFL. The fact is Bill wanted both Matt and Joe, has nothing to do with their salaries.
Also why would the NFL pay Kraft? That makes no sense.. the patriots make thier revenue of us the fans, parking, tickets, concessions, Kraft is also a chairman on the CBS communications committee, he is a shot caller for the league and brokers the TV deals, the owners pay Goodells salary, the patriots have so many revenue streams.. what's 150 mill on a franchise with 3.8 billion

Wilson (and Trey Lance) had a ton of trouble reading the second level of the defense in college. Difference was/is, Wilson is more reckless. Just has major trouble in that part of the field. Which tells me you're having trouble in a specific area in your pre/post snap checklist which is about 9-10 boxes but specifically when you're looking at and trying to read, the read defender and that area of the field. He's had a ton of bad plays and almost bad plays in that area and I think it's bc he has trouble or isn't the most efficient deciphering those defenders. Whether those birds are reading you, the WR's release or a specific target. It tells you a lot already about what to expect from someone but maybe more importantly where someone is going to be.

He got away with it in college mostly bc of the different spacing and talent disparity but that's something that won't go away in the pros for obvious reasons.

First thing 99.9999% of QB's do is find the Saf structure, possible rotations and go from there. And even come back there after checking the front but I'm guessing he's having trouble in a specific area for w/e reason and just not sure where guys will be at (landmarks) It's just been an issue forever.

I think ultimately, you and I and all the others who favored Justin Fields are going to be proven correct.

He's going to be the jewel of this class.

It's a shame the Patriots braintrust did not trust it

In the NFL you don't hire people because they are cheap (or even free), you hire them because you think they can do the job well. Kraft and the Pats are not the same as most non-NFL businesses, they don't need to nickel and dime on salaries. The opportunity cost (look it up) for wasting your time with bad coaches just to save salary doesn't make any sense at all.

FWIW, Bedard blames Meyers for both the pick six and the failed fourth down.

He agrees with others who have said that Meyers ran the wrong option route on the pick six.

On the fourth down, Jones clearly motions to Meyers to fade back because the defender covering Meyers was focused on Jones rather than watching where Meyers was. He says that if Meyers backed up when Jones signaled, it would have probably been a TD pass because there was only daylight between Meyers and the end zone. At the very least, that shows what Jones saw on that play.

Of course Bedard is not the be all and end all on film study, he does at least analyze the coach’s film.
Well, I disagree on the 1st. That was a bad throw/decision any way you cut it. Meyers wouldn't have had leverage even if he went the other way.

I've obviously been arguing the same as Bedard about the 4th and 1 but Bedard is wrong in the sense that he blames Meyers instead of recognizing the play design is bad. As I've said, Meyers turns to block immediately. He wasn't even meant to be an option.

What's silly about it is thinking that BB is going to go contrary to the team's interests just because he can save Kraft a few bucks.

I think ultimately, you and I and all the others who favored Justin Fields are going to be proven correct.

No. He isn't.

I hope so as well for a few unselfish reasons.

The league needs good young exciting QB's and Chicago has been dying for a QB for 30 years. And it's always nice to see teams that havent had success in a while, get some.

In the NFL you don't hire people because they are cheap (or even free), you hire them because you think they can do the job well. Kraft and the Pats are not the same as most non-NFL businesses, they don't need to nickel and dime on salaries. The opportunity cost (look it up) for wasting your time with bad coaches just to save salary doesn't make any sense at all.
Your missing the point, then why isn't Flores back? Dabol or any SUCCESSFUL former coach that left, because you'd have to pay them with the cap where it is this season do you think the patriots really want to pay anyone let's be real here.. I'm not trying to be offensive or insult your intelligence I'm just using common sense logic,

Again the decision to bring back these failed coaches is largely in part that thier salaries are paid by their formers teams as long as that are named a coordinator.. feel free to look the info up. These aren't my opinions it's reported. If that's the case then I'll hire a plumber to paint my interior, I'll hire an electrician to do my roof..

It's foolish to think a defensive coordinator can help ascend an promising young QB , they have ruined Mac.

What's silly about it is thinking that BB is going to go contrary to the team's interests just because he can save Kraft a few bucks.
FYI, the patriots don't have much cap space I said that was an easy decision to bring back a FOB (friend of Bill )yes man when you don't have to pay them.. didn't say that was the only reason.. how's thay decision working out so far? How's mac progressing? Is that going against the best interest of the team? If you care to seek Bedard has a nice peice out today in the Boston sports journal regarding exactly what we are discussing on this forum.

You may be jumping the gun on Fields. Yes, he played well the last few weeks, but Dallas was protecting a sizeable lead most of the game and the Pats played a defense they had no business playing because they weren't suited for it. He may be turning the corner, but he needs to show more to prove that true. But he can't be any worse than he was last year or the start of the season.

FYI, the patriots don't have much cap space I said that was an easy decision to bring back a FOB (friend of Bill )yes man when you don't have to pay them.. didn't say that was the only reason.. how's thay decision working out so far? How's mac progressing? Is that going against the best interest of the team? If you care to seek Bedard has a nice peice out today in the Boston sports journal regarding exactly what we are discussing on this forum.

What does cap space have to do with paying coaches?

Your missing the point, then why isn't Flores back? Dabol or any SUCCESSFUL former coach that left, because you'd have to pay them with the cap where it is this season do you think the patriots really want to pay anyone let's be real here.. I'm not trying to be offensive or insult your intelligence I'm just using common sense logic,
Coaches salaries are not part of the cap.

Again the decision to bring back these failed coaches is largely in part that thier salaries are paid by their formers teams as long as that are named a coordinator.. feel free to look the info up. These aren't my opinions it's reported. If that's the case then I'll hire a plumber to paint my interior, I'll hire an electrician to do my roof..
Largely in part? Huh?

You do realize Belichick himself is a failed head coach (he was fired by Cleveland), right?

It's foolish to think a defensive coordinator can help ascend an promising young QB , they have ruined Mac.
Sorry to see you are giving up so soon.

Largely in part? Huh?

You do realize Belichick himself is a failed head coach (he was fired by Cleveland), right?

Last I checked Bill resigned as the HC of the NYJ.. he was HIRED meaning actually being paid he quit . And the rest is history That was I'm the 90s the rules have changed since then.. not giving up, there is nothing to give up..

Whenever you want to get out of denial and realize..

Cap space has absolutely nothing to do with coaches' salaries. What are you even talking about?

Bedard's piece today is about how Mac played much better than he thought yesterday after the game.

Largely in part? Huh?

Bill,

I knew it was you!

Cap space has absolutely nothing to do with coaches' salaries. What are you even talking about?

Bedard's piece today is about how Mac played much better than he thought yesterday after the game.
Ok please educate ok cap space.. I'll listen to you.. since you know how cap space works..

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back