PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats-Titans pregame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
full-metal-jacket-gif-2.gif

Is this where you're about to go John Wayne on Gunny Hartman, Private Joker?

Gilmore was the #1 corner when the personnel planning was done over the summer. Jones was #2. Jackson and Mills were tied for #3. The reason the Pats have "about 20 safeties and corners" is to plan for injuries, and have playable depth. So it wasn't a weakness, because that's a core principle of how the team is built. The two #3 guys are now #1 and #2, with other guys filling in as the game plan dictates.

Even over the summer JC was the clear #2 behind Gilmore... JJ was the #3/Slot CB, and Mills was signed as JMac's (ex-pensive) replacement.

I dont think Gilmore was ever in the plans this year.

Or Revis II
Took himself out via No Show
Oh well

BB:
1 Desire to play
Attitude of I Must Play Football
Ideally, for example "God Created me To Be a Linebacker"

2 Must Win
Not happy just to be here, thanks

3 Other things

Ryan Tannehill? Man I don't know. BB will struggle game planning against such a...sorry, still drunk from last night.

OT but a FYI for my good buddy JimNance...."already pulled a Kermit the frog at midnight in the oasis," means he CROAKED...while listening to Maria Muldaur on his ear buds...hope that clears up any miscommunication...I'm more cornfused than ever though
You sure it was Kermit? Not Jeremiah?
I mean he WAS a bullfrog.

The vast majority of players see it the opposite way. They see the likelihood of getting seriously injured during the rest of the season as much less than getting seriously injured during the rest of their career, and that makes sense. They see the upfront money as the true “ injury insurance,” so they tend to go with the team that gives them the most guaranteed money. Jackson is a ballhawk, and those are hard to find, but whether Belichick believes he is worth the cap space he’s going to demand is anyone’s guess. No one wants to lose him, especially since they a true contender once again, but there’s a good chance that will happen. Right now it is very hard to know their real cap situation as they have so many UFA’s, and we don’t know who will retire and who will return. Common wisdom was that this would be McCourty’s last season, but he could want to return given the possibility for one more ring in the next couple of season’s.
Agree - that's the reason for my initial position in the JC thread - while there is always an injury risk for the rest of the season - players don't plan or negotiate based on that data point. They plan and negotiate based on the potential for massive earnings in free agency - and while I personally WANT to see JC sign a contract with the Patriots now, the odds of JC doing that remain microscopic.

This is the kind of game where you can beat yourself very easily. Gotta pay attention with with Turnovers and fouls most of all.

I expect a very rush-heavy Fitz early, if we shut it down, we are in for a big win, unless those Titans practice squad players are the next incoming of greatness

Disappointing but there's a lot of estrogen being displayed in this thread.

Mrs Timmy and his pet moose are leading the charge.

Bro where’s your avatar?

You know for a number 1 corner, they sure tossed him fast when he got healthy. I dont think Gilmore was ever in the plans this year.
Gilmore wasn't healthy this year while with the Patriots.

Even over the summer JC was the clear #2 behind Gilmore... JJ was the #3/Slot CB, and Mills was signed as JMac's (ex-pensive) replacement.
6 million a year for a starting DB is expensive?

We're back to Kendrick Bourne's contract territory here. Jalen Mills was/is a freaking steal. Versatile and has been playing out of position most of the year and holding his own on a team that's ranked 4th in points allowed so far, and is getting better.

It will be a blowout. Titans have nobody

6 million a year for a starting DB is expensive?

We're back to Kendrick Bourne's contract territory here. Jalen Mills was/is a freaking steal. Versatile and has been playing out of position most of the year and holding his own on a team that's ranked 4th in points allowed so far, and is getting better.
Pretty sure the Pats are 1st in Points allowed with 177 and Points Allowed per game at 16.09.
Bills are at 182 Points allowed and 16.45 PPG.
Broncos are at 183 points allowed and 18.3 PPG.

No team in the NFC has allowed under 200 points. The best team in the NFC is the Cardinals at 202 points allowed and 18.36 PPG.

It will be a blowout. Titans have nobody

I think it's as likely to be a close game as it is to be a blowout. In games like this, teams that have lost the players that the Titans have tend to tighten their belts and play way beyond their normal means. It all depends who shows up.. If it's a ****y Patriots team that doesn't take the Titans seriously and they commit a lot of stupid penalties and dumb mistakes, then the Titans can beat them easily.. If it's a confident team that comes in expecting a tough game and they play up to or beyond what we've seen, then I agree. It should probably be a blowout.

I'm hoping for a win that has no injuries on either side.

Still, it is a team game, and every one of those "nobodies" will be trying to show up as the guy who deserves to continue to get playing time when regulars come back.
That’s just the insecure pats fan syndrome.

You know for a number 1 corner, they sure tossed him fast when he got healthy. I dont think Gilmore was ever in the plans this year.

He was fully healthy when they “tossed him fast“? You’re sure about that?

Let’s look at his defensive snap count % since joining Carolina:

Week 8: 32%
Week 9: 24%
Week 10: 25%
Week 11: 55%

Don’t let the facts get in the way of your agenda. In my opinion, his criticism of how the Patriots handled his injury is a bunch of damage control BS. Those snap counts show that he was nowhere near ready to contribute early in the season and the decision to start him on PUP was the correct one.

Do I need to point out that Gilmore iis playing for the exact same amount of cash with a flailing team destined to miss the playoffs again, rather than an ascending team with a good chance to make the playoffs, as part of what appears to be an excellent defense. He reportedly was willing to do that because the Panthers pinky swore that they will engage in good-faith negotiations in the off-season, to give him a contract which he feels is worthy of his talents. Lol.

If he misses a chance to showcase himself in high profile games for the Pats in December, January and even, gasp, February, Gilmore surely will be kicking himself for how he handled the situation.

That’s just the insecure pats fan syndrome.

IPFS. Finally, a diagnosis that'll lead to the meds I need. SMH at the money and time wasted with professionals. Much thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back