PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats-Titans pregame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sell out to stop the run and take away the easy passes that Vrabel loves to scheme for Tannehill. Expose him for the turd he is.

We played mostly big nickel in zone in the last game- I think we'll see that again this game but modified with a single high safety (as opposed to rotating to a cover 3) . Dare Tannehill to go deep on us.

He doesn't have Henry, ergo, no PA.

The Tits/Trannyhill struggle with man and man is what we do best.

Which ironically is what the Pats haven't been doing a lot of on defense recently - morphed into much more of a zone team with man thrown in. That's what Tannehill is going to see on tape at least.

Which ironically is what the Pats haven't been doing a lot of on defense recently - morphed into much more of a zone team with man thrown in. That's what Tannehill is going to see on tape at least.
Well, each game plan is going to be specific to the team we are playing. It’s always been like that. But we primarily play man with zone mixed in. That’s what our personnel is good at on defense. Tanny will see a lot of man with Henry and Jones gone, and Brown banged up.

Mac took some sacks Thursday and I’ll look for continued development there and especially in a blitz throwing to the vacated spot. Miss White of course but there are big plays to be had.

Look for Tannehill to do what he normally does against NE: 80-90 and an INT through 3 quarters , then when the game is out of reach, he channels Carson Palmer and goes into garbage time mode throwing for 200 yards and a pair of TD’s in the 4th quarter.

Well, each game plan is going to be specific to the team we are playing. It’s always been like that. But we primarily play man with zone mixed in. That’s what our personnel is good at on defense. Tanny will see a lot of man with Henry and Jones gone, and Brown banged up.
That may have changed. The Patriots played twice as much zone in games 7-10 than in the first 6 games. They played zone 81% of the time against the Falcons. The change might have been prompted by Gilmore’s situation and Jones getting hurt. But, they’ve played pretty good defense since the change, so I doubt they’ll go back to being a man defense, however, it’s entirely possible they play it more than the 19% they employed it against the Falcons.

I'm still mad about Tom's last game here.*

I think the players are, too.

You know Bill hasn't forgotten.

I don't expect the Patriots to show anyone any more mercy than they have in these blowouts so far.

*My brother came all the way over here from Germany to visit and watch that game with us and it was the lousiest game we've had this century

Last edited:
Look for Tannehill to do what he normally does against NE: 80-90 and an INT through 3 quarters , then when the game is out of reach, he channels Carson Palmer and goes into garbage time mode throwing for 200 yards and a pair of TD’s in the 4th quarter.
Yea thats pretty much it.

Gonna be a tough game even without facing Henry, maybe Julio Jones, and possibly even A.J. Brown...

We'll have to GRIND IT OUT snap by snap....and capitalize on anything we can...whether it's a turnover (unlikely given what happened yesterday...odds not good) or favorable field position (Gunner is due to break one, baby!) or scoring touchdowns when we are in the red area.

Hope the Pats are focused and come out sharp...ready to grind it out for an ugly W. No looking ahead to the Monday Nighter in Buffalo please....

What I've seen a lot if is man to man with linebackers dropping into zone protect and single high safety. The great part is they have been able to consistently confuse QBs and Olines as to which direction the pass rush is coming from and they are getting home with 4, can't remember the last time I saw a blitz

I have a feeling BB doesn't want his team to be easily identified as a zone coverage team that sux at man coverage. It's definitely trending that way. At some point he's gonna juke and play mostly man against someone.

Now through 11 weeks:
1637608100698.png

Just realized we are #1 in ppg allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes