PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats-Titans pregame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Titans have been able to win post Henry due to a very effective , all hands on deck, swarming defense (very reminiscent of some of our best defenses).

That said, as the weeks go by, not having Henry is severely hampering their "tough guy" we will punch you in the mouth, team identity. The further we get from the Henry injury the more vulnerable the Titans looks.

AJ Brown is having an injury riddled year, Julio Jones was a bust of a pick up and Jonnu isn't there anymore.

Pats should be able to win the dog fight. Won't be easy...fully expect vrabel to pull out all the stops defensively..but not having that knock out punch on offense (Henry) will prove to be the difference.

Pats are able to run the ball and that proves to be the difference.

I think both the Bills and Titans have been exposed. The true measuring stick game is the colts. You won't face a better oline or running back in the playoffs. Win those matchups and that game and I'll be confident in saying this defense can (and will) shut down anyone.

Heavy is good. Lol.

I don’t exist I was never Alive in

Last edited:
you might think of me as the devil
So he it

you might think of me as the devil

The Titans have been able to win post Henry due to a very effective , all hands on deck, swarming defense (very reminiscent of some of our best defenses).

That said, as the weeks go by, not having Henry is severely hampering their "tough guy" we will punch you in the mouth, team identity. The further we get from the Henry injury the more vulnerable the Titans looks.

AJ Brown is having an injury riddled year, Julio Jones was a bust of a pick up and Jonnu isn't there anymore.

Pats should be able to win the dog fight. Won't be easy...fully expect vrabel to pull out all the stops defensively..but not having that knock out punch on offense (Henry) will prove to be the difference.

Pats are able to run the ball and that proves to be the difference.

Corey Davis isn't there anymore either. The Titans offense is injury riddled and a shell of last year's personnel. Tannehill throwing 50 times against the Texans is NUTS (poor coaching). Everyone on PatsFans seems to love Coach Vrabel but that loss to the Texans was AWFUL. Everyone was upset when we barely beat the Texans, but the Titans got spanked by the Texans.

Having said that I do not know what their defense is like.

Corey Davis isn't there anymore either. The Titans offense is injury riddled and a shell of last year's personnel. Tannehill throwing 50 times against the Texans is NUTS (poor coaching). Everyone on PatsFans seems to love Coach Vrabel but that loss to the Texans was AWFUL. Everyone was upset when we barely beat the Texans, but the Titans got spanked by the Texans.

Having said that I do not know what their defense is like.
I don't disagree at all. This is hammering my point home. Without Henry they can't be who they want to be. They aren't built to be a finesse team. They HAVE to be now and are struggling.

Defensively however they are nasty, physical and swarm. The offense has a heavyweight matchup ahead.

Titans have waived A.P. Who is their RB this Sunday?

Sorry y’all. Just loving some new music. I shall disappear nowb

I'm the opposite on this one. The depth itself is the weapon, but on the field.

I rail against the single, high cost superstar WR ALL THE TIME (broken record, thy name is Scottman), but only because if you can trot out six legitimate average to above average weapons on the field there is no scheming that away for an opposing defense. How many teams have schemed out Hill now where he doesn't take over a game?

The odds are massively in your favor that you'll have a matchup advantage somewhere if you can vary targets across six guys...and if you double one (most defenses can only afford one double team per play), the odds remain favorable for the offense regardless just based on simple numbers.

Once those numbers decrease due to injury, that scale slides VERY quickly the other way. Either you field less weapons, or make guys who could have their flaws hidden by the variety - exposed.

Short duration (1-2 games) you can likely get away with it, but once a good defensive coordinator sees and exploits the remaining, much fewer option, players' weak points - the copycat league will remember.
Then we're actually in complete agreement. I've been saying for weeks that BB built a team with no #1's, but a whole bunch of good skill players.

He schemes great players out of the games, why would he spend a billion $ on one?

Titans have waived A.P. Who is their RB this Sunday?
Really good question. McNichols is still out. Looks like D’Onta Foreman, Dontrell Hilliard and whoever they have left on the practice squad (EDIT: that’s Rodney Smith, atm) will do the honors Sunday.

Quick roster question. Is Jonathan Jones done for the year, or is there a chance he could be back before the end of the season?

Any idea if that includes the Bye week or not? Since the 3 weeks is during a Bye week, do the Pats get 4 weeks to decide?

Have to assume they are both going on IR at the end of their 3 weeks unless Uche or Collins might not be back, and then there might be a place for McGrone. Can't imagine McGrone is fully healed from his ACL but maybe. Bledsoe is probably fully healed but I doubt there is a spot for him.
The bye week is a standard week like any other as far as I know..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes