PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official Pats-Packers Preseason Game Reaction Thread

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Serious question. Are you Danny from Quincy? You seem to have the same schtick he does when it comes to Mac.

Most of the people in the media who knows football (Zo, Evan Lazar, Bedard) all disagree with your assessment.

BTW, how are these sacks Jones' fault and not the tackles getting absolutely owned by the defenders?

You were accusing Henry of running the wrong route when he was WIDE OPEN. I went back to review your latest excuse to see if it was true and saw Henry between 3 GB defenders. There was no high or low like your BS story. Henry had it perfect.

I regards to the fumble. EVERYONE in NE knows that the Pats have OL issues. LOOK at the edges to see if your guy is holding up instead of the standing in the pocket oblivious to time ticking down.

Serious question. Are you Danny from Quincy? You seem to have the same schtick he does when it comes to Mac.

Most of the people in the media who knows football (Zo, Evan Lazar, Bedard) all disagree with your assessment.

BTW, how are these sacks Jones' fault and not the tackles getting absolutely owned by the defenders?

Antonio Mafi needs to learn to play with better leverage he's way Bigger than the guy across from him and got bull rushed. Mafi should have stopped that guy in his tracks.

Yes, they played without White. Bentley and Flowers.
Flowers is still on the PUP and hasn't taken a snap yet. Mentioning him doesn't make sense since we have no idea what he has left.
Right now, Flowers is behind Judon, Uche, Wise, and White. At this rate, he'll be moved to Reserve/PUP and we won't see him until week 5 at the earliest.

Did Vanterpool see game snaps?? If so, where did he line up?

You were accusing Henry of running the wrong route when he was WIDE OPEN. I went back to review your latest excuse to see if it was true and saw Henry between 3 GB defenders. There was no high or low like your BS story. Henry had it perfect.

I regards to the fumble. EVERYONE in NE knows that the Pats have OL issues. LOOK at the edges to see if your guy is holding up instead of the standing in the pocket oblivious to time ticking down.

I said either Mac Jones or Hunter Henry read the defense wrong and whoever did were the ones who was responsible for that pass being incomplete. I didn't say it was Henry. But that was a clear case of the QB seeing one thing and the TE seeing another presnap and based on the read, it determined whether Henry breaks inside or outside. In what I said, Jones could have been the one who read the defense wrong. I couldn't see the safeties on the game day film. So I don't know which guy is at fault. I will say if Brady was under center, everyone would have blamed Henry for running the wrong route.

Sure everyone knows the Patriots have line issues, but that doesn't mean you give the tackles free passes when they get manhandled or totally whiff on a block. Even a QB like Brady would get sacked in situations like this. Mac didn't hold onto the ball for particularly long in either one of those plays. You act like he held it for 4-5 seconds. In both cases, the defenders were on him pretty darn quick. On the first sack, the pocket completely collapsed giving him little options.

Last edited:
He stopped wearing the red jersey long before that.
No, he didn't. What you quoted was literally the first time he hit anyone in TC.

From a Aug17 article on The Athletic:

Mapu was still recovering from the pectoral injury when the Patriots drafted him. But for the first time this week, he shed the red non-contact jersey during joint practices in Green Bay

Bourne never checked out last season. He fought every step of the way to get back on the field despite Patricia's stupidity. Bourne showed up and ran the routes the way he knew he was supposed to despite Patricia's animosity towards him.
I misspoke. Meant to say "tuned out"

If @Triumph was Danny from Quincy, his posts would definitely be in “all caps,” almost certainly also in bold, and more than likely in a larger font size.

Thanks for the memory, I haven’t listened to local sports talk radio for a long time, but ol’ Captain Danny was one of my favorites, it was absolutely hilarious to hear him go off. I spent many a Saturday morning doing my books for the week gone by, with “Ted and Fred” in the background. Seemed like Danny would come on in the last hour, so a lot of times I’d be more or less done but finding stuff to do waiting for his calls to give me a good laugh. Once that show was replaced with Mustard & Johnson I didn’t feel like listening anymore.

Last edited:
I said either Mac Jones or Hunter Henry read the defense wrong and whoever did were the ones who was responsible for that pass being incomplete. I didn't say it was Henry. But that was a clear case of the QB seeing one thing and the TE seeing another presnap and based on the read, it determined whether Henry breaks inside or outside. In what I said, Jones could have been the one who read the defense wrong. I couldn't see the safeties on the game day film. So I don't know which guy is at fault. I will say if Brady was under center, everyone would have blamed Henry for running the wrong route.
Lets blame Henry anyway.
Sure everyone knows the Patriots have line issues, but that doesn't mean you give the tackles free passes when they get manhandled or totally whiff on a block. Even a QB like Brady would get sacked in situations like this. Mac didn't hold onto the ball for particularly long in either one of those plays.
4 seconds on the first sack and 4 seconds on the fumble.

Go watch the tape.
You act like he held it for 4-5 seconds.
Agreed
In both cases, the defenders were on him pretty darn quick. On the first sack, the pocket completely collapsed giving him little options.
That is life with no red contact jersey.

Lets blame Henry anyway.

4 seconds on the first sack and 4 seconds on the fumble.

Go watch the tape.

Agreed

That is life with no red contact jersey.

You can blame Henry if you like. I will wait until I see the All 22 or someone else does and reports it. Until then, I do not know who is at fault. I just know what the reason why there was a miscommunication between the two.

Both times Jones was hit about three seconds in. The first video he snapped the ball literally right before the second second and was sack at second five. The second sack was snapped on the second second and sacked on the fifth. You can rewrite history.

Your irrational hate of Mac Jones is fascinating. I know it derails threads by going down the rabbit hole with you on it. So I try to limit my going there. But I am always fascinated when people twist themselves into knots trying to rip apart players they hate.

You can blame Henry if you like. I will wait until I see the All 22 or someone else does and reports it. Until then, I do not know who is at fault. I just know what the reason why there was a miscommunication between the two.

Both times Jones was hit about three seconds in. The first video he snapped the ball literally right before the second second and was sack at second five. The second sack was snapped on the second second and sacked on the fifth. You can rewrite history.

Your irrational hate of Mac Jones is fascinating. I know it derails threads by going down the rabbit hole with you on it. So I try to limit my going there. But I am always fascinated when people twist themselves into knots trying to rip apart players they hate.
3:53 on the 1st sack with a stopwatch.

You were right, its not as if it was 4 seconds.

3:53 on the 1st sack with a stopwatch.

You were right, its not as if it was 4 seconds.

LOL! You really used a stop watch. You probably ran to the store to buy one.

Ok, you win. It is a travesty that Jones hasn't been cut because he held onto the ball on one of two sacks for 4 second during a preseason game.

I am going to assume you concede the second sack was less than four seconds.

LOL! You really used a stop watch. You probably ran to the store to buy one.

Ok, you win. It is a travesty that Jones hasn't been cut because he held onto the ball on one of two sacks for 4 second during a preseason game.

I am going to assume you concede the second sack was less than four seconds.
All cell phones have stop watches.

Check on your Motorolo flip phone. Its there.

All cell phones have stop watches.

Check on your Motorolo flip phone. Its there.

I was joking you dummy. I figured you used your phone or your computer. I just didn't think you would care enough to clock it. I just watched the video video and watched the time when it was snapped and when he was first hit. I won't even ask you the exact moment the pocket collapsed on the first play which was before he was sacked.

I was joking you dummy. I figured you used your phone or your computer. I just didn't think you would care enough to clock it. I just watched the video video and watched the time when it was snapped and when he was first hit. I won't even ask you the exact moment the pocket collapsed on the first play which was before he was sacked.
I should just guess out of my arse like you do.

I should just guess out of my arse like you do.

I didn't guess. I just didn't care enough to try to synch up my phone with the video to get the exact time. For a freaking preseason game.

I didn't guess. I just didn't care enough to try to synch up my phone with the video to get the exact time. For a freaking preseason game.
I didn't have to do that.

Check AOL and see if they can assist.

Why did we invest a 4th rounder in a kicker if we're not even going to use him in preseason games?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back