PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Patriots vs. Dolphins Post Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
?????????

Am I the only one that seen Amendola and Edelman play their ass off today?

No, they played great. I think a bit of frustration over this receiving group is justified though. Edelman and Amendola are good short yardage guys but but they are not elite by any stretch andthey do the same thing. They are not complemented by a power receiver or TE or a vertical threat. This offense is very limited in what it can do right now and I think it's fair to say most teams in the NFL have at least one receiver or TE that is better than both of them.

I remember ten or twelve years ago our TE Christian something was tall, had a basketball background. He's a TV analyst now. Can't remember his name. But I remember Belichick remarking on his ability to "post-up" like in basketball in the endzone when we were down there. Obviously, that need potentially is met in Dobson.

But we don't have that player right now. If we did, the game likely would have turned in our favor.

Christian Fauria. His nephew is a tight end for the lions and has been an excellent red zone target for them.

I have to disagree. Boyce CAN stretch the field. In fact, he's faster than Dobson or Thompkins. He's quicker as well. The issue is more the O-line getting Brady time AND the OC calling more running plays so that it keeps the defense honest.

Get used to it, the oline is trash. We won't see a good one at all the rest of the year. I have lost hope on them giving Brady time he needs.

We need to utilize amendola and Edelman to go the distance of the field, and then Dobson and KT inside the 10. If we had Dobson or KT, its a different game IMO.

We have them right where we want them......wait, the game is over? Damn it!

re: Why didn't the Pats bring in Will Svitek when Solder left with a head injury?

Bring Nick McDonald back and put Kline back where he belongs--on the practice squad for Dante seasoning. Thanks for that nugget, DaBruinz.

What are the chances Solder plays next weekend? Somewhere between slim and none.

That o line....it needs some work and soon. Tom is not comfortable in that pocket.

Christian Fauria. His nephew is a tight end for the lions and has been an excellent red zone target for them.
Thanks, Brother Froob. I knew a bit about his nephew. Played TE in college in the Pac 12, I believe.

This teams needs a Christina Fauria. We ******* need a player like that. Our TE situation has become dire, due to MCL and Walpole.

I DVR'd the game since I was out of the house this afternoon and when I arrived home, I was told the score by my parents who were babysitting not knowing I had avoided it all afternoon and was planning to watch the game when I came home. I was pretty pissed since I resisted all afternoon on checking the scores, but on the bright side I guess they're saving me 3 hours of my time since from the posts I'm reading it sounds like a frustrating game to watch.

From the complaints about the ref, to Amendola choking, to our 3rd and long defense, and even calling out Chandler, this game sounds like a complete clusterf#ck.

That o line....it needs some work and soon. Tom is not comfortable in that pocket.
Reportedly they brought back Nick McDonald for a looksee recently. Thanks, DaBruinz, for that info.

Anyone miss the tattooed do-everything man? I sure do. The interior of the line played poorly, esp. late in the game.

I agree with Kontradiction, though. Why did McDaniels go away from the severe Blount attack that was working in the first quarter. Josh is too pass happy. Our weapons are tilting more to the running attack with Ridley and Blount. And the Oline was run blocking just fine.

Josh, it wasn't you best called game.

I DVR'd the game since I was out of the house this afternoon and when I arrived home was told the score by my parents who were babysitting not knowing that I had avoided it all afternoon and was planning to watch the game. I was pretty pissed since I resisted all afternoon on checking the scores, but on the bright side I guess they're saving me 3 hours since from the posts I'm reading it sounds like a frustrating game to watch.

From the complaints about the ref, to Amendola choking, to our 3rd and long defense, and even calling out Chandler, this game sounds like a complete clusterf#ck.

the game wasn't like last week where the team just looked inept. today the D showed up and played well, especially in the first half. the offense moved the ball, but miscues killed them - Ghost's missed field goal and kicking the ball out of bounds, Amendola's drop, etc. this was a winnable game.

I DVR'd the game since I was out of the house this afternoon and when I arrived home, I was told the score by my parents who were babysitting not knowing I had avoided it all afternoon and was planning to watch the game when I came home. I was pretty pissed since I resisted all afternoon on checking the scores, but on the bright side I guess they're saving me 3 hours of my time since from the posts I'm reading it sounds like a frustrating game to watch.

Except Amendola didn't choke, he played a great game. I would take about 75% of what you read on here after a loss and throw it into the garbage bin. It's mostly everyone venting and not really the truth of what actually happened.

Thanks, Brother Froob. I knew a bit about his nephew. Played TE in college in the Pac 12, I believe.

This teams needs a Christina Fauria. We ******* need a player like that. Our TE situation has become dire, due to MCL and Walpole.

We had one. In, fact we had two. One is in jail the other is out for the season. If we had another I'm sure he'd be recovering from a serious injury.

Amendola didn't choke. He was the reason we were in this game.

Amendola's drop

It's not a drop when a defender knocks it out of your hands

This is a drop

welker.gif

I DVR'd the game since I was out of the house this afternoon and when I arrived home, I was told the score by my parents who were babysitting not knowing I had avoided it all afternoon and was planning to watch the game when I came home. I was pretty pissed since I resisted all afternoon on checking the scores.
Same thing in a Magnum PI episode for the Army-Navy game.

The English-sounding dude spilled the beans, giving the score. Navy won.

Keenan Allen and Cordarelle Patterson agree with you. Dobson get the eff back on the field, we passed on some good WRs for you.

It takes a player with a high football IQ to succeed in the Patriots offense. No guarantee Allen or Patterson had it.

Not all good players will do well on every team.

It's not a drop when a defender knocks it out of your hands

This is a drop

welker.gif

You deserved to be banned for that :p

You can't win them all.

Tough ask in Baltimore next week.

I've just seen Solder was injured, who played LT and what did the O-line look like to finish the game?

You deserved to be banned for that :p

You can't win them all.

Tough ask in Baltimore next week.

I've just seen Solder was injured, who played LT and what did the O-line look like to finish the game?

The oline is trash. When it was 10-17, we settled for a FG inside the 10. Hooman just got open but what happened, the oline let a player run free right to Brady. Causing him to rush a pass.

We had one. In, fact we had two. One is in jail the other is out for the season. If we had another I'm sure he'd be recovering from a serious injury.
MCL and Walpole. Get it? Hey, we either laugh or cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back