PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Patriots rookie jersey numbers

Wow, didn't see the #87 coming but I honestly prefer when numbers stay unretired. There are too many out of circulation as it is, especially on this team which blew its load on retiring numbers before actually winning rings.

I’d prefer Barmore in a “90s” number, but as long as he’s productive, he can wear Q for all I care.
It'll probably change in September after final cuts. There was literally nothing available for him to take in the 90s as of today.

It'll probably change in September after final cuts. There was literally nothing available for him to take in the 90s as of today.
Ah ok..appreciate that.

Pats stopped retiring numbers IIRC. Bruce Armstrong was the last. So 87 was available I guess. Still seems kinda petty they'd reissue it.

I would think an exception would have to be made for #12....

Pats stopped retiring numbers IIRC. Bruce Armstrong was the last. So 87 was available I guess. Still seems kinda petty.

I would think an exception would have to be made for #12....

Petty isn't the right word. Petty implies they did it on purpose to spite Gronk. If you have to put a negative spin on it, I think the worst you can say is they're indifferent. Like, they're gonna run their operation and they're not going to get sentimental about every good player that's come through.

Not cool to issue #87. Greatest TE ever and one of the best players the franchise has ever had.

Tedy Bruschi was arguably a bigger piece of the Patriots, and two years after he retired Brian Waters was wearing #54. This is the third year Gronk is off the team. You can't hold these numbers hostage forever.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back