PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread Wildcard Weekend- Titans @ Patriots

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super stoked to watch this new Professor X in space TV show.

I promised myself after the 6th championship that I'd finally start relaxing during these games and my heart is about to explode , its not even the 3rd quarter yet

Tonight, Brady is easily our best player.

Yep. This isn't on Brady tonight. If this team gets an elite # 1 receiver. And somehow finds a stud TE, Brady should return. But BB needs to realize that a 43 year old QB won't be able to carry them like he once did.

I like the way the O has been so far, now if only the D can stop Henry. I don't think Ryan can keep throwing and win. The D will need to create a negative play like a sack and fumble of a pick or something . Tannehill has been sacked a lot this season and yet we have none.

I'm always amazed when I remember that posts like these are made by middle aged adults.

And on average around here, “middle aged” is generous.

Derrick Henry is bulldozing the Pats defense right now. I say we need to sign Henry in free agency and then draft a good OL. Pats offense would improve by 100%. Normally I'm not a huge fan of paying money to halfbacks, but he's only 25 today and we will get him for his age 26-30 season assuming a 5 year deal. Those will be his best years and would revive a struggling Patriots offense.

Not a lot of testicular fortitude on display in this thread right now. Were any of you around for 28-3? If so, I’m surprised you didn’t off yourselves.
Wait till tomorrow.

If they go down this place will thin out like a Christmas tree farm in February

To me this will be the turning point if Tennessee wins. I'm starting to wonder if Brady has made McDaniels look better than he is through the years.

Another play was using Roberts as a running back on that 3rd down stop when we have Burkhead running downhill or White for run/pass receiving options.

The second half is all about stopping Derrick Henry. If we stop him, we win. If not, it's the off season.

TB simply does not trust any receiver, period.
Freaking, hands of stone!!!
Aside from Watsons catch, WTF??

Just catch the F'n ball!!!

Not crazy of McD's play calling. Pretty obvious what he is doing to sometimes.

The worse Red Zone play execution I've seen in a very long time.
I hate being so spoiled.

Really need a stop to start the 3rd quarter.

The defense is probably gonna need to cause a turnover at some point.

Considering Tennessee is never a passing they have to force Henry to fumble which I don't know if that's going to happen.

Ugh ****ing ugh. I was at that game and that was what I was feeling coming into this one, that it could be one of our worst showings since that game.

Overall though, we're showing none of the gutlessness of that team. But yeah we're gonna have to put our DBs on the button and cheat up someone to stop Henry or we're very likely going to be down by 8 in short order.

White out leading wr. I am guessing Edelman is being doubled.

Anyone angry at that first half is only hate watching so they can ***** about it. Why would you expect anything different? They weren’t going to come out with their front 7 and hold Henry to 12 yards. This is what this team is, they will play tight, tough games that will be decided by a few plays/mistakes. Outrun, outlast, (hit em quick get out fast)

Hopefully they’ll get a stop coming out of the half and can get to running the ball again. Other than at the GL on that drive the offense has looked good. I am not a McD hater but it seems like sometimes they either go 3 pass or 3 runs in those scenarios and that’s a bit frustrating. They were doing a good job moving the all downfield on the ground so I can understand the impulse to want to pop in the end zone on the team that you’ve been told is the more physical unit.

We have sucked at goal line all year, especially in tight formations. When we got to the one I had no confidence of scoring. We need to spread them out and run
That's what we used to do, and successfully. Put Edes, Burk, White and Harry. Look for a quick hit to any of the first three or Harry at the back of the EZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft