PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Week 17 Dolphins @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady seemed content to run out the clock. That was unGOAT-like.

Our receivers aren’t the fastest, they don’t have the best hands, and they aren’t the best at beating man coverage. We know that. But they do respect the hell out of women. And that’s admirable. So if you guys are down, just look at the bright side.

So BB has NO confidence in his offense whatsoever and doesn’t want to give ball back to opponents with too much time left!?....Got it!
Correct.

mm just great...
I'm looking forward to the "strategic 3 and out" to start the 2nd half

Well you get the ball on the 25 with a kickoff but if you punt then stop them maybe you get it at the 40, which is better than a first down

The bigger question is what the hell is going on in the league with some of these halftime scores. I love hate the weekly picks.

WTF. Trent Green just lied through his teeth.. The Pats 1st SB was won without the bye. .
No they didn't, Pats were the 2 seed in 2001

Is this deference to Brady's age. They've been doing this of late with plenty of time and time outs to spare... Not what we've done up to this year--or maybe up to the second half of this year. Boring and not BB or Brady ball. I don't get it.
Yes you are probably right....BB doesn’t trust O right now and that’s troubling

BTW, Brady’s throw to Dorsett was with a guy falling in his lap, without stepping into it, and he still dropped a dime.

Physically he’s still got it.

I think the team is going to get quite the half time speech/yelling at

I'm guessing Bill didn't feel confident enough in the offense (despite the TD) to allow for a 2 minute drive at the end of the 1st half.

It's not an either/or though, they can do both

Obviously some of the things they were doing were not working. You came back from 10, defense has forced 3 punts in a row. You get the ball. Why try to force something you dont have to? Go into halftime, make your adjustments and come out and win, vs having a freak play put Miami up again.

Yes you are probably right....BB doesn’t trust O right now and that’s troubling
That's how this team is built. Defense, running and the occasional pass. Tom's elbow might be tender. Who knows

Pats get the ball. LFG

Relax guys!! Bill is saving this juggernaut offense against the Ravens at AFC Championships :):):)

The way the game started I’ll gladly take 10-10 getting the ball to start the 2nd.

Yeah, if nothing else take one shot downfield to Harry or Sanu. What's the downside, that it gets picked and Fitzmagic leads a huge clutch 2 minute drill? I'll take those odds
No downside is it gets picked for six, and we go in at halftime down a TD instead of tied.

You like that? You cra cra.

Whoever boos here should be banned from Gilette for a couple years. What a bunch of entitled assholes.
Fans attending the game have a right to boo since they’re laying out at least $250 per person

I’m at home and I cursed at brady more than once. He played horribly the first half. If we still had Garappalo, I’d be hoping he’d come in

That’s not blasphemy, it’s a natural response

I have a BIG problem with what the Pats did at the end of the half. They COULD have had the ball with about 1.45 and 2 TO's. In the last 20 years, when IF EVER, did the Pats choose to run the clock out.

This isn't the Pats that I recognize. Maybe its just Bill punishing his team for such a horrendous first half

OT: Hope everyone had a great Christmas. Happy New Year as well.

So BB has NO confidence in his offense whatsoever and doesn’t want to give ball back to opponents with too much time left!?....Got it!

That’s not what I asserted, so that seems to be your analysis. I’m not sure I agree with your analysis.

I doubt BB has “no” confidence in the offense. Rather, in that situation he felt it was in the best interest of the team to finish off the half without risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes