PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread Week 15 - Pats @ Steelers

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to put a lock on this thread.

This team is not sniffing anything close to the super bowl.

I still hold on to the fact that 90s Bills were the last Super Bowl losers to ever return the following season, so it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't.

They’ve been decent lately. Listen, they allowed 17 points and the team had 14 penalties - mostly on O... that’s insane

Bruh. They had a 3rd string bum slicing it for over 120 yards.

Even if they make it to the play offs I hope they lose. They are a flawed team.
Brady has reached the cliff and is slowly descending. The talent on this team is questionable.

Defense has give up 14.

Exactly. I was not clear in my statements. I’m saying that the defense came up great today just like special teams last week. This offense is killing us.

Too bad, because this team is loaded on offense. Gronk is good as retired Edelman isn't getting any younger, Hogan is as good as gone, etc.

I can't envision the roster getting any better than this, next year.

14 penalties. 7 false starts. Bad football being played.
Yes, Yes, Yes,

This team hasn't played great, but the stupid mistakes are HUUUUGE!!

I know ppl don't like the ref excuse. And I agree.
But damn, it was swayed one way the last few weeks.

It is boneheaded mistakes, but there were incidental touches and ticky tacky calls, and other blatant penalties not called elsewhere.

Whatever, IIWII.

The good thing is, I'm not angry (at the team) anymore. LOL.

Just because nothing happened doesn't mean that the Pats didn't try.
Well, again, with having 6 picks in the first 100 selections, it’s reasonable to wonder if it may have been worth overpaying for a position of such obvious need.

Hell, there’s still a chance they’ll bring in some jag off the streets in the next week or two.

Edelman and Gronk are washed up. Amendola would be caught every single of those passes. He was worth whatever price. God, I miss him.

Well, again, with having 6 picks in the first 100 selections, it’s reasonable to wonder if it may have been worth overpaying for a position of such obvious need.

Hell, there’s still a chance they’ll bring in some jag off the streets in the next week or two.

Draft defense and use $ in FA for offense....except maybe a QB ..... Clayton Thorson in rounds 2 or 3

Edelman and Gronk are washed up. Amendola would be caught every single of those passes. He was worth whatever price. God, I miss him.
Amendola dropped a pass right in his hands on the 2 yard line today that would have put the Dolphins right in the game, Stop it. We're all pissed and disappointed. I love Danny. But ,he wouldn't make any difference on this team right now.

Amendola dropped a pass right in his hands on the 2 yard line today that would have put the Dolphins right in the game, Stop it. We're all pissed and disappointed. I love Danny. But ,he wouldn't make any difference on this team right now.

Amendola ALWAYS came up huge for us on 3rd and 4th downs. Always was clutch and just overall tough.

Unless Gronk and Edelman miraculously redeem themselves in the playoffs, they're about as washed up as can be. Gronk hasn't been the same since he wasn't allowed to be treated by Guerrero anymore.

He's been on the decline since after the Super Bowl. I remember when he would maul defenders in his path. All those talks about him wanting to join pro wrestling look more and more like they were true.

This thread is getting funny.

Amendola ALWAYS came up huge for us on 3rd and 4th downs. Always was clutch and just overall tough.

Unless Gronk and Edelman miraculously redeem themselves in the playoffs, they're about as washed up as can be. Gronk hasn't been the same since he wasn't allowed to be treated by Guerrero anymore.

He's been on the decline since after the Super Bowl. I remember when he would maul defenders in his path. All those talks about him wanting to join pro wrestling look more and more like they were true.
You're sidestepping the very issue you brought up. Danny Amendola was an extraordinary clutch receiver while here. He isn't anymore. He's now extraordinarily overpaid. We get it. You're frustrated as we all are. Danny would not have helped one iota today. This Pats team is a good team. Not great, not ever making it to the SB this year. My prediction is a home win on wild card weekend, then a road loss and bye bye. The team will be rebuilt in the off season and be a SB contender next year, assuming reasonable health. Not this season.

Some people need to look at the ‘68-69 Celtics. Does not always happen that way, but it can. And that was a very veteran team putting in one last run - similar to what might happen here - hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back