PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Saints @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I want to see today, besides a win.

1) Mac to show me something more. Put together 1 drive where he makes a couple legit A+ plays and ends in 7.
2) Taylor to flash. I like Harris as do all of us, but he isn't the solution alone. He can't carry that load himself. We need another back who can pop off. JJ will get a chance today to show he can be that guy.
3) The OL to put it together today as best they can without Brown. This group needs to step up.
4) Barmore to take another step. If we want this defense to go where we believe it can, we need him to become a force.
5 Both tight ends need to play more and better. Even for what I expected they are under performing, and I didn't expect as much as most people. I saw them both for the over paid 2nd tier guys who got first tier money they were. But right now both are playing as 3rd tier guys. They need to do better. As much as they should be feature in this offense, both should be on pace for career years, particular considering the extra game. Hunter is not. Smith is, but only because he was being under used. He should absolutely blow away his former totals, but he won't. Both are on pace for around 600 yards in 17 games. It should be more like 800 for each. that would be 33% more production. I think both can do it.

Cameron Jordan vs. RT is going to end drives today. Please give them help.

They have easy solution with Onwenu proven many times last yr but somehow this year they want to outsmart themselves.

Its really baffling how last year it was always best 5 men on the field philosophy with many guys playing 3 positions over the season and this year with more depth (Karras) its suddenly strict one position philosophy that already costed them important game - all by the same coaching staff.

They have easy solution with Onwenu proven many times last yr but somehow this year they want to outsmart themselves.

Its really baffling how last year it was always best 5 men on the field philosophy with many guys playing 3 positions over the season and this year with more depth (Karras) its suddenly strict one position philosophy that already costed them important game - all by the same coaching staff.
They’re probably going to have to double cam Jordan.

No Brown is a significant loss for NE, going to have to chip Jordan or else Mac will get killed.

Jameis Winston has the most int for any qb since 2018. The key on defense is to shut down the run and force Winston to throw. Run defense has been garbage lately

The TEs we drafted cannot stay healthy

Hoping for:

1. Improved line play (offensive and defensive).​
2. Bringing down Kamara on first contact​
3. Not giving Harris run-back opportunities​
4. No turnovers.​

Have fun everybody, and ... Go Pats!

Yeah, at first I was okay with prioritizing continuity at the other 4 OL positions but I think our backup RTs have demonstrated the line will probably still play better when guys are moving around as long as it's Karras taking the field and not Herron or Durant.

I also think it's weird that the Patsfans hivemind forgot that we moved OL positions around all the time prior to this season and spent the last few weeks acting like it would absolutely shatter the line chemistry and there's no precedent for it.

after the Miami game, Damien Harris should go to sleep holding that football

Trufant being out could be sneaky important. They've been playing a rookie there the last 2 weeks and will be forced to do so again (Adebo). I haven't read anything particularly bad or good about him, but a rookie DB is usually a weak link.

Go pats, smack them aints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back