PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Vikings (Thanksgiving game)

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have to start thinking maybe all the struggles Mac Jones had in the first half of the season wasn’t all on him. Maybe if the o-line could block like they are tonight and receivers can open like they are tonight that maybe no one would be questioning Jones.

Jones seems healthy too because he is definitely moving around extending plays far better since he has come back from the injury.

Gotta shot. Besides the brain farts at the end of the half, I'm disappointed Pats haven't gotten a sack yet.

Mac looking better throwing the ball the last 2 weeks. Just need Patricia to grow as an oc.

This is a good sign for the rest of the season because none of the remaining opponents have D's as good as the Jets or even the Colts.

Raiders and Cardinals are garbage, on par with the Vikings. Dolphins are not much better. Bengals and Bills can be good but are not nearly as strong as Mac's opponents in the last 3 games.

Should be an interesting push for the playoffs.

I want to know how we get “decisive Mac” all the time and not just sometimes.
I'd like to see a view of his progressions on each play to see if he's going to his 2nd/3rd reads instead of Patricia calling a better game this go around and Mac just hitting his 1st read a lot. Mac is definitely playing better as is his OL (probably related), but seeing if he's just hitting the designed pattern in a dumbed down system would be less inspiring vs. him actually progressing through his reads better.

People have to start thinking maybe all the struggles Mac Jones had in the first half of the season wasn’t all on him. Maybe if the o-line could block like they are tonight and receivers can open like they are tonight that maybe no one would be questioning Jones.

Jones seems healthy too because he is definitely moving around extending plays far better since he has come back from the injury.
It’s not all on the OL ….macs decision making and poor reads/check downs is still major issue…..but tonight he is performing better and OL is giving him a bit more time too

Don't play one of the league's better D's.

You beat me to it.
I don't QUITE agree. BB runs the clock down a bit because he needs to be sure that the Vikes don't get the ball back before half time. That is his FIRST obligation. Once the ball crosses the 50 THEN time is critical, and Mac made the mistake of not getting rid of the ball and that cost us 20 seconds and could have n given us 2 more stabs at the endzone.

Could have been better could have been worse. Plays the really cost the Pats

The Stevenson drop on a play they could have been a big one.

The Stevenson stumble on a play that should have gotten a first down

THe Duggar blowing an EASY coverage on the last Vikes TD. that one was obvious. He should have just hit him and blew up the timing.

Mac not throwing the ball away. (not bad for the best first half of football he's had this season.

Jefferson has make at least THREE remarkable catches that otherwise would have ended drives so far. He and Hockenson have been the only real offense the Vikes had in that first quarter. And of course our one CB drop.

I thought it was Tirico but my volume is a bit low.
Mine too, till someone advised me to drink more cranberry juice, it's good for the kidneys.

Good O-Line is a start but I really think the whole Zappe thing had made his funk even worse. And the bye helped Mac reset things to what he should be.

Mac is playing much different tonight. It's not just the line, Mac figured something out

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
It was very good. 12-15 (80%) for 148 and a TD. If he can stay at that level they’ll make the playoffs and have a chance. At least one of his incompletions was a drop and another was a spike.
I thought the last incompletion was PI, corner face guarded and never looked back for the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down