PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Vikings (Thanksgiving game)

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a half mile walk to the stadium and a triple digit temperature.

Struggling today

This game Lives or dies with this offensive line. Gotta be better than we’ve seen

defense will be fine

<<deep cleansing breath>>

It's sad when there are like 40 different jokes to be had about Bill Murray's elevation, yet I can't muster a single one.

Bill Murray walks into a bar when the phone rings..

Struggling today
I agree - drink plenty of fluids and don't push it. Totally not worth it :(

I have been down on Mac and his future after his performance this season. However, here is an alternative (and hopefully correct) view.

1. He started the season with a new OC and new offense. He needed time to get comfortable.
2. When he came back from injury, he has faced 2 of the better defenses in the league and a nasty wind storm.

Tonight, he is facing one of the league's weaker D's and no weather conditions. If it's going to happen, it will happen tonight. Mac will be unleashed and quiet the naysayers for now!

I don't really fully believe what I just wrote, but it is plausible. Mac!
Well, I think he played pretty well last week.
But I’m not sure I place the games with our battered and struggling OL as the “if it’s gonna happen it happens now” games.

Last edited:
Well, I think he played pretty well last week.
But I’m not sure I place the games with our battered and struggling OL as the “if it’s gonna happen it happens now” games.

He didn't suck last week, especially given the wind and the quality of D. But "pretty well" is too high of praise for a 3 point effort.

The Vikings have a much weaker D. If it doesn't happen tonight, it's not going to happen. I expect Mac to play much better tonight.

Struggling today
Why are you going, then? Stay home and rest. I just got over whatever that is. It’s a b.itch.

I wish Dallas didn't blow the Vikings out like they did... I expect Minny to bring their A game today except for maybe Cousins since it's prime time.

He has his pre game ritual, I have mine...

View attachment 47622

;)
My pregame ritual…

tumblr_lhcypl03jm1qgcvg9o1_r1_400.gif

Unfortunately, my gut says that this being a Thu game greatly benefits the Vikes.

Thu games are much more about one on one matchups. Not the best approach for this Patriots team on the offensive side of the equation.

There isn't time to put in full game plans, time to shore up your own weak points and figure out how to exploit theirs. It's how well you can fundamentally execute and maximize the athletic vs a test of both brains and brawn. It's being able to soundly execute plays you've already practiced.

In that circumstance, the Patriots woes likely continue on offense especially looking at 1-on-1 matchups on the OL (especially now RT).

Given a regular week, I'd REALLY love to see this matchup as I do think there are things that the Patriots could take advantage of and see how this Patriots entire team actually matches up against a playoff caliber club.
The BAD news is that there are fewer documented disadvantages greater than being the road team of a thursday night game. The good news is that historically Bill is very good at these short week game preparations.

Here are my 4 keys to victory.

1. Cut the sacks in half to 3 or less

2. Cut the penalty yardage in half from last week

3. Score at least 2 TDs

4. And this one is paramount for EVERY game, win the TO battle

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back