PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Vikings (Thanksgiving game)

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! Thought I would start this thread early today. Another big game coming off a huge win against the Jets. Let's keep the momentum going. Our defense has been lights out, we need to keep it going.

Our offense has to be better. Going to be interesting to see what our O-line looks like tonight. One thing for sure is we need to be more consistent up front. Will keep an eye on Andrews and see if he's a go.

Of course hoping for no injuries!!!!

Go Pats!!!!!!!

Let's discuss!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, my gut says that this being a Thu game greatly benefits the Vikes.

Thu games are much more about one on one matchups. Not the best approach for this Patriots team on the offensive side of the equation.

There isn't time to put in full game plans, time to shore up your own weak points and figure out how to exploit theirs. It's how well you can fundamentally execute and maximize the athletic vs a test of both brains and brawn. It's being able to soundly execute plays you've already practiced.

In that circumstance, the Patriots woes likely continue on offense especially looking at 1-on-1 matchups on the OL (especially now RT).

Given a regular week, I'd REALLY love to see this matchup as I do think there are things that the Patriots could take advantage of and see how this Patriots entire team actually matches up against a playoff caliber club.

Just a quick note: I’m going to encourage the use of the “Mute” button tonight as I’d like to see us utilize the features to self-police these live threads, especially with it being a holiday. So let’s try to not go too nuts if things get rough, but hopefully that won’t be the case :cool:

The defense has to play outstanding for the Patriots to win. The offense just has to not lose the football game - that means we can't afford turnovers or that's all she wrote.

My scenario for a Patriots win would be to control the clock, run the ball well, make the Vikings work for every yard they get.

Let's say the Pats can nurse a 13-10 lead into the 4th quarter, Cousins throws a pick, the defense runs it back for 6. With that 20-10 lead, the Patriots then have to just kill out the clock. Now is our offense capable of at least 13 points all by themselves? Really hard to say that with confidence given their play this season but that's the minimum they need to score to give the defense a chance to win it.

Just a quick note: I’m going to encourage the use of the “Mute” button tonight as I’d like to see us utilize the features to self-police these live threads, especially with it being a holiday. So let’s try to not go too nuts if things get rough, but hopefully that won’t be the case :cool:
A drunken GDT forum, can't wait!

So if Andrews plays...do we think it's Brown, Strange, Andrews, Ferentz, Onwenu?

I have been down on Mac and his future after his performance this season. However, here is an alternative (and hopefully correct) view.

1. He started the season with a new OC and new offense. He needed time to get comfortable.
2. When he came back from injury, he has faced 2 of the better defenses in the league and a nasty wind storm.

Tonight, he is facing one of the league's weaker D's and no weather conditions. If it's going to happen, it will happen tonight. Mac will be unleashed and quiet the naysayers for now!

I don't really fully believe what I just wrote, but it is plausible. Mac!

Don't think Andrews is going to play tonight. This isn't a good sign:

He popped into my mind last game when I was racking my brain about "next man up" and I wasn't sure if he was on the ps still. Scary having a guy elevated to the roster who's only played 4 months at OL, but we may have to see what he's got.

Hell, Stephen Neal did it.

In that circumstance, the Patriots woes likely continue on offense especially looking at 1-on-1 matchups on the OL (especially now RT).

This is why I can't take you doom and gloomers seriously. Cousins was pressured on something like 60% of this passes Sunday. So if you think the OL is at a disadvantage then you must surely think their's is too, especially missing their best OLman

They are also down a couple of CBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots