PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Raiders

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
Thought I would start this thread early today as it's such a big game. Going to be a tough one as well. Raiders have all their offensive weapons back today, our defense is going to need to play big. We also need better blocking by our O-line, if our line can block them, we'll be able to make plays down the field.

Barmore should be back and will bolster our D-line. Keep unleashing Uche!!!!!!!!! 8-6 would be great .Miami losing yesterday helped us, now we need to win and play better.

Of course, hoping for no injuries. It was a great win last week that we needed and the trolls were nowhere to be seen or heard.

Go Pats!!!!!!

Let's discuss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, hoping to see Barmore back and also effective.
P.S. There are trolls here, surely not lol

Line has moved 3 points to the Raiders since yesterday. Fwiw.

A more healthy Brown should be able to handle Chandler Jones on the L. But, whether McDermott or Cajuste at RT, we'll need help with Crosby all day. Meaning, TE will be often staying in to block. Meaning, our WR's will have to win consistently - and be blocking well in another screen-happy game. After seeing what Mayfield did in the 2-min against that secondary, they should play spread uptempo - but MP is too scared for that, so prepare for another frustrating day of uninspired offense.

Pats have only allowed 3 1st quarter TDs this season, 0-3 in those games. Raiders have scored only 5 1st quarter TDs they are 1-4 in those games

If there was a prop for no 1st quarter TDs I might hammer it.

A more healthy Brown should be able to handle Chandler Jones on the L. But, whether McDermott or Cajuste at RT, we'll need help with Crosby all day. Meaning, TE will be often staying in to block. Meaning, our WR's will have to win consistently - and be blocking well in another screen-happy game. After seeing what Mayfield did in the 2-min against that secondary, they should play spread uptempo - but MP is too scared for that, so prepare for another frustrating day of uninspired offense.
I was definitely crapping on Brown the last couple weeks, but now understanding how sick he really was and he was just playing through it due to the lack of depth makes me appreciate him a lot more, and I feel a little guilty about giving him a hard time. Hopefully we can see him return to form a little bit today.

They definitely need to help out on the other side of the line. It'd be good if Stevenson is mostly healthy since he's the best pass blocking back on the roster.

Even if Rhamondre is healthy enough to play they should feed the two rookie RB’s instead to get Stevenson right. The point of having depth is to use it.

I was reading this article earlier, I didn't realize the depth of issues the Raiders OL is dealing with right now. Eluemunor at RG? Rookie 7th rounder at RT? It sounds like Judon could have a field day since they don't have to worry about Carr being a rusher too much.

"If you thought the Patriots offensive line was a hodgepodge group at times this season, have a look at what the Raiders have dealt with. Alex Bars has already been ruled out for Sunday, which could bump former Patriots lineman Jermaine Eluemunor from right tackle to right guard. That may leave rookie seventh-round pick Thayer Munford Jr. to have to start out on the edge. Rookie third-rounder Dylan Parham is their starter at left guard and has had an up-and-down year, as has center James Andre."

Even if Rhamondre is healthy enough to play they should feed the two rookie RB’s instead to get Stevenson right. The point of having depth is to use it.

Patricia isn't good. Pierre Strong had 90 yards and 1 TD on 7 touches last week but watch Patricia not even use him. God forbid you use a RB that has the speed to hit the outside quick and cut it up field, especially with an OL playing sub-par.

Line has moved 3 points to the Raiders since yesterday. Fwiw.
Can someone please explain to a dummy why that would happen? A lot of betting on the Pats or…?

You all up in the Boston area, what channel are you showing the game on?

Headed out to the sports bar again to watch this one. Go Pats!

Can someone please explain to a dummy why that would happen? A lot of betting on the Pats or…?

It's usually a difference between public bettors (Joes) vs professional bettors (pros).

Joe Bettor generally bets small amounts. Professional bettors bet the big bucks.

It is common for 80%+ of bets being on one team because the public likes that team, while a majority of the actual money being bet is on the other team. This moves the line that direction.

In this case, the public bets were mostly on the Patriots. However, big money bets by the pros are on the Raiders. The books move the line to encourage more public bets to protect their liability.

They better give me a win for my birthday or I’ll be pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes