PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Against Chicago, in a game in which his play was said to show he has no future as a starter, Zappes qb rating was 67.4. Mac's rating today so far: 60.8. You might go on to examine their win/loss records, their turnovers, and so on.

This fan base is going to have a tough time during this rebuild. They're the type of crew that wants to win every game even if we end up winning 6-8 games. Lottery picks don't = success but middling around being mediocre is the worst thing you can do.
I mean, we call the Jets the Jete because they've spent a ton of draft picks, high ones too, on a zillion players, and it's gotten them nowhere, so you're right: high picks doesn't mean anything.

I see the play calling to end the half as having no faith in the QB to not throw an INT.
I agree but then what do they do in the second half? Not throw?

Lets see last year he was good enough to make the Pro Bowl as a rookie. That doesn't happen very often
NO

He was an alternate because the actual best QBs who were voted in declined to play.

That’s not my opinion. That’s a fact. Anyone with working eyes can see that the pocket is collapsing in front of, and around Mac. Maybe I should just keep posting the picture until you decide that this is a stupid hill to die on?

View attachment 46759
Trust me, you are banging your head against a brick wall here.

Well based on your posts in this thread, I can't even name your costume. Still Mac or bust?
Oh, its Mac, i like zap but he hasn't done enough to demonstrate hes better than jones. Jones has had to deal with a lot since he made the pro bowl last year. New system, new OC that hasn't done the job before no a Qb coach that is also the o-line coach and OC.

I totally agree with Bill playing for the field goal. He has zero confidence in Mac Jones and the OL. Who can blame him. They are both terrible.

Let’s see last year he was good enough to make the Pro Bowl as a rookie. That doesn't happen very often
The way he played towards the end of last season to present that could be his one and only probowl.

I get the shiny new toy syndrome Pats fans have especially when it comes to late round QBs but the coaching staff cannot **** around and start Zappe next half. Give your first round QB a chance here and don't keep ****ing him
I kind of agree, but at the same time, the first half of his "chance" this game has him throwing the ball directly to the defense for no reason in the red zone yet again. How much do we really need to see that?

Trust me, you are banging your head against a brick wall here.
The pocket collapses on every pass play in the NFL, you Mac apologists are numb.

Happy with the call, but damn,,,, that pick was concerning. What the heck was Mac seeing? I don't recall a pick that inexplicable since Bledsoe put it right on the numbers of an Linemans numbers in a playoff game. That was decades ago. I mean it was a freaking pitch and catch to the DB. WTF?
I have no idea what he was looking at either but it would’ve been nice for CBS to actually show a replay of the throw, perhaps instead of showing Mr. Clean screaming on the sideline. we apparently aren’t going to see a replay of any holding calls either.

I am not arguing whether he should have thrown the short pass or not. But this shows that the pockets wasn‘t collapsed when he threw. In fact from his point of view there is no way he could see Cannon whiffing on the block.
We've seen zappe internal clock and feel for the pocket avoid things like that

I have to say, I like Matt Patricia as a defensive coordinator.

But this?

This is bad play design.

I even like the play calls.

But the design is horrid.

I put this all on Patricia and Belichick.

I'm not putting this on Mac at all since this offense (WITH LESS TALENT) looked much better when he was running it last year.

We're 8 games in.

Patricia is, well, not cutting it as an OC.

Sure, some fans may give him a break because his playcalling looks decent.

But---the design is all screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand