PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Falcons

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge loss for ATL. He's been my favorite non Patriots player this year other than TB12.
They're so weak in the trenches too. Just do not have the discipline or talent down there to compete all game but we'll see. Falcons are a mess, this should be a W but we've all watched enough football to know they're are no gimmies.

Espn has interesting article on " most heartbreaking losses for every nfl team".
Atlanta's pretty obvious. But I was mildly surprised at the Patriots. They went with the 1976 playoff vs.Raiders,aka the Ben Dreith Game. As someone who endured that horror, it was by far the most devastating loss in Patriots history- until the 2007 SB. The '76 Patriots were the best team in the nfl, the Raiders were the 2nd best .The nfc was very weak and the Pats would've easily won their 1st SB. But I put the 2007 SB as the worst. I'm curious what other fans who watched the '76 game think. Not really interested in anyones opinion who wasnt a fan in '76- since youd have no basis for comparison. I suspect a lot of fans from '76 still rank that as the worst.
Yes, took me awhile to get over that one, I was 15 at the time. Who am I kidding I'm still not over it, 86 sucked big time too.

Espn has interesting article on " most heartbreaking losses for every nfl team".
Atlanta's pretty obvious. But I was mildly surprised at the Patriots. They went with the 1976 playoff vs.Raiders,aka the Ben Dreith Game. As someone who endured that horror, it was by far the most devastating loss in Patriots history- until the 2007 SB. The '76 Patriots were the best team in the nfl, the Raiders were the 2nd best .The nfc was very weak and the Pats would've easily won their 1st SB. But I put the 2007 SB as the worst. I'm curious what other fans who watched the '76 game think. Not really interested in anyones opinion who wasnt a fan in '76- since youd have no basis for comparison. I suspect a lot of fans from '76 still rank that as the worst.
I saw that Raider game... 16 years old at the time.

The Giants game was painful as hell... especially because of the 18-0... but the Giants came to play, and scored when they had to.

The thing that separates the Oakland game is the ref calls (roughing on Hamilton, which was bogus) and ref no-calls (Russ Francis was in a hammerlock all night, especially at the end). Felt like we were not beaten, but robbed.

But I'm totally over it now!!! :whistle:

I saw the ben dreith travisty, i got over that, i haven't gotten over the 2007 SB loss. It still affects me to this day. Every time i watch the end of the game where Seymour has Manning in his grasp for seemingly 5 minutes i expect to hear a whistle calling stopping play because Manning is in the grasp, and then he throws a duck thats caught by the giants player pinning against his helmet with rodney harrison draped all over him.

Last edited:
No Patterson is big. Back to back weeks of the opposing team's arguably best offensive weapon out. Have to take advantage.

Good luck tonight boys in blue... silver and red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back