PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread-Jets @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
Thought I would start this thread a little early because of how big this game is. We need our crowd to be LOUD today, make some noise if you're going to the game!!!!!

Catching up with some late breaking news yesterday, new punter Palardy, Bailey on IR. Field position could be huge today. We need our defense to continue to play well, we saw how important it is to get pressure on Zack Wilson. On offense, we can't afford any turnovers. Don't be surprised if we run some up tempo/no huddle.

Who's ready????????????????? Aa fans, these are the type of games that we wait all year for!!!

No trolls today!!!!!!!!!

Of course hoping for no injuries!!!!

Go Pats!!!!!

Let's discuss!!!!!!!!!!!

Another crucial game of this season
Huge difference between a W and a L

Make 14 !!!

Go Pats

With a lot of wind, I don't think they'll pass a ton... Depends how consistently bad it actually is.

Hopefully the elements favor us. They usually seem to other than rain sometimes . REALLY need this one and I think were in decent position

If we lose this one might as well focus on 2023.
Let’s see if Mac Jones talk about reevaluating everything helps him see wide open receivers.
The defense and run game need to be clutch the Jets are hungry,
As much as I want to show that Sauce Gardner isn’t in the hall of fame yet I am terrified for Jones to test him.
Let’s get out playmakers in space.
Would love a big game from Tyquan,
We saw Watkins wake up it’s time for Tyquan to show why we traded up to
Get him.
Would love a Jonnu Smith coming out party.
Let’s stop Wilson from making plays with his feet to extend plays.
This is a huge game from Mac Jones cause if he struggles mightily he has to hear Baileys footsteps creeping.
Concerned about our punting situation and protections and field position.

With a lot of wind, I don't think they'll pass a ton... Depends how consistently bad it actually is.

I'm thinking that open end isn't as potent as it used to be. It's somewhat blocked by now.. guess we'll see.

If it's windy it's advantage to us.

if the wind prevents, or rather the coach prevents Jones from passing because it's windy, it'll be another day of the Pats bashing their heads against the wall. someone in the media this week was talking about how the Pats have some ridiculously high % of running straight into stacked boxes (meaning they don't give Jones the chance to audible or he doesn't want to) and an extremely high rate of zero yard and negative plays.
there have been seasons, 2018 comes to mind, where the Pats have been able to line up, when the opponent knows they're going to run, and pound the rock for 150 yards a game and convert third downs all day
I'm afraid, with the extremely conservative play calling on offense, the Pats are going to have to become that team again or their chances at making the playoffs are very slim.
I don't care about the wind - they need to throw the ball within reason. I highly doubt this can be a 10 pass attempt victory.
Yeah, I mean as much as you do want to play appropriately for the weather, they're never going to go anywhere this season if they're afraid to throw the ball, and it's not going to be the last windy game in Gillette this season. If they've made adjustments over the bye to pass more, then do it... Wind be damned to a certain extent. Maybe curtail the depth of the passes if needed.

Let Mac throw it and see what you have during this stretch run of more difficult games heading towards the postseason. If you're going to go anywhere this year, he needs to be taken off the leash. It might not be beautiful but it has to happen. Their style of play the last few games, even with stellar defense, is solid .500 territory.

This game, like the last game, will come down to Zach Wilson. If he turns it over less, then we'll he in trouble.

Last edited:
This Parker trade has been more Sanuish and less Mossish.
Sanu had a very good game against WTF’s, got hurt and was never the same. I’ll wait till the end of the season till I judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes