PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Giants @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a much simpler way : win the SB. Flukey - at times - but the 2007 team had ample chance to flexing their offensive strength. All game long. They didn’t.

Injuries suck for any team even the greatest.

Winning the SB does not make you the better team. See the 2011 Ginats, 2007 Giants.. Or even the 2001 Pats

Makes you Super Bowl champions though. Or no?

2007 Pats better than the 2018 Pats
I don't want to clog up this thread with that debate.

I'll just say this: Over the last 9 games, they were not close to being what they were during the first 10.

He might be back. I would love that if he was.
Wow Kraft just said Gronk could still be back LOL

giphy.gif

Makes you Super Bowl champions though. Or no?
yes it does. But not best football team that year or across years...

Example 87 Celtics MUCH better than 76 Celtics, or the mid 90s Rockets.

EDIT: Point is winning the championship does not necessarily you are the better team. Or better across other seasons.

@TommyD4207 demonstrably. I'm not even sure how you could defend disagreeing

Last edited:
Winning the SB does not make you the better team. See the 2011 Ginats, 2007 Giants.. Or even the 2001 Pats
I disagree. If you do all your homework during the semester, yet fail the final exam - no one is going to say you did great.

I understand your position and agree, to extent, with your logic. However, I see the goal as Winning the SB. So, if the draft, training camp, 16 games, and the playoffs aren’t “in order to win the SB”, then what is it for ? To brag that “we were REALLY the best team, but”. BUT. But you didn’t achieve the goal. I agree that the 2007 was exceptional, but I cannot accept that a non-SB champ can ever be considered #1. You couldn’t even get the ONE goal accomplished. It’s the ONLY thing. Win the SB. If you are a bad team, built TOWARD the SB. Nothing else matters.

I don't want to clog up this thread with that debate.

I'll just say this: Over the last 9 games, they were not close to being what they were during the first 10.

OMG

The human Patriot's wikipedia won't lay down some facts on that dude?

I'm lost. We're all lost.

BTW- Just checked the weather forecast and it looks like the fans have dodged a bullet. At its worst (11pm) the hourly forecast is only 50% rain, and the winds around 15MPH- Not bad for the players or the fans

I disagree. If you do all your homework during the semester, yet fail the final exam - no one is going to say you did great.

I understand your position and agree, to extent, with your logic. However, I see the goal as Winning the SB. So, if the draft, training camp, 16 games, and the playoffs aren’t “in order to win the SB”, then what is it for ? To brag that “we were REALLY the best team, but”. BUT. But you didn’t achieve the goal. I agree that the 2007 was exceptional, but I cannot accept that a non-SB champ can ever be considered #1. You couldn’t even get the ONE goal accomplished. It’s the ONLY thing. Win the SB. If you are a bad team, built TOWARD the SB. Nothing else matters.
It's actually just a fact to be perfectly honest with you. (that winning the SB does not prove you are the best team in the league. In actuality you are demonstrably wrong on this.)

But I don't want to debate this issue.

It's the only thing that matters... You don't want to be the regular season winner.. no one remembers you

yes it does. But not best football team that year or across years...

Example 87 Celtics MUCH better than 76 Celtics, or the mid 90s Rockets.

EDIT: Point is winning the championship does not necessarily you are the better team. Or better across other seasons.

Just an ABsurd argument.

Just an ABsurd argument.
totally wrong Tony. In fact it is demonstrably wrong with simple logic and facts

Edit: and I mean very simple logic and facts

EDIT: @DaBruinz Demonstrably wrong

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back