PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Bills @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the bye, there's nothing that says that should beat when the Raiders.
Yeah, I'm not optimistic against any match-up going forward. Haven't seen anything inspiring confidence

24 through 46 minutes. That was a 96 yard drive.

We give up stuff underneath.

They have Diggs and a few guys on the perimeter. That's it. And the plus of putting someone on McKenzie & the RB is if Allen tries to run, you're already there. Flood that space. Put 2 on Diggs.

Gabe Davis isn't going to hurt you. Khalil Shakir isn't going to hurt you.

They can hurt you enough to beat you. They’re not elite but good enough, picture this Patriots WR corp with a top 3 WR, Meyers and Parker could be good enough to move the ball

No way Mac will ever be in Josh's league, but that does not necessarily imply that Mac is, notwithstanding this, even "good enough." While there is always the caveat that his real merit cannot show itself under the incompetent Fat Matt, I have seen NO evidence for a year or so that Mac is even a notch or two below Josh. Mac seems firmly in the "just good enough to be a respectable loser " category, the sort of drone who can lock a franchise in frustration for years, if you are not decisive enough simply to move on. He's good, and he's obviously s nice enough fella, but is he good enough? So far, I don't see it.
God love, ya, but you still have to find the guy. Like I said, if Mac stays the way he is and Zappe ends up being Taylor Heineke, we're basically right there with what the rest of the league is dealing with.

The playcalling/design is an issue. That overhead, which I'm surprised we were finally shown (terrible production) was a little damning given the situation.

Wonder if we get some Zappe mop up time.

They really have Matt Patricia as the offensive coordinator lol.

And the best part is Bill will double down and run it back lol.

That’s an Aaron Rodgers mindset. Take a shot and throw into contested coverage. At this point not much difference between a punt and a pick. Who knows maybe the wr makes a play or we get a DPI.

None of the receivers even looked to be looking back for the ball. What good would throwing down the field if the receivers are covered and not looking back for the ball.

Announcers nailing it. Every level of this offense is just inconsistent. When the line, playcalling and QB are clicking things look good. Tonight one of them is ****ed on most plays.

Our last place New England Patriots defense, led by the very qualified-for-the-job Steve Belichick, defensive maven, did their forced a few punts. They should grab a coffee and a smoke and sit the rest of the game out. I don’t want them to hurt themselves.

Vikings have a really meh defense and one of the worst red zone defenses.

It isn't really fair to compare that game to the Patriots potential as much as it's an indication of where the Vikings are at.

Nice tackle.

Totally cowardly to punt there. BB has no guts, I’m sorry. He is protecting the score to be blown out even worse.

Exactly, its like he’s begging mcdermott to just run the clock out than to actually fight. Shameful

None of the receivers even looked to be looking back for the ball. What good would throwing down the field if the receivers are covered and not looking back for the ball.
What good would completing a pass well short of the sticks and punting do at this point?

I need to fold laundry

Forced 3 punts tonight. That has to count for something. Not quite banner worthy, but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots