PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Free Agency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experience, too. Probably a safe bet that Harrison has played at least twice as many snaps as the rest of the Pats DL combined. The 2017 DL included two rookies, a practice-squadder playing his first-ever defensive snaps, and a 3rd-year player who missed his rookie season on IR.

Harrison was probably also the most consistent guy in edge-contain in the entire front-7 (again, lack of experience among the LBs who were available to play on the outside).

I haven't quite looked at that angle of the SB footage yet (and really dont want to) but just from memory I think there us an argument to be made that with a 2gapper on the field Trey Flowers would have sacked Foles at least two times. Once on fourth down.

Like others have said yesterday. On some level it is difficult to eval the rushing performance if DEs had pretty little support in the trenches.

I haven't quite looked at that angle of the SB footage yet (and really dont want to) but just from memory I think there us an argument to be made that with a 2gapper on the field Trey Flowers would have sacked Foles at least two times. Once on fourth down.

Like others have said yesterday. On some level it is difficult to eval the rushing performance if DEs had pretty little support in the trenches.
Yeah I guess it’s unfair to say Flowers didn’t create pressure. He certainly did too.

His missed sack on Foles during that key fourth and one in the 4th was just killer though. Could’ve sealed the game for the Pats.

Yeah I guess it’s unfair to say Flowers didn’t create pressure. He certainly did too.

His missed sack on Foles during that key fourth and one in the 4th was just killer though. Could’ve sealed the game for the Pats.

The guard (or center?) giving him that one little extra push as Flowers was passing him by won the Eagles the game. I think I rewinded that scene about 40x always hoping for a different outcome. Same as Bradys strip/sack.

Those two scenes were the microcosm of the entire game. Almost identical scene, one team makes the play the other comes a few hundred milliseconds too late.

Now put a player like Shelton in there..

DRC would be a really good fit here.

Aside from the fact that he turns 32 in less than a month, he's always been a freelancer, his play went into steep decline last season, and he refused to take a pay cut from $6.5M (which the Pats can't afford) - sure, he'd be a great fit.

@Brady_to_Moss

DRC would be a really good fit here.

He isn't a strong tackler - BB values that a lot more than many other teams. I don't see it.

Someone give me the scoop on Ryan Lewis. Doug Kyed is jumping on the bandwagon for him, and the way the Pats protected him with money on the PS last year tells me they really like him.

He isn't a strong tackler - BB values that a lot more than many other teams. I don't see it.

Someone give me the scoop on Ryan Lewis. Doug Kyed is jumping on the bandwagon for him, and the way the Pats protected him with money on the PS last year tells me they really like him.

Racked up a grand total of 24 tackles over the course of his first three years at Pitt. Became a starter only in his senior year, and then went off for 79 tackles, 8 PDs, 2 picks and a sack.

Lewis was measured at 5110/192 pre-draft.
... 4.37/40 .. 1.59/10yd .. 16 reps .. 35 vert/128 long .. 4.34 shuttle/6.87 3-cone

Originally signed as a 2017 UDFA by ARZ; waived in cutdowns. Signed to the Pats PS Sept. 13th. Pats bumped his salary to the rookie minimum ($465k) on Oct 10th when the Bills tried to sign him away. Won three Practice Player of the Week awards.

Yes, please.

Edit: Apologize if this is not a credible source. If not, please feel free to delete. I admittedly got a little excited :D

There's a rumor that the Eagles have Darby on the trading block for a 3rd-rounder. Not any more or less credible, of course. However, I think Darby at $1.06M (2018 only) for a 3rd might be the better play for the Pats, if the rumor is true.

He's young, productive and started opposite Gilmore for two seasons in Buffalo - speaking of "perfect complements." Could also be a player the Pats would want to sign long term in 2019.

There's a rumor that the Eagles have Darby on the trading block for a 3rd-rounder. Not any more or less credible, of course. However, I think Darby at $1.06M (2018 only) for a 3rd might be the better play for the Pats, if the rumor is true.

He's young, productive and started opposite Gilmore for two seasons in Buffalo - speaking of "perfect complements." Could also be a player the Pats would want to sign long term in 2019.
Sold :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back