PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL First Round Draft Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, I think a shortened career like that is a good reason to drop a player out of the first round, but shouldn't rule him out in the second if you think he has potential to start from day one, and shouldn't rule him out in the third at all.

Although there's also a matter of whether or not he'll be able to practice fully for those 4-5 years. If he can practice as often as anyone else, then sure, take him. But if the knee injury will require him to miss practice time to manage it, then I'd bump him down a lot further. That's what happened to Da'Quan Bowers a couple years ago. He went from a potential top-3 pick to the second round because of a degenerative knee issue. But since he couldn't practice regularly, he never really developed as a player, and ended up being a waste of a pick even in the 2nd.

Your Achilles tendon is a whole different issue. Achilles tendons are the hardest injury in football to recover from.

A better example is what is currently going on with Jadeveon Clowney.
Micro Fracture surgery is 100% fixable, but it depends a lot on the individuals motivation. This is the huge difference between jack and Clowney. Jack is an intelligent, highly motivated, and honest person. Hints why he was honest about his condition. Clowney on the other hand has always been lazy, and he was dishonest about needing it leading up to the draft

Last edited:
Your Achilles tendon is a whole different issue. Achilles tendons are the hardest injury in football to recover from.

A better example is what is currently going on with Jadeveon Clowney.
Micro Fracture surgery is 100% fixable, but it depends a lot on the individuals motivation. This is the huge difference between jack and Clowney. Jack is an intelligent, highly motivated, and honest person. Hints why he was honest about his condition. Clowney on the other hand has always been lazy, and he was dishonest about needing it leading up to the draft

I agree, but Bowers' Achilles injury didn't occur until his second season. At that point, he was already looking like a bust, although admittedly things could have turned out differently if that hadn't happened.

Trade 60 & 61. Select Miles Jack

91. Braxton Miller
96. Best DT still available (DT's really fell yesterday, I think theres a good chance of grabbing someone this late.

If we came out of the first 3 rounds like this, I would be jumping in joy.

We need AT LEAST one OLman on Day 2.

Edit: Having said that, I would have drafted Miles Jack at 29 if that pick had not been stolen from us.

Boy, I don't know about this with Miles Jack. That knee sounds like it could explode at any minute.

I was a fan of the Easley pick, and he busted. Without a 1st this year, I don't know if the young'un pool on the Pats is deep enough to keep sustaining that kind of failure.

Boy, I don't know about this with Miles Jack. That knee sounds like it could explode at any minute.

I was a fan of the Easley pick, and he busted. Without a 1st this year, I don't know if the young'un pool on the Pats is deep enough to keep sustaining that kind of failure.

I don't think Easley can truly be considered a bust because of Injuries. Especially considering it wasn't ever his knees.

However, looks like Jack won't need surgery after all

BILL TRADE THOSE 2 PICKS TO CLE RIGHT NOW. Throw in Dobson while you're at it.

Myles Jack learned he wouldn't need surgery ... a day after losing millions at the NFL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back