PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread - Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for laughs I wonder what would happen if the Bucs Took Hill and Moss. :D

BAL - Geno Stone - S - Iowa

It's not a below average group. Imo. It's a good group. Stidham will have a strong running game behind him, solid blocking in front of him and a defense that will keep the score them close in games. Stidham is going to be in a good situation when the season starts. He'll have his ups and downs but it'll be a fun season. He has all the physical tools including mobility to extend some plays. He'll have plenty of weapons to get the ball to.

I'm more excited now about the upcoming season now than before the draft because they didn't draft a QB which is a testament to how they feel about him. Imo.
I do think the Pats will win games and that it'll be fun to have a lot of mystery around this season and how it falls. But that being said, this isn't an ideal WR group and by below average, I mean that it would fall somewhere in the 20-32 range in the league.

That doesn't mean that Stidham can't do well. I certainly think he can. We've seen QBs have a good season without star-studded talents. Baker Mayfield's really solid rookie season was the first that came to mind for me with a guy like Landry at 1 but no top options after that.

Looks like they wanted jefferson but Minnesota scooped him up

I totally disagree. They clearly had the trade in place before Minnesota ever picked. My impression after watching that yesterday was the exact opposite. Pretty sure that you are incorrect.

You clearly are a non-fan troll.
He only shows up when things are bad. Seriously, check his posting history. He had a ton in September / early October 2014 where the aforementioned 7-9 quote showed up from. Then he stopped posting the rest of the year. Showed up in December this year, etc.

I do think the Pats will win games and that it'll be fun to have a lot of mystery around this season and how it falls. But that being said, this isn't an ideal WR group and by below average, I mean that it would fall somewhere in the 20-32 range in the league.

That doesn't mean that Stidham can't do well. I certainly think he can. We've seen QBs have a good season without star-studded talents. Baker Mayfield's really solid rookie season was the first that came to mind for me with a guy like Landry at 1 but no top options after that.

My honest non joking thoughts is that the Pats win 9 games. They really really need to upgrade that WR spot otherwise this offense is going to be tough to watch. Love the defense though.

When are we up I turned off the draft I feel so bad for Stifbam he will have like 90 yds passing with a td like every 2 games.
Vs Lock with his weaponry will look like Mahommes.

Bye bye Hill

Kj hill to LAC

He played at 368. He weighed in at 344 at the combine. Losing a bit of weight can make him more mobile.

I did read about that, but it also raises the question, why not work out then? You'd think you'd want to show off that newfound quickness. It could be a sign of just shedding weight as quickly as possible to show a lower number. I dont remember seeing anything about an injury, but maybe I missed that.

But if the weight loss is legit and he can sustain it, maybe he does look better. I'm only judging on what I saw on the field. Like I said, I've been wrong before. Its a 6th round pick. I'm not all up in arms about it. Just didn't see the fit with the style I remember watching.

Wow Ok I don't know what the heck we have to have a trade on the table for a WR

Chargers - K.J. Hill - WR - Ohio State
CAR - Stanley Thomas - RB - FIU

He only shows up when things are bad. Seriously, check his posting history. He had a ton in September / early October 2014 where the aforementioned 7-9 quote showed up from. Then he stopped posting the rest of the year. Showed up in December this year, etc.
Pathetic loser.

My impression after watching that yesterday was the exact opposite. Pretty sure that you are incorrect.

Yeah, I agree - it sounded like the Chargers just wanted to first make sure Min didn't pick their guy (K Murray).

Do you imagine future game day threads ?
Undoubtably some WR drafted in the 2nd round or later will be very good and some Pats draft pick will bust and we’ll never hear the end of it. Of course no one has Parris Campbell or Andy Isabella on the tips of their tongue right now.

BB's take: if this receiver draft is so deep I'm just going to get me some as UDFA's.

America won today, no matter what team you root for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes