PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Brady Foot Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Just saw a picture of Brady in N.Y with a cast boot on his foot.

If he wanted to avoid the media, he darn well could have. You don't see Peyton Manning constantly being photographed by paparazzi. For a guy who allegedly always puts team first, it was a questionable move, I don't think that's arguable.

And yes, it gives the Giants something specific to target. Belichick has stated in the past that is one of the reasons the Patriots are like Fort Knox when it comes to injury info. Sorry cuz.

how the hell is he supposed to get home with his girlfriend when there are a bunch of jerkoff scumbags taking pictures of him?

Is he supposed to drive through the front wall of the apartment?
The media would still come then you ****.

How exactly are they supposed to avoid the media in that situation troll?

explain that, i think everyone would love to hear this.

Re: Just saw a picture of Brady in N.Y with a cast boot on his foot.(Merged)

Brady has said that being in the public eye is part of the life he's chosen/living. I am sure the paparazzi at his doorstep annoys him, but he seems to understand it's part of his life.

Re: AP Release Brady Injures Ankle

He got off his dirt bike to punt. Whataya, ignorant?:)

LOL.

Actually Tom is jumping ON to his bike - stuntman style. Just like when the stuntmen jump onto a horse in the Westerns. :D

By all means, allow me to explain to you people what Tom's Injury really is..........

I read comments on here about Tom Brady's injury and i just laugh. It is quite evident, for all intensive purposes, that you people don't have a damn clue what is going on. I have an extensive background in medicine. I am currently working towards my doctorate at the SouthEast Chicago Institute of Medicine.

Now, for the "injury"... Yes it is an injury. Yes it does hurt. Yes LT wouldn't dream of playing on it, and yes that was a protective boot. These protective boots are worn for many many reasons people, ranging from a minor sprained ankle, to a slightly sprained ankle, to a very mild sprained ankle, to a somewhat-mild sprained ankle, to a "very" sprained ankle, to a seriously-sprained ankle. These boots are also worn when a player breaks bones in his foot. This includes anything from a hairline fracture to a full compound fracture. These boots are also worn for broken toes or infected toenails (see Mario Williams).

Now, onto my prognostication.
I believe that Tom Brady has a very-mild sprained ankle along with a bruise of the 4th meta-carpel. You can see on the video that he limps ginergly crossing the street but then seems to walk up the stairs to Giselle Buttchin's appartment with ease. This sort of moment fits the CLASSIC diagnosis that i have provided you people with.

The 4th meta-carpel helps regulate blood flow in the lower region of the foot. People who have arch problems and need Dr. Scholl's pads usually have bad meta-carpel blood flow regulation. The sprained ankle is really a ligament in the foot that has been pulled further than it should be. Judging by how smart i am and how Tom was walking, i would say it was the BML. This stands for the Binomial Manifold Ligament. It is sensitive and it does regulate bloodflow (im guessing anywhere from 70-72%), but it is not the most important foot ligament. One thing we might want to keep a close eye on is the alanthicke bone which is a small bone located right by the heel. If this bone isn't stabalized and recoagulated throughout this healing process, there could be more problems to come in the near future.

Thank God the pats have excellent trainers, who can stabalize the sprained ankle and ice the 4th meta-carpel. Because these are what makes leg lifts possible. If Tom Brady didn't have these doctors and trained medical staff, he could be dealing with longterm shinsplints of biblical proportions.

Re: Just saw a picture of Brady in N.Y with a cast boot on his foot.

sorta OT - I cannot imagine how hard it is to have these papparazzi scums following you wherever you go. Can you imagine pulling up to your front door and having these losers standing there, trying to shmooze with you? I wonder why TB & Giselle did not get a place with an underground garage so you can pull in without having to deal with these dopes. Betcha this place goes on the market soon.

Gisele and Brady get photographed by the paparzzi in New York City because they want to be photographed by the parparazzi. they walk across the street instead of getting dropped right in front of the apartment not because they don't want to slow down traffic but to give the guys their shots. they don't have to talk to them or even look at them, just let them get the pictures that, in this case, made every newspaper and sports or news web page in the country this morning. in return, since they don't cover their faces but let the paparazzi get a clean look, they don't get chased up the steps or have the camera pushed in their faces.

it's a big game here. the celebrities feed the paparazzi and get their pictures all over the world and, in return, don't get jostled or hassled. if they didn't want it, they would hole up in a hotel with a covered entrance or they would stay at a friend's place or go out of town.

finally, high profile celebrities don't get hassled on the street or in restaurants here because people are used to having them around (the only people who bother them are tourists or teeny boppers from the outer boroughs or jersey).

Last edited:
Re: Sorry not buying Brady injury scenario

He'll be fine. If he's up and walking around it's like a minor sprain of his ankle.
Given that the ended the game and was playing well enough (not his usual accurate self sometimes), I agree he'll be fine to play and be the best QB on the field for the two teams. I think there's at least a chance that he'll merely be very good as opposed to brilliant though. But that's likely a worst case.

Brady would win this game for us even if he was as immobilized as the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, but I appreciate the info, for whatever it might be worth.

Re: By all means, allow me to explain to you people what Tom's Injury really is......

I'm not going to pass judgment on Keegs' post above, but I will point out one significant correction: everywhere you see metacarpel, it should read metatarsal.

If anyone gets a metacarpal injury, it'd be more likely to happen to the future Mrs. Brady from trying to wear the ring he'll buy her. ;)

[Tarsal = foot; carpal = hand; carpel = plant part. :singing:]

Edit: now that I look more closely, I'm not sure if Keegs isn't trying to make a joke or not (alanthicke bone?). :confused:

Last edited:
Re: Just saw a picture of Brady in N.Y with a cast boot on his foot.(Merged)

The fact that this happened in the other team's home city, and has a ton of press coverage, creates a great distraction - for the Giants. Now their coaches will have to tell everyone that they aren't paying attention to this, that they will ignore it in their game planning. This in itself acknowledges that it is a distraction. Love it!

Regardless of what happened to him, and when, this is working out perfectly for the Pats.

If the injury is anything that needs serious attention, he wouldn't be walking around in NYC. He wouldn't have left MA.

I'm no medical expert but I did have 2 severely sprained ankles playing sports(both ankles multiple times) and from what I've seen, it looks like TB got light sprain. Its pure speculation but sprain tends to hurt the most very next day when swelling goes up like crazy. If it was severe sprain, he would not be walking around like that and instead, he'll be sitting at home with ice over the ankle. Good news is that light sprain effect will be gone by about 3-4 days usually and I imagine he'll be pain free and back to almost full strength by the time he has to play. If it is any other injuries, I'll eat my words.

You really do have to admire and enjoy Bill Belichick's gamesmanship. :D

Re: Brady's Foot - what 2+2 = for me

BTW, earlier in the thread someone was talking about how an athlete would never take an oral narcotic during a game -- this is very much not the case.

Pretty much all NFL players are fairly acclimated to taking regimens of painkillers. As any junky knows, the problem with opiates is that the "high" dimishes rapidly, and soon you need more to get the same effect.

The same is true of their efficacy in pain relief -- but at a much slower rate than the euphoria and sluggishness. Thus, most athletes have developed enough of a tolerance to the intoxicating effects of narcotics that they can take clinical doses of them before a game to help deal with the pain during the game, and the degree to which it will slow them down mentally ends up being less than the degree to which they'd be slowed down mentally from their body's reaction to pain.

I can testify to that, as someone who's had to take pain killers to recover from invasive surgery -- at first you assume it's all the pain killers that are making you so out of it, but then, as you heal, you realize that it was the pain and body trauma as much, if not more, than the opiates, that were making you dopey.

Only problem with your theory is that Brady's injury isn't bad enough to cause him to be dopey from the "Trauma" of his pain. You've got to be kidding right? His pain would have to be very extreme and his injury more than serious for this to ocurr. It's not a serious injury, so what are you talking about Pat?

Last edited:
My sources have informed me that TFB was in court early this morning to request a temporary restraining order against Gisele.

Gisele immediately went to the courthouse, where she explained to the judge that Tom's foot injury was the result of 'consentual horseplay'.

The judge promptly high-fived Tom, exclaimed, "Yeeeeah boy!", and dismissed the request.

Last edited:
Re: By all means, allow me to explain to you people what Tom's Injury really is......

I'm not going to pass judgment on Keegs' post above, but I will point out one significant correction: everywhere you see metacarpel, it should read metatarsal.

If anyone gets a metacarpal injury, it'd be more likely to happen to the future Mrs. Brady from trying to wear the ring he'll buy her. ;)

[Tarsal = foot; carpal = hand; carpel = plant part. :singing:]

Edit: now that I look more closely, I'm not sure if Keegs isn't trying to make a joke or not (alanthicke bone?). :confused:

Actually this is where Keegs shines of late, making the most astute not to mention cutting edge medical observations based on the information available to message board inhabitants...

A lot of you OBVIOUSLY weren't here the last time Tom injured his ankle and could barely make it off the field on his own steam, only to play 1 week later in a Superbowl in which some guy named Bledsoe was available as his backup.

I think it's great all the threads on this topic have been merged, only the title is a little disingenuous...Should be the Official Unsubstantiated Speculation on the Origin, Impact and Implications of Brady's Foot Injury Thread. Because it would be unfortunate if anyone clinked on this thread expecting to see anything more enlightening than Keegs parody on the posters.

I'm no medical expert but I did have 2 severely sprained ankles playing sports(both ankles multiple times) and from what I've seen, it looks like TB got light sprain. Its pure speculation but sprain tends to hurt the most very next day when swelling goes up like crazy. If it was severe sprain, he would not be walking around like that and instead, he'll be sitting at home with ice over the ankle. Good news is that light sprain effect will be gone by about 3-4 days usually and I imagine he'll be pain free and back to almost full strength by the time he has to play. If it is any other injuries, I'll eat my words.

One thing I can say for certain is that his injury is NOT a fractured or broken bone. I've had 3 fractures in my feet and I know that no athlete could play football on a fractured bone in their feet.

So let's not speculate that this could be one of the possibilities because it can not be.

And "Yes" I know for a fact if I could not have played on a fractured foot, then no one could...not even Tom Brady.

Last edited:
Re: Brady's Foot - what 2+2 = for me

I've been reading a little bit about a broken bone in his foot and taking pain killers (KFFL). I read about it maybe happening in the Jacksonville game (Patriots Planet). I read about him looking sluggish (here).

That all adds up for me. Breaks something late in the Jacksonville game. Plays against SD, needs pain killers so he looks sluggish and is decent but not himself which would be a likely result of a foot issue. The sluggishness and shaky play would have shown up later had it happened in the SD game.

Despite words like broken, etc, this scenario plays out OK. He probably wouldn't be 100% for the SB but would be no worse than how he ended the SD game which was still pretty decent. In fact, no worse is way pessimistic, with two weeks he may not be 100% but he would be a whole lot better.

Although all of the first paragraph is message board speculation, it all adds up especially the pain killers and the noted sluggishness.

the only thing you say that i disagree with is that the pain killers would make him sluggish. i'm not a doctor, but i can't imagine that the nfl doesn't have "stuff" that helps the pain but leaves guys alert, like some sort of local anaesthetic injected.

One thing I can say for certain is that his injury is NOT a fractured or broken bone. I've had 3 fractures in my feet and I know that no athlete could play football on a fractured bone in their feet.

So let's not speculate that this could be one of the possibilities because it can not be.
I hope you're right but I don't think you can say anything like that FOR SURE. But I really hope you're right.

Re: Brady's New Endorsement Deal

I thought it was funny. Just need to add the #12 on the side of the boot to make it more believable :)

Actually this is where Keegs shines of late, making the most astute not to mention cutting edge medical observations based on the information available to message board inhabitants...

A lot of you OBVIOUSLY weren't here the last time Tom injured his ankle and could barely make it off the field on his own steam, only to play 1 week later in a Superbowl in which some guy named Bledsoe was available as his backup.

I think it's great all the threads on this topic have been merged, only the title is a little disingenuous...Should be the Official Unsubstantiated Speculation on the Origin, Impact and Implications of Brady's Foot Injury Thread. Because it would be unfortunate if anyone clinked on this thread expecting to see anything more enlightening than Keegs parody on the posters.

you're right. so many threads have been merged that i'll repeat what i said somewhere in this mess. the reasons for wearing a protective boot range from allowing a broken bone to heal to keeping pressure off a hangnail that's been cleaned up by a doctor. i'm not suggesting the latter, but there are a lot of things short of a fracture that this might be.

I hope you're right but I don't think you can say anything like that FOR SURE. But I really hope you're right.

I definately can say that for sure. No professional athlete is capable of playing on a fractured foot. The pain & swelling is unbelieveable. If I couldn't do, no one could...I couldn't even come close. The thought of playing wouldn't even enter someone's mind. Not with a fracture or broken bone in their foot.

Go call a doctor if you don't believe me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes