PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Binkie Thread

I think I want Nikita Whitlock as much as anyone in this draft. Really intrigued by the combination of size, strength and 3-cone and where he might be used. And he is such a BB player. If he isn't drafted and has an offer from the Patriots, he'd be silly not to take it because if he's going to find success anywhere, it will be here.

My binky is Calvin Pryor. Originally I thought he would go in the 10-20 range, but a less-than-stella Combine might drop him into range. Pryor in the Patriots backfield could be a nightmare WRs...

Jason Verrett, Jeremiah Attaochu and Brandin Cooks. Would love to get any although only really see Attaochu happening.

Johnny manziel.

Would any of you be upset with belichixk if he traded up for manziel or drafted Kyle fuller? Obviously neither fills a position of immediate need.

SS Deone Buchannon, Washington State - Big, strong, fast. Enforcer. Excellent measurables. Excellent production (114 TT, 6 Ints last year). Position of need.

OL Joel Bitonio, Nevada - Protoypical OG size. Played LT very well in college. Versatile. Announcers have said he can play any OL position, including OC. Mankins' eventual successor. Position of extreme need.

OL Zack Martin, Notre Dame - See Joel Bitonio, only with lesser measurables, but a higher profile school.

WR Jeff Janis, Saginaw Valley State - Big, 6'3", 219 lbs. Great measurables & production.

QB Jeff Matthews, Cornell - Protoypical size for our system. Cannon arm. Set school records for production (FWIW). Extremely intelligent.

DL Caraun Reid, Princeton & DL Zach Kerr, Delaware - Energizer bunnies.

S Vinnie Sunseri, Alabama & S Isaiah Thomas, Michigan St.- Played in two of the best defenses in college football.

Jackson Jeffcoat, DE Texas

Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri

Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young

Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College

Deone Bucannon, S, Washington State

Lonnie Ballentine, S, Memphis

Lorenzo Taliaferra, RB, Coastal Carolina

Dri Archer, RB, Kent State

John Urschel, OG, Penn State

Cameron Fleming, OT/OG, Stanford

C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa

Arthur Lynch, TE, Georgia

Last edited:
anyone else excited about Telvin Smith, OLB from Florida State?

Guy looks like a heat seeking missile!!

My binkies are Aaron Donald and Darqueze Dennard, although the chances of either one of them coming here are next to nothing.

As far as realistic prospects, I'd be intrigued at the thought of a guy like Tuitt who can play both inside/out on the DL, another safety prospect to fill an area that has been a weakness for many years, and a guy like Shazier who can add a tremendous amount of athleticism for our LB corps.

I don't have specific TE prospects in mind, but certainly want one of ASJ, Fiedoriwicz, or Niklas. I also wouldn't mind seeing a guy like Lynch taken in the 4th round.

I wouldn't mind a QB in the middle rounds again, and kind of like the DT from Penn State, Jones in the 3rd.

telvin smith looks like a stud him and Christian Jones in the 4th round would be two very nice options around that point in the draft

anyone else excited about Telvin Smith, OLB from Florida State?

Guy looks like a heat seeking missile!!

Yes, I think he could be a smashmouth safety and cover backs and linebackers

Lots of good responses, but allow me to offer my UNBINKIES. These are the 3 guys who I will be very upset if they end up being our first pick.

1. Louis Nix - Right.... just what we need ANOTHER run stuffer in a league that's devaluing the position. :rolleyes:

2. Dee Ford - Right....just what we need, an undersized, short armed pass rusher with one move. Questionable at best, and certainly not that high. :rolleyes:

3. CJ Mosely - I don't get it about him. I've seen a bunch of tape and seen nothing out of the ordinary. He's a good ILB, but its not a position of need, and certainly not that high for someone who isn't going to start

Lots of good responses, but allow me to offer my UNBINKIES. These are the 3 guys who I will be very upset if they end up being our first pick.

1. Louis Nix - Right.... just what we need ANOTHER run stuffer in a league that's devaluing the position. :rolleyes:

2. Dee Ford - Right....just what we need, an undersized, short armed pass rusher with one move. Questionable at best, and certainly not that high. :rolleyes:

3. CJ Mosely - I don't get it about him. I've seen a bunch of tape and seen nothing out of the ordinary. He's a good ILB, but its not a position of need, and certainly not that high for someone who isn't going to start

You've nailed two of my binkies :(

I guess that's why this forum is so great, we all have such different opinions

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back