PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Ongoing

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
This is the packers way.
And when Kraft made the comment that Wolf sees the salary cap the same way he does, I was terrified.
Pats are irrelevant. Going to be a few years before people care about them again. They seem okay with carrying over 30 million or so in cap room. Good offseason for the Krafts thats for sure

Pats are irrelevant. Going to be a few years before people care about them again. They seem okay with carrying over 30 million or so in cap room. Good offseason for the Krafts thats for sure
30 mm would be a conservative estimate. They have 51 in space now the draft picks should cost about $8 mm to sign. That would mean they spend about $13 more on free agents/traded players.

I don’t have the confidence the front office will even shell out that much.

Remember that there were “experts” that suggested the Patriots give the bears #3 for Fields and #9. He goes for a 6th round pick. Perfect example of how stupid things get this time of year.

The Drane Maye slander and “fall” is the next example.

He's never coming back here, after the Patriots paid him Right Tackle money, and switched him to left tackle. Screwed him out of millions. You wonder why he didn't try last year, that's why.
I recall that felt like a major douche move at the time and just the sort of thing that costs coaches the locker room.

I recall that felt like a major douche move at the time and just the sort of thing that costs coaches the locker room.
They basically ****ed him out of 12 million dollars. I'm sure people would love to memory-hole that, but it explains his lack of effort last year, and the fact that he'll never come back here ever again.

30 mm would be a conservative estimate. They have 51 in space now the draft picks should cost about $8 mm to sign. That would mean they spend about $13 more on free agents/traded players.

I don’t have the confidence the front office will even shell out that much.
They’ll accomplish that easily after players #52 and #53, practice squad salaries, increased salaries for elevations, roster replacements for players on IR, etc.

They basically ****ed him out of 12 million dollars. I'm sure people would love to memory-hole that, but it explains his lack of effort last year, and the fact that he'll never come back here ever again.
As an upcoming FA instead of getting lazy he should’ve been smart enough to put out better tape for teams instead of the inconsistency he showed. He screwed himself out of some money going forward.

As an upcoming FA instead of getting lazy he should’ve been smart enough to put out better tape for teams instead of the inconsistency he showed. He screwed himself out of some money going forward.
Probably. He can use the injury excuse, and some team will probably pay him.
But I know for sure it won't be the Patriots. Don't be surprised if this story ends up in The Player's Tribune or something someday. That's sure to help FA recruiting.

So if we’re doing this off-season the way we appear to be doing it:
1) Somehow let’s find a way to get a decent LT option to sign. That opens up the 2nd and 3rd rounds to attack the WR room. Then aim at 2025 to draft your LT of the future.

2) Work on a Barmore extension.

3) Get Dugger figured out.

4) Although GM Judon isn’t working out, let’s sign Judon the player to an extension of some sort. Then go after edge as well in 2025.

This would lock in Barmore and White on the DL. Bentley and Judon on the 2nd level. Dugger and Gonzo in the backfield. That’s a good start at keeping the defense going.

Then we can continue to build the offense.

He had no interest in us, prob to drive price up

Or the Patriots leaked that they put an offer out there, to make it seem like they were in on it - and didn't actually do it.

Or the Patriots leaked that they put an offer out there, to make it seem like they were in on it - and didn't actually do it.
Or Ridley is talking about his former team and is saying the team that gave him the most was the most important thing.

The Pats might have offered 22 mil on ave but we never saw the guarantee which is the most important part.

Shrug. He obviously didn't talk about every team that made an offer. He mentioned the team he wanted to be on (Jags) and the team that signed him by offering the most (Titans).

It'd be weird if he said, "I wanted to be on the Jags, but the Titans had that other side... you know, the insane amounts of cash. Oh, and the Pats offered a lot, too."

This makes me cry that Brady is a Levis fan like I was IMG_2253.png

Looks like we whiffed on Tyrone Smith also. Yet another mistake in this horrible FA season.

It seems like our off season, so far, is not being run professionally. The Patriots are screwing up at every turn. I suspect that a meddling J. Kraft is the problem, but I don't know for sure.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back