PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 5

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t rule out a trade up for a LT
The risk is though there's a high chance of the Pats sucking again this year, the quickest way to get fired as a new GM is making a trade that has looks disastrous when you see next years draft order.

I don't think a new GM would want to risk something like that although it's clearly a need.

If the Patriots are not attempting to compete in 2024 (which they clearly are not), then the only goal should be the #1 pick in 2025. You thought we were tanking last year? Let's take that to the next level. 1-16.

Why is it that I felt a gut punch losing Smith to the Jets? Although, it's not really about the Jets, it feels like the time Wilfork fell into our lap, being exactly what we needed at that time. Today, a quality LT would set the stage for the future and allow draft pics to learn and develop. You know a real professional plan.
Can someone call the Pats front office just to check to see if they are working this week?

it’s day five of free agency and I am now routing for them to go a different direction at GM. I believe Wolf’s contract is up after the draft.

I wanted the team to start fresh at gm as soon as Belichick left. Then I was excited to give Wolf a shot but now that they have pretty much whiffed on every quality player at positions of need in free agency with the most call space in the league…
Why blame it on Wolf? Tyron Smith would've been a good signing for this team. It needs tackles. Here's a guy on the older side that wouldn't provide some leadership and gameplay while you're trying to figure things out. You're now back in panic mode.

A rookie or Vederian Lowe is not a serious plan.

And we better not be going after Joe Alt. Hell no.

Last edited:
Not torn up about missing out on Smith, but still the Patriots are sitting on a lot of extra money… and scary thing is I’m not sure if they have any intention of spending it
Don’t they have to?

Majority of you were celebrating Bill leaving, enjoy the Packer way now, grass wasn’t greener on the other side. Now Krafts cheap ass has someone in Wolf he can control, reap what y’all wanted.

Don’t they have to?
They do, now they have to burn cash on jags, unless they pull off a miracle and execute a trade. I don’t even think a Barmore extension would use up much cap for this year.

Good post Cousin, The Draft value chart has #23 and #11 at 1950 points. Our #3 is 2200 points. Would the Pats, when they come back from vacation this week, Take #11 and #23 for the #3 pick if the Vikes spun one of their fourths like pick #108?
We are closer in points to a top three pick from them than Washington or the Bears for that matter. The Bears are also in their division.

I think most on this Forum would opt for this deal. We need a slew of picks in this Draft as our front office is sleep walking through FA. and deserve an "F". We are forced to play rookies.....like Green Bay...hmm.

Your post makes a lot of sense. Until the "Take a QB at #3" posters can guarantee that the "Holy Three" are that much more viable as a "franchise QB (see Trey Lance. See Bryce Young), I would take my chances of the so called second tier (Mahomes was 10th) None of these kids will start in 2024 anyway. We are starting if ranked, the worst QB in the NFL in 2024 instead.

Great job FO. You guys have created this issue for years in Draft and FA choices and have escaped criticism Mr. Wolf and Mr. Groh, and blamed this all on BB? He was the final say so shame on him, but it was you ....and yes Fields haters I would take a 6th (or this 4th) and trade with the Bears for Fields. I would rather have an ascending QB than a career backup just to make 2024 a little bit exciting. If AVP worked with Watson who has run characteristics, perhaps he could finish molding Fields. At least it would be exciting to watch as our new multi-million dollar clip board holders on the sideline show off their clean uniforms in 2024.

What a trajedy it would be if Fields wound up as really good here. What would we do...what would we do...

DW Toys
Good post .. Fields would at least make this upcoming season bearable. Two more years of this nonsense and the fan base will leave in droves and probly take years to come back

Why blame it on Wolf? Tyron Smith would've been a good signing for this team. It needs tackles. Here's a guy on the older side that wouldn't provide some leadership and gameplay while you're trying to figure things out. You're now back in panic mode.

A rookie or Vederian Lowe is not a serious plan.

And we better not be going after Joe Alt. Hell no.
Not blaming Wolf just for Tyron. Blaming Wolf for not being able to address WR, or LT with the most money available.

Majority of you were celebrating Bill leaving, enjoy the Packer way now, grass wasn’t greener on the other side. Now Krafts cheap ass has someone in Wolf he can control, reap what y’all wanted.
Bill is a large part of why we are here, stop it.

If the Patriots are not attempting to compete in 2024 (which they clearly are not), then the only goal should be the #1 pick in 2025. You thought we were tanking last year? Let's take that to the next level. 1-16.
How is that in line with what Kraft said he was going to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST